The conducting authority of NEET, the National Testing Agency, has released the NEET 2023 Exam Pattern. The conducting authority is responsible for deciding the NEET Exam Pattern 2023. The exam pattern consists of information such as the number of questions, marking scheme, weightage, difficulty level, duration, etc.
This article will give you complete information regarding the NEET Exam Pattern 2023.
NEET Exam Pattern 2023
To ace the prestigious NEET examination, the candidates must be aware of the paper pattern. Knowing the exam pattern beforehand helps the students in many ways. It prepares them for the kind of questions they are going to face in the examination. Moreover, it gives them an idea about the weightage and duration of each segment so that they know how much do they need to prepare for a certain segment. It also helps to understand how much time they can dedicate to a particular section.
The NEET exam pattern 2023 is given below:
|Mode of the examination||Offline|
|Duration of the examination||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total number of Questions||180|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for correct answer| -1 for an incorrect answer|
|Sections|Number of Questions||Physics||45|
|Biology (Zoology-45 Botany-45)||90|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- Total Marks: The maximum marks will be 720
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, you will be awarded four marks
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted
|Question Paper Medium||Exam Centers|
|English and Hindi Medium||All Examination Centers|
|English, Hindi & Assamese||Examination Centers in Assam|
|English, Hindi & Bengali||Examination Centers in West Bengal|
|English, Hindi & Gujarati||Examination Centers in Gujarat, Daman, Dadra &
|English, Hindi & Marathi||Examination Centers in Maharashtra|
|English, Hindi & Tamil||Examination Centers in Tamil Nadu|
|English, Hindi & Telugu||Examination Centers in Andhra Pradesh &
|English, Hindi & Oriya||Examination Centers in Odisha|
|English, Hindi & Kannada||Examination Centers in Karnataka|
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants preparing for NEET 2023, are advised to go through the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are inclusive of minimum and maximum age requirements, educational requirements, categories, and nationality. Candidates must understand the mandatory requirements to be eligible for NEET.
Minimum age requirement: Candidates who want to appear for NEET 2023 must have completed a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of admission as of December 2023.
Nationality: Aspirants have to be Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO), or Foreign Nationals.
Subjects studied: To apply for NEET 2023 exam, aspirants will have to study physics, chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- Educational qualifications: Candidates who have either completed or are appearing in 10+2 or equivalent are eligible to appear in NEET-UG 2023.
- Minimum marks required in qualifying exam: Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and biology combined in the 10+2 qualifying exam. For SC, ST, OBC-NCL category candidates the minimum marks required are 40%.
Points to Ponder
- The candidates must choose the medium of question paper in the application form itself.
- Once chosen, the language cannot be changed.
- Candidates who have opted for English will be provided with a test booklet in English only.
- The candidates who have opted for any other language will be provided with a Bilingual Test Booklet (with the language of their choice and English).
- The English version of the NEET question paper will be treated as final in case of any discrepancies.
NEET is one of the most challenging and prestigious exams in the country. Lakhs of students prepare every year for this exam.
The candidates are advised to prepare all the topics subject-wise, analyze the syllabus, and concentrate on their studies. Candidates appearing in NEET 2023 are advised to go through this NEET chapter-wise weightage mandatorily and prepare accordingly for the exam. You must have knowledge of all the concepts and topics in the syllabus in detail.
Once you cover the syllabus, you can work on mastering the chapters along with working on your weak areas.
Good luck with your preparations!