Only candidates who meet the UTET Eligibility Criteria published by the conducting board, Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE), are eligible to apply for the UTET Exam. It is conducted to fill vacant positions for Government Teachers in Uttarakhand State.
The paper is split into two parts. Paper one is for those who want to teach grades one through five. Similarly, Paper 2 is held for those who want to teach classes from 6th to 8th grade. Candidates who are interested in both papers can apply for both.
This article will provide you with detailed information on the eligibility requirements for the UTET Examination 2023.
UTET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Highlights
Check the important highlights of UTET eligibility criteria 2023 in the following table:
|Name of Exam||UTET 2023|
|UTET Full Form||Uttarakhand Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Type of Exam||Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Organizing Body||Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education|
|Previous Experience||Not Required|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hour 30 Minutes|
|Date of Exam||To be released|
UTET Eligibility Criteria 2023
The criteria are different for both papers. Here we are describing the eligibility section-wise.
UTET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Paper 1
The minimum qualification criteria for applying for Paper 1 or Primary teacher is given below:
- Candidates who scored a minimum of 50% marks in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) are eligible and have two years of Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EL.Ed/BTC).
- Candidates who scored a minimum 50% mark in Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) and two years Diploma in Education (Special Education)
- Candidates who have completed their Graduation (or its equivalent) and two years Diploma in Elementary Education (D.EI.Ed)/ BTC.
- A candidate who is Siksha Mitra or who has passed a two-year diploma (D.EL.Ed) from IGNOU.
UTET Eligibility Criteria 2023: Paper 2 (Class VI-VIII)
The minimum qualification criteria for applying for Paper 2 or Higher Primary teacher is given below:
- Candidates who have completed their graduation (or its equivalent) and passed or are in the final year of a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education (B.T.C/D.EL.Ed).
- Candidates who have completed their Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appeared in the final year of 4 years B.A/ B.Sc.Ed or B.Sc.Ed.
- Candidates who have completed their Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and passed or appeared in 1 year B.Ed. (Special Education).
Before starting your preparation for the UTET examination 2023, it is vital to check the eligibility criteria first. Candidates are advised to go through the details in this article carefully.
We hope that this article helped you in the best way possible.
Good luck with all your future endeavors!
People are also reading: