KFC in its full form is known as “Kentucky Fried Chicken“.
What is KFC?
KFC is the world’s most popular fast-food chain operator, developer, and franchiser which specializes in fried chicken. Its headquarters is in Louisville, Kentucky in the United States. The company is a subsidiary of ‘Yum! Brands’. Presently, it has 18875 outlets in 118 countries and territories across the world. Roger Eaton is the present CEO of KFC.
This article is about the KFC Full Form and its history, service, developments, and competitors.
- Harland Sanders is known as the founder of KFC. In 1930, he began selling chicken from his roadside restaurant in Corbin, Kentucky, during the Great Depression.
- He established his first franchise of Kentucky Fried Chicken at Utah, in the US, in 1952.
- He sold the food chain to a group of investors for $2million.
- In the 1970s, KFC was sold to the spirits distributor Heublein, who sold the chain to PepsiCo.
- PepsiCo spun off its restaurants’ division as Tricon Global Restaurants, which later changed its name to Yum! Brands.
- The company claims of making 100% real chicken.
- Grade A chicken is sourced from the highest quality and reputed suppliers.
- Each piece of chicken is inspected by the cook.
- Chicken before being served with the perfect taste is breaded manually, rocked seven times, and then roasted at a minimum of 170 degrees Celsius.
- All items are put off the shelf as soon as their consumption time is over.
- Besides its signature dish- fried chicken, KFC has expanded its menu by including various vegetarian items like wraps, French fries, soft drinks, salads, desserts, milkshakes at nominal rates.
- Besides visiting the store, KFC lovers can get their favorite items sitting at home via the KFC website or KFC application by ordering food online.
- There are over 350 KFC restaurants in India across more than 100 cities.
Top KFC competitors
- Burger King
- Dunkin Donuts
- Pizza Hut
- Domino’s Pizza