MCC will commence NEET Counselling and Seat Allotment for MBBS/ BDS seats under 15% All India Quota soon after the declaration of result. However, State level counselling for 85% seats will be organized separately by the respective state authorities. Candidates appearing for NEET 2020 and clearing NEET Cut Off required by the respective colleges can apply for admission in that college through counselling. Check Expected NEET 2020 Cut off
- Counselling for 15% All India Quota seats will be administrated by Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Seats will be allotted to the students as per their merit, category, and availability of seats in colleges.
- In NEET 2020 counselling there will be a total of 3 rounds including a mop-up round.
NEET Counselling 2020
The candidates who successfully qualify the NEET 2020 will be called for the counselling process, which will be based on their performance in the exam. For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counselling process will be organized by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode only.
Those who do not fall in the category mentioned above will proceed with the Counseling Process conducted by the respective authorities. For the counselling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counselling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges. The authorities will provide admissions based on the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges. Once the counselling process is completed, the candidates must report at their allotted colleges on time for the further process.
NEET 2020 Counselling Dates
Considering the outbreak of the Novel Corona Virus, NTA (the conducting body of NEET) had postponed the NEET examination. However, the new dates have been released, and the revised dates are as given below:
|Registration and Payment||19 August 2020– 26 August 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||26 August 2020 (7:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||26 August 2020 (4:00 PM) – 27 June 2020 (11:00 AM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||27 August 2020 – 30 August 2020|
|First Counselling Result||1 September 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||1 September 2020 – 6 September 2020|
|Registration and Payment||11 September 2020 – 13 September 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||13 September 2020 (12 Noon)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||12 September 2020 (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||13 September 2020 – 15 September 2020|
|Second Counselling Result||18 September 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||18 September 2020 – 25 September 2020|
MOP-UP Round for Central/Deemed University/ ESIC only
|Registration and Payment||13 October 2020 – 15 October 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Fee Payment Facility||16 October 2020 (2:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling and Seat Locking||16 October 2020 (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM)|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||17 October 2020|
|Third Counselling Result||18 October 2020|
|Reporting to colleges||20 October 2020 – 26 October 2020|
NEET 2020 Counseling Procedure
Here we are describing the counselling procedure for NEET Examination.
Those who successfully clear the examination with minimum required cut-off can register themselves for NEET Counseling. For registration, the candidates need to fill their basic details. Those who will not register themselves for the counselling process will not be able to participate in it. Once the registration process is concluded, a unique USER ID & PASSWORD will be generated for each and every candidate and be sent to the candidate’s registered email Id & mobile number.
Choice Filling & Locking
After the registration process, candidates need to select medical/dental colleges & courses as per their preference. Once candidates complete their final selection, they need to click on the save button for locking their choices. It is mandatory to lock their preferred choices.
The counselling result will be released via email or SMS when a seat will be allotted to a candidate. Seats are allotted only based on candidate’s rank & opted choice of colleges.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Those who successfully get seats in the counselling procedure must report at their allotted colleges at a given time for admission purposes along with their original documents and with photocopies of these documents.
NEET 2020 Admission
Once the counselling process concludes, those who get seats allotted in any of the government or top colleges across India need to report to the same. For the admission process, the candidates need to carry their original documents for verification. If in case any candidates fail to reach their allotted medical/dental colleges in the given time, the seat of those candidates will be cancelled & they will be disqualified from the further rounds of counselling and the same will be available for next round counselling.
Required documents for NEET Admission Process
Candidates need to carry below-listed documents for the admission process. It is advised that the candidates carry their original documents along with a photocopy of the original documents.
- High School & Intermediate Mark Sheets (Higher Secondary & Senior Secondary)
- High School & Intermediate Passing Certificate
- NEET Admit Card 2020
- NEET Rank Card/Rank Letter 2020
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Eight Passport size photograph
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Identity Proof
NEET Counselling for 15% All India Quota
- In the counselling process, the candidates will be considered for all India Colleges.
- Those who are participated in All India Counseling can also participate in State Counseling.
- It is based on the candidate’s All India Quota Rank.
- Those who belong from the J&K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana will not participate in All India Quota counselling.
- If in case any seat remains after the All India Quota counselling, these will be transformed into State Quota seats.
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota
- It will be conducted for admission into state medical/dental colleges.
- For state counselling process, candidates need to register in respective states website.
- This type of counselling process will be based on the state merit list.