IES Application Form 2020 – Dates, Fee, and Registration
UPSC IES official notification was released on 25 September 2020, and the Online IES Application Form was available from 25 September to 15 October 2020. The application process was available in online mode only, and there was no other mode to apply for the IES 2020. The candidates could fill the form through the official website of the conducting body, i.e., the UPSC. In this article, you will get complete information regarding the IES Application Form 2020.
UPSC IES Application Form 2020
Application Form Highlights
|Name of the exam||Indian Engineering Services/Engineering Services Exam|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)|
|Application Submission Mode||Online|
|Expected Registrations||2 lac|
|Total Available Vacancies||588|
Application Form Important Dates
|Online Application Process Starts||25 September 2019
|Last Date to Fill Application Form||15 October 2019 till 6 P.M
|Pay the Application Fee|| 15 October 2019
|Prelims Exam Date||5 January 2020|
The UPSC IES Application Form was available in the online mode. The candidates could fill the online Application Form on the official website of the UPSC. The Application Form was available from 25 September 2019 to 15 October 2019 till 6 P.M and after 6 P.M the application link will be disabled. The IES Prelims Examination was held on 5 January 2020 in the Pen and Paper Mode (Offline Mode).
How to fill the Application Form?
The candidates can check the steps given below to fill the application form:
- Visit the official website of the UPSC.
- UPSC Application form is available in 2 Stage (Stage-I and Stage-II).
- In Stage-I candidates can fill the Personal details.
- In Stage-II Candidates can fill Educational, Exam Centers and Other details.
Step 1: Registration.
The first step in the application process is registration. The candidates can register themselves by entering basic personal details. We advise all the candidates to fill all the entries very carefully. In Stage 1, the candidates will have to fill the following details:
- Name: Candidates must enter their name according to the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate.
- Gender: Select the gender from the drop-down list.
- Date of Birth (DOB): Candidates must fill date of birth according to the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate.
- Father’s Name & Mother’s Name: Fill candidates Name according to the 10th or 12th Certificate, and note that do not use any prefix such as Shri or Dr. etc.
- Nationality: Select nationality in the drop-down list.
- Community: Candidates Select his or her community, either General/OBC/ST/SC.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates select his or her education qualification either already passed the examination or appearing in the examination.
- Address: Candidates fill his/her Address.
- Mobile Number: Enter a valid mobile number, the authority will send the Registration No. and password, that help to fill the Stage 2.
- Email ID: Enter a Valid Mobile Number.
After entering all the details, click on “Continue” to proceed to the next step. Remember that you can not make any modifications after proceeding.
Step 2: Pay Application Fee
- After filling the application form, the candidates can proceed to pay the application fee.
- The application fee can be paid in either online or offline mode.
- In Online Mode: The candidates can pay the application fee through SBI Credit/Debit or by internet banking.
- In Offline Mode: Candidates can generate challan of Rs 200/- and pay Fee at the nearest branch of SBI.
- Pay Application Fee.
- Select Examination Center.
- Upload Scanned Image and Signature.
Step 3: Select the Examination Center
- Candidates can select the IES Exam Centres for the Prelims ad Main examination.
- The exam centre will be allotted as per their preference.
Step 4: Upload Documents
- Upload the scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- The documents must be in the below-prescribed format:
Image Greater(>) Then Size less(<) then Pixel size Photograph 3 KB 40 KB 140 height x 110 width Signature 1 KB 40 KB 110 height x 140 width
- Once you are done with this, submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.