The Civil Services examination organized by the UPSC is one of the toughest All India examinations in the country. The exam is conducted in three stages: Prelims, Main and Interview. If you have decided to study from home, ensure proper guidance for the IAS Exam. Get complete IAS Preparation Tips from here.
IAS Preparation Tips
1. Effective Study Plan
- Before you start studying, create a timetable and follow it properly.
- Analyze the subject-wise topics and collect the syllabus.
- Collect information about the complete UPSC Exam Syllabus and divide them equally as per your time so that every minor topic should get covered in your study plans.
- Collect the previous question papers and mock papers.
- Know the IAS syllabus.
- Prepare the short notes for UPSC Exam.
2. Proper Time Management
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects and prepare for them as per your prepared timetable.
- Include short breaks of 15 minutes between long hours of study.
- Maintaining a proper schedule for every task can lead you to success.
- Divide the time for all subjects.
3. Using The Right Study Material
- Start reading the newspaper on a daily basis to improve your general knowledge.
- Collect the best NCERT books for UPSC because the NCERT class 6-12 textbooks make UPSC Civil service IAS examination preparation.
- Focus on the topics like the economy, politics, international affairs, etc., within the magazine.
- Concentrate on topics like Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial/ Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who is who?, Sports, Book, and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations & Important Days, etc.
- You can practice questions on apps while traveling, read the magazines before bed, and revise it in the early morning.
- The candidate must follow a national newspaper to keep them updated about the happenings of the world because general awareness plays a very important part in the exam.
- Group discussion with friends who are preparing for the same examination because it gives the new ideas for IAS Exam.
4. Maintain Proper Health
- During preparation, never ignore your health, so maintain your health
- Take fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid junk food and a heavy diet.
- At the time of preparation, do yoga and meditation. It will help you calm your mind, increasing inner peace, confidence, and power of concentration.
- Never over-stress yourself and try to sleep for at least six to eight hours.
5. Solve Previous Year Question Paper
- Previous Years Question papers are the most important source of information for both prelims and main examination.
- Solving the previous question papers and sample mock papers will give you an idea of the IAS question paper.
- Probably 75% of questions are asked directly from the NCERT books and previous year’s question papers.
- Solving the previous year’s question paper will help you understand the pattern and enhance your revision.
6. Revise Well
- Mostly the revision is done in the last one-two month of the examination, but the UPSC exam demands daily revision.
- Daily morning revise all the topics you have prepared the notes during your preparation.
- Spend 15 minutes for revision daily.
- The regular revision will retain your memory power.
If you want to clear the UPSC IAS exam, you need to prepare well for the exam. If you have decided to study from home, ensure proper guidance for the IAS Exam. You need to take all the measures you can to clear the exam.
Here in this post, we have explained six important IAS preparation tips to help you clear the exam with good grades.
All the best for your exams!
People are also reading: