There are certain steps that a candidate must qualify to clear the GATE exam. In this article, you will get complete information about the GATE selection process.
GATE 2022 will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee & Indian Institute of Science at Bengaluru on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. There are certain steps that a candidate must qualify to clear the GATE exam. In this article, you will get complete information about the GATE selection process.
GATE Selection Process
- On this basis of your result or scorecard, the authority allots you the admission in M.Tech programs offered by the top IITs.
- Once the exam is concluded, the score is converted to normalized GATE results.
- Institutes are allotted for admission through normalized GATE marks only or normalized GATE marks and Interview/Written tests.
- The score is calculated based on the below-given formula:
Normalized Mark of the jth candidate in ith session M^ ij is given by:
Mij is the actual marks obtained by the jth you in ith session.
Mgt is the average mark of the top 0.1% of the candidate considering all sessions.
Mgq is the sum of mean and standard deviation marks of the candidates in the paper considering all sessions.
Mti is the average mark of the top 0.1% of the candidate in the ith session.
Miq is the sum of the mean marks and standard deviation of the ith session.
GATE score is calculated using the formula:-
M= marks obtained by the candidate (actual marks for single session papers and normalized marks for multi-session papers)
Mq= is the qualifying marks for general category candidates in the paper
Mti = is the mean of marks of top 0.1% or top 10 (whichever is larger) of the candidates who appeared in the paper (in case of multi-session papers including all sessions)
Sq= 350 is the score assigned to Mq
St= 900 is the score assigned to Mt
IITs Admission Procedure
IITs conduct GATE Counselling through GOAPS. Candidates have to register to GOAPS and respective IIT for admission in the M.Tech program. The GOAPS offers admission based on the GATE results. The registration for admission in IITs commences after the result declaration or before that.
NITs, IIITs & GFTIs Admission Procedure
NITs, IIITs & GFTIs conduct the GATE Counselling through Centralised Counselling for M.Tech (CCMT) for admission. The application forms for the admission of NITs, IIITs and GFTIs will be available for the candidates shortly. Candidates have to fill in the choices of their colleges and courses in the application form.
IISc Bangalore Admission Procedure
The admission in IISc Bangalore is conducted before the declaration of the GATE Result. The institute releases the application form for the candidates. The candidates have to fill their choices of courses according to their preferences.
State Universities Admission Procedure
The GATE Counselling for the State Universities is conducted on different dates from March to July month. Some states release their application form before the result declaration, and some release it after that.
- For admission into the IITs, the conducting authority conducted its counselling procedure.
- Based on your scorecard, you will be eligible for the counselling process.
- After the registration process, you are called for the interviews or GD tests.
- The seats will be allotted to you based on your performance in every factor.
- Marks Secured in the GATE
- Seat availability
- Total students appeared
Documents Required for GATE Counseling Process
- GATE Score Card
- Engineering Academic Record (Mark sheets)
- Receipt of the Registration/Application Fee
- PwD category certificate
- SC/ST certificate
- ID proof
- Original mark sheet of 10th and 12th.
The GATE selection process commences after the declaration of results. The respective authorities release a cut-off list. The admissions are based on this score. Every institution has its cut-off score for admissions. Students must check the details accordingly. After that, the counselling process begins, where students are finally selected for admissions.
Keep visiting the official website for updated information!
People are also reading: