Project Management is a specialized task of transforming ideas into reality. It is a method of preparing, planning, and managing work for achieving specified goals. Check more about PGDM in Project Management below.
Project Management also addresses the problems of development and transformation from the initial to the endpoint of a project’s life cycle. So, the project life cycle includes knowledge, investment, plan, execution, administration, and finishing the work.
PGDM in Project Management [PGDPM]
The project manager’s role is to assure the successful performance of a project for meeting the provided deadline as well as the budget, and they also assure the quality of the products/services. Businesses require a skillful project manager, so this job demands professionals with the ability of multitasking, analytical, and communication skills.
We have previously discussed that Project Management impacts the growth and improvement of most advanced organizations, so these organizations demand qualified professionals for the best results possible. The duration of this course is one to two years. The course improves the students’ understanding of advanced concepts, strategies, and tools of the project management field.
Pursuing a Project Management course improves the ability of students to maintain the production and develop the effectiveness of the organization. This course also offers the required skills in project finance as well as project management. PGDM in Project Management is beneficial for the students to understand all the fundamentals to manage projects as per the budget requirements and deadline to improve results.
Highlights of PGDM in Project Management
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration||One to two years|
|Course Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Direct and entrance exam-based (as per the institute’s requirements)|
|Course Fee||INR 50K to INR 2 Lacs per annum|
|Average salary||INR 2 Lacs to INR 6 Lacs per annum|
Top Institutes for PGD in Project Management
|Sampoorna Academy of Management & Science||Bangalore|
|Delhi Degree College||Delhi|
|Acton Business School||Thane|
|Era Business School||Delhi|
|SRM University||Tamil Nadu|
|Institute of Working Professionals||Mumbai|
|Swami Vivekananda Institute of Information Technology||Patiala|
|GNVS Institute of Management||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||Bengaluru|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||Mumbai|
|Pacific Institute of Management, Udaipur||Udaipur|
|JK Business School, Gurgaon||Gurgaon|
|Techware Institute of Technology||Delhi|
Syllabus for PGDM in Project Management
Course Duration: Two Years
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Production / Operations Management
- Management of Information Systems
- Introduction to Project Management
- Operations Strategy
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource and Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Introduction to Agile Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Course Duration: One Year
- Managing a Project
- Managing Project Integration
- Managing Project Development
- Examining the Project Process
- Managing the Project Scope
- Managing Project Costs
- Managing Project Time
- Managing Project Quality
- Managing Project Human Resources
- Managing Project development
- Managing Project Risks
- Managing Project Communications
- Introducing Project Procurement Management
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Candidates are required to complete their graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university. Final year students can also apply, but they need to maintain minimum aggregate criteria.
Bachelor’s degree criteria
- If the stream of a Bachelor’s degree is Engineering or Technology or Architecture, then the candidate must have work experience of two years in the relevant field.
- In case a candidate has a Bachelor’s degree in the non-engineering stream then work experience of three years in the relevant field is required.
- If the stream of the diploma is Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Planning, then the candidate must have a work experience of four years in the relevant field.
Admission Process for Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
The admission process of this PGDPM course is done at the institute level, so every institute has its separate process. However, there is a standard process that is followed by all the institutes for admissions, which is a below:
- Eligible candidates need to fill out the application form available on the official website of the respective institutes.
- Candidates need to attach all the required documents and other important details.
- Institutes can consider the applications as per the academic performance and merit list of the candidates.
After successful completion of this course, students can go to different sectors. Students can become professionals and lead the project team of an industry/organization. We have previously discussed that every organization requires a professional who can work with the complete skills and improve the working. Hence there is a huge demand for project management professionals in various fields like agriculture, aeronautics, banking, teaching, insurance, and retail. Below is a list of the top recruiting companies and job roles for the postgraduate candidates of this course.
Top Recruiting Companies
- HDFC Bank
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- SGC India Private Limited
- Telford International
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- IBM BTO Business Consulting Services
- BG India
- Bechtel India Private Limited
- ITC Ltd.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
Top Job Roles after PGDM in Project Management
- Project Planner
- Senior Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Analyst
- Project Scheduler
In this article, we have provided complete information regarding the PGDM in Project Management course. So as we know, the project manager’s role is to assure the successful performance of a project for meeting the provided deadline as well as the budget and assuring the quality of the products/services. Businesses require a skillful project manager, so this job demands professionals with the ability of multitasking, analytical, and communication skills.
People are also reading: