The official authorities have released the JEE Main official notification 2024. The JEE main exam session one exam will be scheduled soon.
JEE Main is a national-level entrance exam organized by NTA every year. After qualifying for this exam, candidates can get admission in B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Arch/ B.Plan courses in prestigious engineering institutions like IITs, NITs, CFTIs, etc.
Filling out the JEE Main application form requires many mandatory details; the essential documents to be uploaded include the candidate’s picture, signature, etc.
This article will discuss the JEE Main Photo Size Format required for filling out the JEE Main Application Form 2024.
JEE Main Photo Size Format 2024
JEE Main Photo Size Format Guidelines 2024
One of the steps in filling out the JEE Mains Application Form is uploading your scanned picture. You must follow a few guidelines while uploading your picture in the application form. The guidelines are mentioned below:
- The JEE aspirants must take a passport-size photograph with a clear blue or white background. It is mandatory to mention the candidate’s name and the date of the picture. Make sure to upload a picture that is less than the 4-month-old.
- Avoid uploading blur images in the application form as the authorities will not accept unclear pictures.
- Red-eye pictures due to the usage of flash will not be accepted.
- The same applies to candidates who wear specs; there should be no reflection.
- The picture size must be between 1-40 KB; anything below or above the mentioned size requirement will be uploaded.
- The picture dimensions must be – 3.5 cm (Height) x 4.5 cm (Width).
- The format should be JPEG or JPG only.
|JEE Main Photo Size Specifications 2024|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||4kb to 40kb|
JEE Main Signature Guidelines
Along with your signature, you also need to upload your parent or guardian’s signature. Here are the guidelines you need to follow for uploading the signature:
- The picture dimension must be 3.5cm (Width)x1.5cm (Height)
- The JEE Main Exam aspirants must upload their and parents/guardians’ signatures on the application form.
- The candidates must ensure that their signatures are the same on the day of the examination, as it is one of the criteria for verification.
- The signature must be on a white background and done by a running hand.
- The signature must be done using a blue or black pen; any other pen color will not be accepted.
- Not following the guidelines mentioned above will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
|Dimensions||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|File Size||1kb to 30kb|
Have A Look At The Uploaded Preview:
Guidelines For Scanning Passport Size Photographs And Signature
JEE Main application form 2024 requires candidates to upload scanned versions of their photographs and signatures. Each applicant must follow specific formatting guidelines.
- If you are scanning on your scanner, the scanner resolution must be 200 Dpi.
- If the images are scanned using a scanner, they must be of the colored format.
- All the uploaded images must be as per the guidelines announced by NTA.
- The images uploaded must be either in JPEG or JPG form.
How to Upload Scanned Images in the JEE Main Application Form?
- In the JEE Main Application form, three links are available to upload pictures.
- Click on the browse button mentioned in the passport-sized photograph, candidate signature, and guardian signature.
- After clicking the browse button, a dialogue box will appear; choose the file you want to upload (Make sure that the scanned images are in an accessible location on the computer).
- Select the pictures one by one.
- Lastly, click on the “Upload” button to upload your pictures.
Documents Required to Fill The Application Form
Students require multiple documents to fill in the JEE application form. Here, we list the important documents you must submit while filling out the form.
- Matriculation/ Class 10th documents.
- Class 12th documents.
- Aadhar Card.
- Passport-size photograph and signature (scanned copies of both documents).
- Valid phone number and valid email ID (important details by the authorities are sent here).
- Debit card, credit card, or e-challan details.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
Things to remember:
- The photograph should not be blurred. It should be colored or black and white.
- Authorities do not accept Polaroid photographs.
- The signature must be done on a white paper.
- If you upload unclear photographs or signatures, the form may be rejected.
One of the major criteria while filling out the application form for the JEE Main examination is that you need to upload your passport-size photo and signature in the right format and size. If you do not do so, your application form will be rejected. This article has mentioned some of the important guidelines you must remember while uploading your documents.
We hope that this information helps you in the best way possible.
People are also reading:
- JEE Mains Study Plan
- JEE Mains Previous Years Papers
- JEE Mains Participating Institutes
- JEE Mains Cutoff for IITs
- JEE Mains Cutoff
- JEE Mains Preparation Tips
- Top 10 Tips to Crack JEE Main exam
- Important Topics for JEE Main
JEE Main Photo Size Format FAQs
1. Can I change my photo in JEE Main?
Yes, you can change your photo and signature.
2. What type of photo is required for JEE Main?
Here are a few guidelines you need to follow while uploading a photo:
- The passport-size photograph should have a clear blue or white background.
- You need to mention the candidate’s name and the picture date.
- Upload a picture that is less than the 4-month-old.
- Avoid uploading blur images in the application form.
- Red-eye pictures or candidates wearing specs will not be accepted.
- The picture size must be between 1-40 KB; anything below or above the mentioned size requirement will not get uploaded.
- The picture dimensions must be – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- You need to upload the picture in JPEG or JPG format only.
3. What is the paper pattern of JEE Main?
Here is the JEE Main Paper Pattern.
4. Is there a calculator in JEE Main?
No, a Calculator is not allowed in JEE Main Exam.
5. What is the cut-off of JEE Main 2024?
The tentative qualifying marks for GEN category candidates (common rank list) students is 91.75 for GEN (EWS category) is 81.21, for OBC-NCL is 76.31, for SC is 58, 44 for ST candidates.
6. Is it mandatory to upload the scanned photograph for JEE Main 2024 during the application process?
Yes. Only scanned photographs are accepted for the JEE Main 2024 application process.
7. Can I submit the application form without a photograph?
Answer: No. You can not submit the application form without a photograph. Students must upload a scanned and clear photograph.
8. If I only have a black-and-white photograph, can I upload it for JEE Main 2024? Will it be acceptable?
Yes. The commission accepts both colored and black-and-white photographs.
9. Is uploading only the most recent photograph for the JEE Main 2024 Application process mandatory?
Yes. The latest photograph is required for JEE Main 2024 application form.