PGDM in Import and Export: Course, Admission, Colleges, Jobs, and Salary
International trade is increasing and has opened many opportunities for skilled professionals to administer import & export processes. After pursuing the PGDM in Import and Export Management (PGDIEM) course, students can work in global firms in different domains such as export market research, pricing, sourcing, costing, foreign exchange, distribution, export finance, freight marketing, and documentation.
This PGDIEM course provides complete information to the students to develop them for the import & export field. This PGDM course also focuses on the practices, customs, policies, and international issues like marine insurance, procedures, global supply chain management, risk management, export-import documentation, and international trade barriers. Students need to work on the EXIM project to learn various aspects of international trade.
Post Graduate Diploma Import and Export Management
Import & export courses offer complete support to a career in international markets. This course improves the students’ financial processes, payments, documentation, international business product development, etc.
After completing this course, students can find various opportunities in companies such as Reliance Industries, Bharat Petroleum, Tata Motors, Indian Oil, etc. These students can work as Export/Import managers or International Logistics Supply managers.
PGDM in Import and Export Course Highlight
|Duration||One to two years|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks|
|Admission process||Direct and Entrance exam Based( as per the institute requirements)|
|Course Fee||INR 6.25 Lacs|
|Average salary||INR 1.5 Lacs to 6 Lacs|
Top Institutes Offering PGDM in Import & Export Management
- Indian Institute of Cost and Management Studies and Research Pune, Maharashtra
- RNB Global University Bikaner, Rajasthan
- Sankalp Business School logo Pune, Maharashtra
- Savitribai Phule Pune University Pune, Maharashtra
Syllabus & Subject Structure Of PGDM in Import & Export Management
Regular Course Structure For Post Graduate Diploma Import and Export Management
- Management & Organization Behavior
- The framework of the Export-Import Policy
- International Marketing
- Exim Documentation Procedures
- Exim Management Indian Context
- Export Pricing
- Finance for Import and Export
- Regulatory Framework
- International Law
- Project Work and Viva-Voce
Distance Learning Course Structure
- Principles and Practices of Management
- EXIM Policy Framework
- International Business Environment
- International Marketing
- International Supply Chain Management
- Procedures and Practices in EXIM Management
- Export-Import Regulations
- Risk Management in Import Export Business
- Export-Import Promotional Schemes in India
- Foreign Exchange Management
- International Trade Logistics
- Entrepreneurship Development and Management
- Insurance and Inspection in Foreign Trade
- Research Methodology
Eligibility Criteria And Admission Process For PGDIEM
As per the eligibility criteria, candidates need to complete their graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from any authorized university. A diploma holder candidate in technical education must have experience of two years in the relevant field.
The admission process of this PGDIEM course is done at the institute level, so every institute has its separate admission process. However, there is a standard process that all institutes for the admission process follow:
- Eligible candidates need to fill out the application form available on the institutes’ official website.
- Candidates need to attach all of the required documents and necessary details.
- Institutes can consider the applications as per the academic performance and merit list of the candidates.
This PGDM course opens the door to opportunities in import & export, international trade, marine insurance, and export departments of government. Apart from it, various others, such as export promotion councils, export processing zones, export-oriented units, etc., require these professionals. Students can get the best jobs in this field and attractive packages. So here is a list of top recruiting companies and job roles for the postgraduate of this course.
Top Recruiting Companies
|Oil & Natural Gas||ITC|
|Tata Steel||Steel Authority of India|
|Mahindra & Mahindra||Bharat Heavy Electricals|
|Indian Oil||Tata Motors|
|Bharat Petroleum||Reliance Industries|
|Mahindra & Mahindra||Sun Pharma|
Top Job Roles After PGDM in Import and Export
- Risk Manager
- Deemed Exporter
- International Logistics Provider
- International Supplier
- Commodity Boards
- Government Official in Export Promotion Councils
- Trading Houses
This article has provided complete information regarding the PGDM in Import and Export Management course available in India. This course improves the students ‘ financial processes, payments, documentation, international business product development, etc. So as we know, this course import & export courses offer complete support to the career in international markets.
People are also reading: