PGDM in Pharmaceutical Management deals with chemical as well as health sciences for ensuring the efficient utilization of pharmaceutical drugs. As we know, Pharmaceutical Management combines the business strategy with technology and science for the future growth of the industry. Check more about Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management below.
Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management course provides complete information to students on Leadership, Enterprise Management, Technology Management, Advanced Business Concepts, and Pharmaceutical Management. Students can learn about the advanced understanding of business management with the fundamentals of pharmaceuticals.
PGDM in Pharmaceutical Management
This course mainly intends to prepare the students for managerial positions in any pharmaceutical industry. Students can also understand the basics of contemporary management which are required in the pharmaceutical industry. Institutes prepare the students for the various job roles in various departments of the pharmaceutical industry such as Pharma Sales Department, Product Management Department, Quality assurance, Quality Control Department, Medical Services, and Regulatory Affairs Department.
The duration of this course is one year but various distance learning institutes offer a two years course. The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue this course are graduation in the pharmaceutical stream.
Highlights of PGDM in Pharmaceutical Management
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation in Pharmaceutical stream|
|Admission Process||Direct or through Entrance Exam (as per the institute requirements)|
|Average Fee||INR 15K to 20 Lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 2 Lacs to 14 Lacs|
Top Institutes offering Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
|National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research||Mohali|
|University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences||Chandigarh|
|Andhra University, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences||Visakhapatnam|
|Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya||Indore|
|Bombay College of Pharmacy||Mumbai|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||The Nilgiris|
|Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences||Manipal|
|Goa College of Pharmacy||Panji|
|Maharshi Dayanand University||Rohtak|
|Jamia Hamdard University||EW Delhi|
|JSS College of Pharmacy||Mysore|
|Poona College of Pharmacy||Pune|
|Institute of Chemical Technology||Mumbai|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Varanasi|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai|
|Sinhgad Institute of Pharmacy||Pune|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda||Baroda|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Ranchi|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||Nagpur|
|KLE College of Pharmacy||Hubli|
Read More about:
Syllabus and Subject Structure of Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management
2 Semester-based Course
- Principles of Management
- Marketing & Sales
- Information Technology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical Management, ISO Certification
- Overview of Medicine
- Drug Development Process
- Bio-Chemistry, Genetics & Microbiology
- Business Communication & Soft Skills, APTIS
- Clinical Trials
- Project & Placement Grooming
4 Semester-based course
- Principles and Practice of Management
- Basics of Marketing
- Managerial Economics
- Management Information System
- Finance and Management Accounting
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Pharmacology
- Pharma Business Environment
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Market Research
- Macro Economics
- Paradigms of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharma Sales and Distribution Management
- Pharma Products and Brand Management
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Advanced Pharma Marketing
- Pharmacology II
- Material and Operation Management
- Project Management
- Healthcare Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process for PGD of Pharmaceutical Management
Candidates are required to complete their graduation in the pharmaceutical field (B.Pharm./ M.Pharm/ PhD. in Pharmacy or B.Sc./ M.Sc.) with a minimum of 50% marks from any authorized university. Final year students are also eligible for this course.
Every institute has a separate admission process. However, there is a standard process that is followed by all institutes for the admission process:
- Eligible candidates need to fill out the application form, and this form is available on the official website of the institutes.
- Candidates need to attach all of the required documents and necessary details.
- Institutes can consider the applications as per the academic performance and merit list of the candidates.
The pharmaceutical sector is one of the popular career options for candidates in India. After the successful completion of this course, students will get job opportunities in research institutes, universities, government departments, hospitals, and the pharmaceutical industry.
Pharmaceutical is a massive industry that requires management specialists for the productive, effective, and smooth running of their firms. Pharmaceutical management requires professional workers, so there are great employment opportunities in this field.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Dabur India Ltd.
- Ranbaxy Laboratories
- Central WareHousing Corp.
- Directorate of Industries & Commerce
Top Recruiting Areas
- Drug Manufacturing Companies
- Healthcare Industry
- Research & Educational Institutes
Top Job Roles after Course Completion
- Sales & Marketing Manager
- Drug Distribution Manager
- Drug Cost Accountant
- Self-Marketing & Distributorship
- Market Researcher & Drug Developer
- Sales Manager
- Pharmaceuticals Distributor
In this article, we have provided complete information regarding the Post Graduate Diploma in Pharmaceutical Management course in India. This course mainly intends to prepare the students for managerial positions in any pharmaceutical industry. Students can also understand the basics of contemporary management that are required in the pharmaceutical industry.
People are also reading: