PGDM in Business Analytics is a two-year course. Business Analytics offers reliability to organizations for utilizing the data from various sources to make effective and intelligent managerial decisions. The course is designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for decision-making.
It is beneficial for students to understand the proper process for an analytics approach in a particular situation and manage big data for better business outcomes. Business Analytics is a set of skills, technologies, applications, and processes that various organizations use to obtain data-driven insights.
These particular insights can be applied in decision-making in different functions, including operations, finance, and marketing. This course aims to provide practical learning, so most of the concepts are connected with hands-on training.
It is a two-year course, and as per the eligibility, students are required to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The admission process is based on various entrance exams such as CAT, NMAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
Highlights of PGDM Business Analytics
|Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
|CAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, etc.
|Entrance exam Based
|INR 3-12 LPA
|INR 5-10 LPA
Objectives of Course
- It offers the combined knowledge of methods, technologies, applications, and skills that various organizations utilize to obtain data-driven insights.
- It offers benefits to the individuals familiar with the planning, monitoring, implementation, and measuring of Big Data strategy.
- It provides practical and theoretical knowledge so that students can gain complete knowledge of this field.
- It aims to develop business analytics experts employable for leading Indian as well as foreign firms.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process for PGDM in Business Analytics
Candidates are required to complete their graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university. Final-year students can also apply for the course, but they need to maintain minimum aggregate criteria for the course.
The admission process for this program is based on various factors such as entrance test, direct admission, or personal interview. However, let’s discuss the standard process by which candidates can pursue this course. Here is a list of the entrance exams which are conducted by authorities for the admissions:
- CAT: The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) generally in the 3rd week of November every year. It is a computer-based test.
- NMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Council conducts this national level test (NMAT).
- MAT: All India Management Association conducts Management Aptitude Test (MAT).
- GMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Council conducts GMAT, and it is a computer-based test that includes quantitative, verbal, and analytical conceptual questions.
- XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur organizes Xavier’s Aptitude Test (XAT), a national-level test.
Form filling (online/offline): You can fill out the entrance exam form either online or offline.
Online: You can fill out the form through the official website of exam authorities and pay the appropriate fees for it.
Offline: You can download the form and submit it to the institute with the required fees.
For GD and PI criteria: After selecting candidates, they need to appear for GD (group discussion) and PI (personal interview) rounds.
Top Institutes for PGDM in Business Analytics
|IFIM Business School
|Jagannath International Management School
|Gautam School of International Business
|Lovely Professional University
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
|ITM Business School
|Indus Business Academy
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
|Welingkar Institute of Management
Syllabus and Semester criteria for Course
The syllabus can vary as per the institute, but there are standard subjects required to learn, so here is a list of essential subjects and syllabus structure for this course.
|Certificate in Management
|Advanced Certificate in Management
|Professional Certificate in Business Analytics
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Career Prospects of PGDM Business Analytics Course
As discussed, business analytics has huge scope because every organization requires business analysts for the appropriate functioning of the organization for better outputs. So here is a list of the top recruiting areas:
- Telecom Companies
- Marketing Agencies
- Market Research Companies
- Law Firms
- Entertainment Portal
- Hotels and Resorts
Job Roles of a PGD in Business Analytics Management
- Data Scientist
- Health Care Analyst
- Predictive Modeller
- Quantitative Analyst
- Project Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Computer System Analysts
- Technical Team Leader
This article has provided complete information regarding the PGDM in Business Analytics/Post Graduation Diploma in Business Analytics Management course in India. We hope you now understood that this Business Analytics course offers reliability to organizations for utilizing the data from various sources to make effective and intelligent managerial decisions. The course is designed to provide the skills and knowledge necessary for decision-making.
People are also reading: