NEET Counselling 2023: Dates, Fee, Seat Allotment Process
- NEET-UG Counselling 2023 will be held after the successful conduction of the examination.
- The NEET-UG exam is scheduled to be held on July , 2023.
- The application forms are now available. Candidates can fill out the forms by May 2023 (upto 11:50 PM).
MCC organizes NEET Counselling and Seat Allotment for MBBS/ BDS seats under 15% of All India Quota soon after the declaration of the result. However, State level counseling for 85% of seats will be organized separately by the respective state authorities.
Candidates who appear in the NEET 2023 and clear NEET Cut-Off required by the respective colleges can apply for admission to the college through counseling.
- Counseling for 15% of All India Quota seats will be administrated by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Seats will be allotted to the students as per their merit, category, and availability of seats in colleges.
- In NEET counseling 2023, there will be a total of 3 rounds including a mop-up round
NEET Counselling 2023
The candidates who successfully qualify for the NEET 2023, will be called for the counselling process. For those belonging to the 15% All India Quota, the counselling process will be organized by the MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode only.
Those who do not fall in the category mentioned above will proceed with the Counselling Process conducted by the respective authorities. For the counselling process, the candidates need to pay a fee, and while filling counselling form, they must also fill in their preferred choices of colleges. The authorities will provide admissions based on the ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges. Once the counselling process is completed, the candidates must report to their allotted colleges on time for the further process.
NEET 2023 Counselling Dates
NEET 2023 Counselling Procedure
Here we are describing the counselling procedure for NEET Examination 2023.
Those who successfully clear the examination with the minimum required cut-off can register themselves for NEET Counseling. For registration, the candidates need to fill in their basic details. Those who do not register themselves for the counseling process will not be able to participate in it. Once the registration process is concluded, a unique USER ID & PASSWORD will be generated for each and every candidate and sent to the candidate’s registered Email ID & mobile number.
Choice Filling & Locking
After the registration process, candidates need to select medical/dental colleges & courses as per their preferences. Once candidates complete their final selection, they need to click on the save button for locking their choices. It is mandatory to lock the preferred choices.
The counselling result is released via email or SMS when a seat is allotted to a candidate. Seats are allotted based on the candidate’s rank & opted choice of colleges only.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Those who successfully get seats in the counselling procedure must report at their allotted colleges at a given time for admission purposes along with their original documents and with photocopies of the documents.
NEET Admission 2023
Once the counselling process concludes, those who get seats in any of the government or top colleges across India, need to report to the same. For the admission process, the candidates need to carry their original documents for verification. If in case any candidates fail to reach their allotted medical/dental colleges in the given time, the seat of those candidates will be canceled & they will be disqualified from further rounds of counselling.
Required documents for NEET Admission Process
Candidates need to carry the below-listed documents for the admission process. It is advised that you carry their original documents along with a photocopy of the original documents:
- High School & Intermediate Mark Sheets (Higher Secondary & Senior Secondary)
- High School & Intermediate Passing Certificate
- NEET Admit Card 2023
- NEET Rank Card/Rank Letter 2023
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Eight Passport size photograph
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Identity Proof
NEET Counselling for 15% All India Quota
- In the counselling process, the candidates will be considered for all Indian colleges.
- Those who participate in All India Counselling can also participate in State counselling.
- It is based on the candidate’s All India Quota Rank.
- Those who belong to the J&K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana can not participate in All India quota counselling.
- If in case any seat remains after the All India Quota counselling, then they are transformed into State quota seats.
NEET Counselling for 85% State Quota
- It is conducted for admission into state medical/dental colleges.
- For the state counselling process, candidates need to register on the respective state’s website.
- This type of counselling process is based on the state merit list.
Candidates need to wait for an official notification from the authorities regarding the counselling procedure NEET 2023.
This article explains the details about the counselling process. We hope that the information sorts your ambiguities.
Good luck with all your future endeavors!