MPT or Master of Physiotherapy is a 2-year full-time professional degree that focuses on joint related issues. If you are planning to pursue this course, then you are at the right place. Here in this post, we have explained everything about MPT course in detail.
So let us get started!
MPT full form is Master of Physiotherapy. It is a 2 year professional postgraduate degree focusing on healthcare aspects like improving muscle strength, operations, bone strength, etc.
This MPT course allows you to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge and experience. The curriculum helps you gain a strong hold on physiotherapy aspects in various fields. After completing this course, there are ample jobs available to the graduates in different sections.
MPT Course Highlight
- It emphasizes on the modern and natural techniques used for physiotherapy.
- Those who have cleared BPT course with a minimum of 50% from a recognized board or university cna apply for this course. However, the qualifying percentage varies from institute to institute.
- To pursue this course, you need to appear for various entrance exams like IPU CET, NEET PG, and more.
- The subjects included in this course are Anatomy and Physiology of Nervous and Cardiovascular systems, Motor Development, Biomechanics of tissues, etc.
- The cost of this course varies from Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 50,000.
- After completing this course, MPT graduates can earn up to 3.6LPA. However, the salary package depends on the candidate’s skills, experience, and area of operation.
MPT Admission Process
To get admission in this course, you need to wait for the cutoff list released by the colleges/universities or appear for the entrance exams. Usually the admissions are done based on the entrance exams, however, some colleges provide admission on merit-basis.
If you are applying for an institute that offers admission on merit-basis, then you need to visit the institute’s website and fill up the application form or you can also visit the college and fill up the form offline.
Follow the following steps:
- Visit the website and register.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill up the application form.
- Upload the required documents, check the application form before submitting it and make the final payment or application fee.
Note: As mentioned, since a few college provide admissions based on the entrance exam, you need to appear for the exam and the wait for the results. The colleges that do not conduct entrance exam, will provide admissions to those who submit proper documents and eligibility will be selected based on their merit.
MPT Eligibility Criteria
Those who are interested in pursuing this course, must fulfill the basic eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% score in Bachelor’s degree from a recognised board or university in the same field i.e Bachelor of Physiotherapy.
- Must have completed a 6 month mandatory internship from a trusted organization.
- If you are applying for a particular university or college admission then, you might have to appear for a college/university based entrance exam. Students having NEET PG scores are exempted from appearing for college level entrance tests.
MPT Entrance Exam
As mentioned, some colleges conduct entrance exams while some do not. Here are the list of few entrance exams conducted to get admission to MPT Course.
|Entrance Exams||Application Period||Exam Date|
|NEET PG||To be Notified||To be Notified|
|IPU CET||To be Notified||To be Notified|
|MET||To be Notified||To be Notified|
|VEE||To be Notified||To be Notified|
The course includes 4 semester divided in 2 years of course study. The subjects included in Master of Physiotherapy course are:
- Maternal and Child care physiotherapy
- Sampling distributions
- Level of Healthcare and Fitness
- Research Methodology
- Normal Motor Development and alike
MPT Top Colleges
|Name of the College||Location||Average Annual Fees|
|Manipal University||Karnataka||INR 7.04 Lakhs|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 2.32 Lakhs|
|Annamalai University||Tamil Nadu||INR 1.24 Lakhs|
|Jagannath University||Jaipur||INR 1.5 Lakhs|
|Galgotias University||Greater Noida||INR 1.5 Lakhs|
|BCF College of Physiotherapy||Kerala||INR 2.31 Lakhs|
|Jodhpur National University||Rajasthan||INR 1.35 Lakhs|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh||INR 2.1 Lakhs|
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University||New Delhi||INR 1.9 Lakhs|
|Mahatma Gandhi University||Meghalaya||INR 1.6 Lakhs|
Some of the top MPT specializations are:
- MPT in Cardio-Pulmonary Sciences: It deals with the cardiological problems. This course focuses on improving the healthy functioning of the heart.
|Average Course Fees||INR 40,000|
|Average Salary||Up to INR 4 Lakhs per annum|
- MPT in Neurosciences: It deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases using medical equipment. These professionals treat patients suffering from neurological impairments like Stroke, injuries in spinal cord, etc.
|Average Course Fees||INR 30,000|
|Average Salary||Up to INR 5 Lakhs per annum|
- MPT in Orthopedics: It deals with the study of treatment techniques of the musculoskeletal system including body muscles and bones. The study includes sprains, strains, fractures and post surgery and alike.
|Average Course Fees||INR 40,000|
|Average Salary||Up to INR 6 Lakhs per annum|
- MPT in Community Physiotherapy: This program mainly focuses on the physiotherapy skills, communication skills, clinical management and primary care. It enables graduates to update their knowledge and skills through practice.
|Average Course Fees||INR 35,000|
|Average Salary||Up to INR 4 Lakhs per annum|
Other MPT Specializations
|MPT Sports Science||MPT Paediatrics|
|MPT Geriatrics Physiotherapy||MPT Musculoskeletal Science|
|MPT Health Promotion and Disability Rehabilitation||–|
MPT Career Opportunities
An average Master of Physiotherapy graduate salary is around INR 3.5-4.5 Lakhs per annum. Few of those MPT jobs and positions are discussed below:
|Career Prospects||Description||Average Salary Offered|
|Physiotherapist||They heal patients with physical difficulties resulting from illness, injury, disability or ageing. These professionals inprovie their movement, devise and review treatment programs using manual therapy (such as massage), therapeutic exercise and electrotherapy.||INR 3.6 Lakhs per annum|
|Lecturer||To be proficient in public policy, organization, administration, and legislation, and impart related education in the discipline.They can teach in colleges and schools.||INR 5 Lakhs per annum|
|Acupuncturist||They main aim is to consult with patients about their problems and symptoms. Then they use the acupuncture needles and other tools to treat them.||INR 3 Lakhs per annum|
|Osteopath||They treat patients by stimulating different areas of the body using a wide range of physical techniques such as touching, stretching and massaging. These techniques increase the blood flow to different parts of the body||INR 9.83 Lakhs per annum|
- Apollo Hospitals
- Carnea Health Management Systems
- Columbia Asia
- Defence Ministry of India
- DRS Physio & Wellness
- First Physio Clinic
- Fortis Hospital
- Help Age India
- Hosmat Hospital
- Pain-Free Physiotherapy Clinic
- Sarthak Health Care
- Spectrum Physio Centre
MPT course is one of the best courses, and the graduates are enrolled in both medical clinics just as organizations. MPT course graduates gain higher than the four-year college education (UG) holders in a similar field. The normal MPT pay is INR 3.47 Lakh per annum.
List of MPT Colleges
- Amity University
- Annamalai University
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab
- BCF College of Physiotherapy
- Chandigarh University
- Galgotias University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences And Research, New Delhi (HIMSR), Delhi
- Jagannath University
- Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University – JRNRVU, Udaipur
- Jodhpur National University
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Mahatma Gandhi University
- Manipal University – Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- MUHS – Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
MPT or Master of Physiotherapy is a 2-year full-time professional degree that focuses on joint-related issues. It emphasizes the modern and natural techniques used for physiotherapy. Usually the admissions are done based on the entrance exams, however, some colleges provide admission on merit-basis.
Here is everything you need to know about the MPT course in detail.
People are also reading: