If you are planning to appear for the AFCAT exam 2024, then you need to be eligible. It is recommended that the candidates check the AFCAT eligibility criteria 2024 before filling the AFCAT application form 2024.
The eligibility criteria include age, educational qualification, nationality, and medical standard. To apply for the exam, candidates need to fulfil these conditions. However, if they do not fulfill any of these conditions, their application will be rejected.
To help the candidates understand the AFCAT eligibility criteria better, here is the criteria in detail.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2024
Nationality & Marital Status
Here is the nationality and marital status for the AFCAT exam:
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- He/she must be below 25 years and unmarried
- Widows/Widowers and divorcees below 25 years cannot apply for AFCAT
- Married candidates who are above 25 years can apply for the exam. However, during their training periods, they cannot stay with their spouse.
Here is the branch-wise age limit for AFCAT exam 2024:
Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry:
- The candidates must be between 20 and 24 years as on January 1, 2024.
- They must have been born from January 2, 1999, to January 1, 2003.
- The upper age limit of candidates who have a valid and current commercial pilot license by DGCA is relaxed up to 26 years.
Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch:
Candidates applying for technical and non-technical ground duty must be between 20 and 26 years as on January 1, 2024.
Here is the branch-wise educational qualification for AFCAT exam:
- Candidates who have cleared Class 12 with 60% in Maths and Physics.
- The candidates must have also graduated in any discipline, BE, BTech, or cleared section A and B of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with 60% can apply for the exam.
Ground Duty (Technical) Branch
The educational qualification prescribed for Ground Duty (Technical) branch is given below:
|Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) (AE (L))
|Candidates must have passed 12th class with 60 per cent in Physics and maths and a minimum of 4 years degree graduation or integrated post-graduation degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognised university.
Cleared Sections A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with 60% in the following:
|Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)
|Candidates who have cleared class 12 with over 60% in Physics and Maths, and have a 4 year graduation degree/ integrated post graduation degree in engineering or technology, from any recognized institution can apply for the exam.
Passed the section A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institute of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with minimum 60% in the following subjects can apply for this exam:
Non-Technical Ground Duty Branches
Administration & Logistics: Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline or cleared A and B section of the Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with 60% or above.
Accounts: The candidate must be a commerce graduate with 60% or more marks.
Key Points to note:
- Candidates who have an LLB degree and an integrated degree can be employed on the legal duties of the IAF.
- Candidates who are in the final year or semester can also apply for the AFCAT exam. However, they should not have any backlog and must have scored 60%. The candidates must submit proof of passing graduation by 30 November, 2024.
- Candidates who have failed the Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) or the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) before or is a Flight Cadet who has been suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy cannot apply in Flying Branch.
- Candidates who were working at the NDA, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, and Officer’s Training Academy Gaya but have been removed due to indiscipline cannot apply.
- Candidates debarred by the Ministry of Defence from holding any commission in the Defence Services cannot apply for AFCAT.
- Candidates who have been charged for criminal activities cannot apply for the AFCAT exam.
To apply for the AFCAT exam, the candidates must also fulfill the basic medical fitness requirements. These medical requirements are same for alll branches except for aircrew. The few additional parameters for aircrew members are visual acuity, anthropometry, and certain other physical standards are more stringent.
To appear for the AFCAT examination 2024, the candidates must be eligible. The AFCAT eligibility criteria were released on the official website with the official notification 2024.
Here in this post, we explained the eligibility criteria in detail for you!
All the best for your exams!
People are also reading: