PGDM in Project Management: Project Management is a specialized work of transforming the idea into reality. It is a method of preparing, planning, and managing work for achieving goals. Project management also approaches the problems of development and transformation during the initial to the ending point of the project life cycle. So, the project life cycle consists of knowledge, investment, plan, execution, administration, and finishing the work. Check more about Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management below.
PGDM in Project Management [PGDPM]
The project manager’s role is to assure the successful performance of a project for meeting the provided deadline as well as the budget, and they also assure the quality of the products/services. Businesses require a skillful project manager, so this job demands professionals with the ability of multitasking, analytical and great communication skills.
We have previously discussed that Project management impacts the growth and improvement of most advanced organizations, so these organizations demand qualified professionals for the best results possible. The duration of this course is one to two years that improves the students’ understanding of advanced concepts, strategies, and tools of the project management field.
PGDPM Course improves the ability of students to maintain the production and develop the effectiveness of the organization. This course also offers the required skills in project finance as well as project management. PGDPM is beneficial for the students to understand all fundamentals to manage projects as per the requirements of budget and deadline to improve results.
PGDM in Project Management Highlight
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Duration||One to two years|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in any stream with minimum 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission Process||Direct and Entrance exam Based( as per the institute requirements)|
|Course Fee||INR 50k to 2 Lacs per annum.|
|Average salary||INR 2 Lacs to 6 Lacs per annum|
Top Institutes for PGD in Project Management
|Sampoorna Academy of Management & Science||Bangalore|
|Delhi Degree College||Delhi|
|Acton Business School||Thane|
|Era Business School||Delhi|
|SRM University||Tamil Nadu|
|Institute of Working Professionals||Mumbai|
|Swami Vivekananda Institute of Information Technology||Patiala|
|GNVS Institute of Management||Mumbai|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management||Bengaluru|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||Mumbai|
|Pacific Institute of Management, Udaipur||Udaipur|
|JK Business School, Gurgaon||Gurgaon|
|Techware Institute of Technology||Delhi|
Syllabus and subject structure of Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Duration of the course: two years
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Production / Operations Management
- Management Information Systems
- Introduction to Project Management
- Operations Strategy
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource and Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Introduction to Agile Management
- Project Integration Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Duration of the course: one year
- Managing a Project
- Managing Project Integration
- Managing Project development
- Examining the Project Process
- Managing the Project Scope
- Managing Project Costs
- Managing Project Time
- Managing Project Quality
- Managing Project Human Resources
- Managing Project development
- Managing Project Risks
- Managing Project Communications
- Introducing Project Procurement Management
Eligibility criteria and admission process for Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
As per the eligibility criteria, candidates are required to complete their graduation with minimum of 50% marks from any authorized university. Apart from it, final year students can also apply for the course, but they need to maintain minimum aggregate criteria for the course.
Bachelor’s degree criteria
- If the stream of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture, then the candidate must require work experience of 2 years in the relevant field.
- In case a candidate has a bachelor’s degree in the non-engineering stream. Work experience of 3 years in the relevant field is required.
- If the stream of the diploma in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Planning, then the candidate must require work experience of 4 years in the relevant field.
The admission process of this PGDPM course is done at the institute level, so every institute has its separate admission process. However, there is a standard process that is followed by all institutes for the admission process:
- Eligible candidates need to fill the application form, and this form is available on the official website of the institutes.
- Candidates need to attach all of the required documents and necessary details.
- Institutes can consider the applications as per the academic performance and merit list of the candidates.
After successful completion of this course, students can go in different sectors. Students can become professionals and lead a project team for the best outcome possible for the industry/organization. We have previously discussed that every organization requires a professional who can work with the complete skills and improve the working. Hence there is a huge demand for project management professionals in various fields like agriculture, aeronautics, banking, teaching, insurance, retail. So here is a list of top recruiting companies and job roles for the postgraduate of this course.
Top recruiting companies
- HDFC Bank
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- SGC India Private Limited
- Telford International
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL)
- IBM BTO Business Consulting Services
- BG India
- Bechtel India Private Limited
- ITC Ltd.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
Top job roles after PGDM in Project Management Course
- Project Planner
- Senior Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Project Analyst
- Project Scheduler
In this article, we have provided complete information regarding the Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management course available in India. So as we know, the project manager’s role is to assure the successful performance of a project for meeting the provided deadline as well as the budget, and they also assure the quality of the products/services. Businesses require a skillful project manager, so this job demands professionals with the ability of multitasking, analytical and great communication skills.
People are also reading: