The authority has been released BPSC Exam Notice on 02nd August 2018 along with the official Notification for 64th Combined Bihar Public Service Commision. According to the official notification BPSC examination conducted into three phases, Preliminary, Mains and Interview Process. Candidates who get selection in BPSC Preliminary Examination, will be selected for mains who cleared mains examination then will be called for the Interview process, finally, those candidates will get selection who secured position into the merit list. Through the exam pattern candidates will get complete information about examination i.e. number of question asked in the examination, paper medium, type of question, mode of the examination and other important details. In this article, you will get complete BPSC Exam Pattern.
64th BPSC Exam Pattern 2018-19
The Bihar Public Service Commision Examination comprises two phases i.e.:
BPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Offline/Pen and Paper Based Examination
- Type of Question: Objective Type or Multiple Choice Questions
- Time Duration: A Total 2 Hours will be given to solve the question papers
- Total Marks: The Question Paper Comprised of 150 Marks.
- There is no Negative Marking.
- A total 150 question asked in the question papers.
- Each Correct answer 1 marks will be awarded to you.
Syllabus for BPSC Preliminary Examination:
- General Science
- Current Affairs on International and National Events
- Bihar’s Economic Development after Independence
- Geography (General Studies of Geography)
- History of India with emphasis on Bihar’s History
- Indian Polity and Economics
- Geography of Bihar – Main Geographical Divisions and Chief Rivers
- Indian Independence Movement and Bihar’s Contribution
- Mental Ability Test
Qualifying Marks for the Preliminary Examination:
|Category||Qualifying cut off|
|Extremely Backward Class||34%|
BPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern
Mains Exam is comprised of four papers i.e.:
- Hindi (Code: 01) | Paper 1
- General Studies (Code: 02) | Paper 2
- General Studies (Code: 03) | Paper 3
- Optional Subject (Code 04 – 34) | Paper 4
Here we have listed exam pattern and syllabus for each paper.
- The Examination will be conducted via offline mode as well.
- A Total 100 Questions will be asked in the BPSC Mains Examination.
- A Total 3 hours will be given to solve BPSC Question Papers.
|Sentence Syntax||25 marks|
General Studies Syllabus
- Modern Indian History
(Focus on important aspects of Indian History and History of Bihar such as 1857 Birsa Andolan, Champaran Satyagraha, 1942 Quit India Movement)
- Indian Culture
(Focus on features of Mauryan/Pal Dynasty Art and Craft, Patna Kalam artistry etc.)
- Brief Timeline of Events/Current Affairs of National and International Importance
- Statistical and Data Interpretation
General Studies Syllabus for Paper 3
- Indian Polity (focus on Bihar Political Structure)
- Indian Geography (Physical, Economic and Demographic aspects of Geography)
- Indian Economy
- Scientific Developments and Innovations in India
Optional Subject Syllabus Asked from the Below listed Subjects
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Labour and Social Welfare
- Mechanical Engineering
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- English Language & Literature
- Hindi Language and Literature
- Urdu Language & Literature
- Bengali Language & Literature
- Sanskrit Language & Literature
- Persian Language & Literature
- Arabic Language & Literature
- Pali Language & Literature
- Maithili Language and Literature
Best Books for BPSC 64th Exam Preparation
|History||NCERT + Spectrum Rajiv Ahir + Relevant Chapters from Lucent GK|
|Geography||NCERT + Atlas is a must for Map-Based Questions Practice|
|Polity/Economics||NCERT for both Economics and Political Science|
|GK||Lucent General knowledge|
|Current Affairs||GK Today Website|