Every year Indian Airforce (IAF) will conduct AFCAT Examination to fulfill the vacant position in gazetted officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). The application process has been started from 1st December 2018. The authority wants to select those candidates who are credible or intelligent. Those who want to get selection in AFCAT Examination, they need to aware of the AFCAT Exam Pattern, Syllabus and other facts. Through this article, Candidates will get complete information about AFCAT Exam Pattern.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2018-19
AFCAT Exam Pattern contains the information about Marking Scheme, Time Duration, Number of Question, Mode of the Examination, and Section in the Examination.
- The language of the Examination: English
- The time duration for the Examination: 2 Hours (120 Minutes)
- Total Number of questions in the Examination: 100
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer 1 marks will be deducted.
- For the Un-attempted question, no marks will be deducted.
AFCAT Exam Contains two parts i.e.
- Online Examination
AFCAT Exam Pattern for Online Examination
AFCAT Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||OnlineMode i.e. Computer-based|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Time Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|The section in the AFCAT Examination||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test|
|Negative Marking||1 mark|
EKT Exam Pattern
|Exam||EKT (only for technical)|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based|
|Total Number of Questions||50|
|Time Duration||45 minutes|
|The section in the AFCAT Examination||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||1 Marks|
AFCAT Exam Pattern for SSB
Those who will qualify for the AFCAT Examination they will be called for the SSB Process which follow 5 consecutive days i.e.
STAGE – I
The very first stage of the SSB which is held on the 1st day. It is popularly known as a Screening test. The process is followed on this day i.e.:
- Officer’s Intelligence Rating Test
- Picture Perception Description Test
STAGE – II
This stage will take 3 to 4 days in which the following process will be followed i.e.
- Psychological Tests (Written Test)
- Group Tasks (Interactive indoor and outdoor activities)
- Personal Interview
- Candidates who applied for the Flying Brach they need to go through with Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) test
STAGE – III
In this stage candidates who cleared above stage will be called for the medical test.
STAGE – IV
On the 5th day, final selection or final merit list will be prepared according to the performance in the Written Test & Interview.
AFCAT syllabus is covered from the below-given section:
- General Awareness
- Art and Culture
- International Current Affairs
- Basic Science
- Verbal Ability
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Testing of Vocabulary
- Basic Grammar
- Quantitative Ability
- Decimal Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Data interpretation
- Embedded Figure
- Missing Character
- Sets based on arrangements
- Rotated blocks
- Hidden figures
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|