The conducting authority of NEET, the National Testing Agency has released the NEET 2021 Exam Pattern. The conducting authority is responsible for deciding the NEET Exam Pattern 2021. The exam pattern consists of information such as the number of questions, marking scheme, weightage, difficulty level, duration etc. Through this article, you will get complete information regarding the NEET Exam Pattern 2021.
NEET Exam Pattern 2021
To ace the prestigious NEET examination, the candidates must be aware of the paper pattern. Knowing the paper pattern beforehand helps the students in many ways; it prepares them for the kind of questions they are going to face in the examination, it gives them an idea about the weightage and duration of each segment so that they know how much do they need to prepare for a certain segment and how much time can they dedicate to a particular section. The NEET exam pattern is as given below:
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Duration of the examination||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer| -1 for an incorrect answer|
|Sections|Number of Questions||Physics||45|
|Biology (Zoology-45 Botany-45)||90|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- Total Marks: The maximum marks will be 720.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, you will be awarded four marks.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Question Paper Medium||Exam Centers|
|English and Hindi Medium||All Examination Centers|
|English, Hindi & Assamese||Examination Centers in Assam|
|English, Hindi & Bengali||Examination Centers in West Bengal|
|English, Hindi & Gujarati||Examination Centers in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra &
|English, Hindi & Marathi||Examination Centers in Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi & Tamil||Examination Centers in Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi & Telugu||Examination Centers in Andhra Pradesh &
|English, Hindi & Oriya||Examination Centers in Odisha|
|English, Hindi & Kannada||Examination Centers in Karnataka|
Points to Ponder
- The candidates must choose the medium of question paper in the application form itself.
- Once chosen, the language cannot be changed.
- Candidates who have opted for English will be provided with a Test Booklet in English only.
- The candidates who have opted for any other language will be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet (with the language of their choice and English)
- The English version of the NEET question paper will be treated as final in case of any discrepancies.