The hospital and healthcare industry is developing rapidly in India, and healthcare is becoming one of India’s largest sectors due to the growth in both revenue and employment factors. This growth creates a high requirement of healthcare managers for working in different sections such as hospitals, clinics, community health organizations, and nursing homes.
Usually, Healthcare administrators are required to suitable operating patient care services. Apart from it, these administrators are also involved in strategic planning and coordinating healthcare facilities functions. However, it is essential to have an in-depth knowledge of healthcare policies and administration for fulfilling this role.
This course is a combination of health science and management, so this course offers information to the learners effectively and controls the different healthcare demands. This course delivers the technical information and develops complete practical skills for various healthcare sectors’ various resources management.
Students can learn all scientific programs for managing various aspects such as finance, materials, people, communication, etc., necessary for the hospitals and healthcare providers. This course offers information to a student for tackling challenges. Students can also learn principles in hospital management that involve operational research, finance management, information system management, inventory canal, etc.
The duration of this PGD in Hospital and Healthcare management (PGDHHM) is one year, and it offers all managerial skills important to plan and administer healthcare services. Learners can also understand how to manage the clinical and support services in a hospital operationally. This course also offers practical tips to implement quality in the healthcare sector. Individuals will be hired at the management positions in leading hospitals as well as healthcare chains.
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Course type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate stream or|
|Admission||Entrance test and personal Interview or merit-based|
|Average Fee||INR 11,000 to 20,000|
|Average Salary||INR 5 LPA|
Objectives of this course
- To provide theoretical and practical knowledge for utilizing a scientific approach to the management of healthcare or maintenance work as well as resources
- Students can learn advanced management techniques such as operational research, organizational development, economic order quantity( EOQ), inventory canal control, management information system.
- To provide appropriate knowledge to face hospital management difficulties, acquire methods of decision making and issue solving.
- Students can understand the clinical and non-clinical patient care requirements and technical demands of physicians or paramedical workers.
Top Institutes for this course
|Institute name||City||Average fees (INR)|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||New Delhi||10,000|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai||20,500|
|Osmania Medical College||Hyderabad||66,666|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College||Ajmer||7,225|
|Government Medical College||Amritsar||15,000|
|Gandhi Medical College||Bhopal||40,833|
|Sri Ramachandra University||Chennai||1,00,000|
|Seth GS Medical College||Mumbai||29,600|
|Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Government Medical College||Pune||72,650|
|Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute||Bangalore||34,720|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)||New Delhi||1,944|
|Alagappa Institute of Technology||Tamil Nadu||24,000|
|Armed Forces Medical College||Pune||64,400|
|Government Medical College||Surat||14,000|
|B. J. Medical College||Ahmedabad||3,000|
|Thrissur Govt. Medical College||Thrissur||50,000|
|University College of Medical Sciences||Delhi||10,000|
|Government Medical College||Nagpur||64,400|
|Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College||Mumbai||86,825|
Syllabus and subject structure of Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management
- Introduction to Management
- Organization and Management of Hospitals
- Risk Management
- Clinical, Diagnostic, and Therapeutic Services
- Support and Utility Services
- Health System Management
- Project Work
- Management Functions And Behaviour
- Hospital Functions And Services
- Hospital Planning
- Hospital Organization
- Quantitative Techniques In Management
- Health Insurances And Health Economics
- Legal And Ethical Aspects Of Healthcare
- Healthcare Quality And Accreditation
- Research Methodology
- Project Work
Eligibility criteria and admission process of Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management course
As per the eligibility criteria for Indian students, they need to complete their graduation degree in the medical field from the authorized (by UGC/AICTE/MCI) universities. Most importantly, the degree must be completed with a minimum of 50% marks.
In the nursing / Pharmacy / Homeopathy stream, candidates require three years of experience in the hospital.
In the case of Management (Personnel / Financial / Material Management), candidates require five years of experience in the hospital.
Foreign candidates need to complete their graduation with 40% marks as aggregate.
Admission Process of PGDHM
The admission process of this PGDHHM course is done at the institute level, so every institute has its separate admission process. However, there is a standard process that all institutes for the admission process follow:
- Eligible candidates need to fill the application form, and this form is available on the institutes’ official website.
- Candidates need to attach all of the required documents and necessary details.
- Institutes can consider the applications as per the academic performance and merit list of the candidates. Apart from it, some institutes also consider work experience for admission.
Career Opportunities after this course
This PGDHHM course is very specialized, mainly created for preparing professionals for hospital and healthcare management. After completing this course, professionals can work in senior-level management and administrative jobs in medical and healthcare enterprises. Apart from it, professionals with a PGDHHM are considered for administrative and consulting roles in the pharmacy sectors.
Top recruiting Areas
- Academic Institutions
- Public Health Departments
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Laboratories
- Mental Health Organizations
- Health Insurance Companies
Top Recruiting Companies
- Amity University
- National Health Mission
- Sikkim Manipal University
- ICICI Prudential
Job roles for PGDHHM graduates
- Assistant Professor
- Health Service Manager
- Hospital Administrator
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Healthcare Consultant
This article has provided complete information regarding the Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management course available in India. So as we know, this course is a combination of health science and management, so this course offers information to the learners regarding the management effectively and controls the different demands of healthcare. This course delivers the technical information and develops complete practical skills for various healthcare sectors’ various resources management.