The JEE Main official notification 2023 has been released by the official authorities. The JEE main exam session 1 exam will be scheduled to be conducted in January 2023. The dates are given below:
- January 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31.
JEE Main is a national-level entrance exam organized by NTA every year. After qualifying for this exam, candidates can get admission in B.Tech/ B.E/ B.Arch/ B.Plan courses in prestigious engineering institutions like IITs, NITs, CFTIs, etc.
The entire process of filling out the JEE Main application form requires many mandatory details; the essential documents to be uploaded include the candidate’s picture, signature, etc.
This article will discuss the JEE Main Photo Size Format required for filling out the JEE Main application form 2023.
JEE Main Photo Size Format 2023
JEE Main Photo Size Format Guidelines 2023
One of the steps in filling out the JEE Mains Application Form is uploading your scanned picture. You need to follow a few guidelines while uploading your picture in the application form. The guidelines are mentioned below:
- The JEE aspirants will have to take a passport-size photograph with a clear blue or white background. It is mandatory to mention the candidate’s name and the date of the picture. Make sure to upload a picture that is less than the 4-month-old.
- Avoid uploading blur images in the application form as the authorities will not accept unclear pictures.
- Red-eye pictures due to the usage of flash will not be accepted.
- The same applies to candidates who wear specs; there should be no reflection.
- The picture size must be between 1-40 KB; anything below or above the mentioned size requirement will be uploaded.
- The picture dimensions must be – 3.5 cm (Height) x 4.5 cm (Width).
- The format should be JPEG or JPG only.
|JEE Main Photo Size Specifications 2023|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||4kb to 40kb|
JEE Main Signature Guidelines
Along with your signature, you also need to upload your parent or guardian’s signature. Here are the guidelines you need to follow for uploading the signature:
- The picture dimension must be 3.5cm (Width)x1.5cm (Height)
- The JEE Main Exam aspirants need to upload their signatures and their parents/guardians’ signature on the application form
- The candidates must ensure that their signatures are the same on the day of the examination, as it is one of the criteria for verification
- The signature must be on a white background and must be done by a running hand
- The signature must be done using either a blue or black pen; any other pen color will not be accepted.
- Not following the guidelines mentioned above will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
|Dimensions||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|File Size||1kb to 30kb|
Have A Look At The Uploaded Preview:
Guidelines For Scanning Passport Size Photographs And Signature
JEE Main application form 2023 requires candidates to upload scanned versions of their photographs and signatures. Each applicant must follow a specific formatting guideline.
- In case you are scanning on your personal scanner, then the scanner resolution must be 200 Dpi.
- If the images are scanned using a scanner, they must be of the colored format.
- All the uploaded images must be as per the guidelines announced by NTA.
- The images uploaded must be either in JPEG or JPG form.
How to upload Scanned Images in the JEE Main Application Form?
- In the JEE Main Application form, there are three links available to upload pictures.
- Click on the browse button mentioned in the passport-sized photograph, candidate signature, and guardian signature.
- After clicking on the browse button, a dialogue box will appear; choose the file you want to upload (Make sure that the scanned images are present in an accessible location on the computer).
- Select the pictures one by one.
- Lastly, click on the “Upload” button to upload your pictures.
One of the major criteria while filling out the application form for the JEE Main examination is that you need to upload your passport-size photo and signature in the right format and size. If you do not do so, your application form will be rejected. In this article, we have mentioned some of the important guidelines you need to keep in mind while uploading your documents.
We hope that this information helps you in the best way possible.
People are also reading:
- JEE Mains Study Plan
- JEE Mains Previous Years Papers
- JEE Mains Participating Institutes
- JEE Mains Cutoff for IITs
- JEE Mains Cutoff
- JEE Mains Preparation Tips
- Top 10 Tips to Crack JEE Main exam
- Important Topics for JEE Main
JEE Main Photo Size Format FAQs
Question: Can I change my photo in JEE Main?
Answer: Yes, you can change your photo and signature.
Question: What type of photo is required for JEE Main?
Answer: Here are a few guidelines you need to follow while uploading a photo:
- The passport-size photograph should have a clear blue or white background.
- You need to mention the candidate’s name and the date of the picture.
- Upload a picture that is less than the 4-month-old.
- Avoid uploading blur images in the application form.
- Red-eye pictures or candidates wearing specs will not be accepted.
- The picture size must be between 1-40 KB; anything below or above the mentioned size requirement will not get uploaded.
- The picture dimensions must be – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- You need to upload the picture in JPEG or JPG format only.
Question: What is the paper pattern of JEE Main?
Answer: Here is the JEE Main Paper Pattern.
Question: Is there a calculator in JEE Main?
Answer: No, a Calculator is not allowed in JEE Main Exam.
Question: What is the cut-off of JEE Main 2022?
Answer: The tentative qualifying marks for GEN category candidates (common rank list) students is 91.75 for GEN (EWS category) is 81.21, for OBC-NCL is 76.31, for SC is 58, 44 for ST candidates.