MAT or Management Aptitude Test is a national-level entrance exam for candidates who want to get admission into management courses. This exam is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association).
On the basis of MAT scores, students will get admission to various MBA and other allied programs. In India, More than 600 Business schools consider MAT marks for providing admission in PG management courses. This exam is conducted four times a year, i.e. March, May, September, and December.
Here in this post, we have explained the MAT application form, exam dates, syllabus, admit card, results, and more.
MAT Exam: Latest Updates
- MAT PBT is scheduled to be conducted on May 15th and May 28th, 2022.
- The MAT PBT application form has been released online and will be available till May 9th, 2022, and May 23rd, 2022.
- MAT IBT exam will be conducted for 5 days: May 14th, 21st, 22nd, 28th, and 29th.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized institution can apply for the exam.
- The question paper includes 200 questions divided into 5 sections: Indian and Global Environment, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, and Intelligence & Critical Reasoning.
What is MAT Exam?
Management Aptitude Test or MAT is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the AIMA. The main aim of this exam is to provide admissions to different MBA and PGDM courses.
MAT is conducted 4 times a year- February, May, September, and December. The candidates who clear the exam will get admission into one of the 800+ business schools and management colleges that accept MAT scores.
This management entrance exam is conducted in three different modes: PBT, CBT, and IBT. Candidates can appear in the exam in any mode. The fees, paper pattern, and syllabus is the same for all three modes. However, the exam dates are different.
MAT Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Exam Frequency||4 times a year|
|Exam Mode||PBT, CBT, and IBT|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Exam Fees||INR 1,650 (INR 1,100 additionally for second test mode)|
|No. of Test Cities||
|Total number of applicants||18,000 to 20,000 (approx.)|
|Helpline number||011 – 24645100 / 011 – 24617354 / 011 – 43128100|
MAT Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the exam, the candidates need to fulfill the MAT eligibility criteria. Here we have mentioned the eligibility criteria in detail:
- Candidates need to have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college or institute can apply for MAT.
- There will be no age limit to apply for MAT.
- Candidates in the final year college can also apply for the exam.
- There is no attempt limit in MAT exam.
MAT Exam Dates 2022
The MAT exam dates were released with the official notification on the website. Here is the detailed MAT exam schedule 2022 for all three modes.
MAT Exam Dates 2022: PBT [May Session]
|Last Date for Online Registration||May 9, 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 11, 2022|
|Test Date||May 15, 2022|
|Last Date for Online Registration||May 23, 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 25, 2022|
|Test Date||May 28, 2022|
MAT Exam Dates 2022: CBT [May Session]
|Last Date for Online Registration||To be announced|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Test Date||To be announced|
MAT Exam Dates 2022: IBT [May Session]
|IBT Test Date||Slots||Last Date for Registration||Issue of Admit Card|
|May 14th,2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 11th, 2022||May 12th, 2022|
|May 21st, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 18th, 2022||May 19th, 2022|
|May 22nd, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 19th, 2022||May 20th, 2022|
|May 28th, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 25th, 2022||May 26th, 2022|
|May 29th, 2022||10.00 am to 12.30 pm
4.00 pm to 6.30 pm
|May 26th, 2022||May 27th, 2022|
MAT Registration 2022
Here in this section, we have explained the MAT application form process in detail.
- Candidates can apply for the exam online on the official website.
- The application form was available online from 27 December, 2021.
- Candidates need to fill the application form correctly without making any mistakes.
- Candidates also need to upload the scanned photograph (10 to 50KB) and signature (5 to 20KB) while filling the application form.
- The last date to submit the application form for CBT is 7 March, 2022 and the last date for filling the PBT application form is 2 March, 2022.
- The application form is not available offline.
- The candidates need to pay the application fees via online.
- Students can make payment through debit card, credit card, Net banking, UPI and Paytm wallet.
Here is the complete fees details:
|Exam Mode||Application Fee|
|For IBT, PBT and CBT (Single)||1650/-|
|For Double IBT, PBT + IBT, CBT + IBT and PBT + CBT||2750/-|
How To Apply For MAT Application Form?
The candidates who wish to appear in the MAT must follow the steps given below to fill the Application Form:
- Visit the official website of AIMA.
- Click on “Apply for MAT 2022”
- Enter the basic details asked in the form like your name, date of birth, mobile number, and email address.
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile number and email address for verification.
- Log in the website after the verification process is done.
- Once the candidate has successfully logged in the website the candidate must fill the personal details as well as the details related to the educational qualifications in the form.
- Submit the self-declaration form and then click on “Save & Next” button.
- Upload photograph and signature in prescribed format i.e. jpg or jpeg format. The size of the photographs should not be more than 50 kb and not less than 5 kb.
- Pay the application fee through debit/credit card/net banking in the online mode or via demand draft for the offline mode.
- After the application process is completed, the candidates must preview their application form and then submit it.
- Once submitted, take a printout of the confirmation page.
What is the difference between MAT online and offline mode?
The candidates have the provision of choosing any one mode out of the two while appearing for the exam- online or offline. The schedule and process of both exams are different. Here, we have tabulated the difference between both the modes:
|Computer-Based Mode||Paper-Based Mode|
|The candidates have to give the test on a computer.||The candidate will be provided will an OMR sheet which must be filled with an HB pencil.|
|The candidate must click on the correct option out of the four using the mouse.||The candidate has to fill the circle adjoining the correct answer.|
|Correction of the answers is easy as the candidates can easily go back to a question and change the answer by clicking it.||If a candidate wished to change the answer, he must erase the filled circle completely and then fill the correct circle.|
|A timer is provided on the screen which updates the student about the time remaining for the exam.||The candidate must carry their own watch to keep a track of the time.|
|In case of any technical issues, the candidate may be asked to restart the exam.||No risk of any technical issues.|
|A rough sheet is provided to the candidates in this mode.||No rough sheet is provided to the candidates in this mode.|
MAT Exam Centers 2022
Here is the complete list of MAT exam centers for both CBT and PBT modes:
PBT Exam Centers
CBT Exam Centers
MAT Exam Pattern 2022
To clear the exam, candidates need to know the MAT exam pattern and syllabus in detail. The exam pattern will help the students to understand the type of questions and the number of questions that will be asked in the exam.
Here is a detailed overview of the exam pattern 2022:
- The MAT examination is conducted four times a year, i.e. in February, May, September, and December.
- The examination will be conducted in three modes: CBT, PBT, and IBT.
- The question paper includes 200 questions in total.
- The total time duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in English language.
- The question paper is divided into 5 sections: Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, and Indian & Global Environment.
- The candidates will be awarded one mark for every right answer.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
|Total Number of questions||200|
|Duration of the exam||150 minutes|
|Total number of sections||5 sections with 40 questions in each of them|
|Total number of options for each question||Four options|
Section-Wise Exam Pattern
|Section No.||Section Name||No. of Questions||Time (Minutes)|
|II||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|IV||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Syllabus 2022
Here is the complete MAT Syllabus 2022 in detail:
|Language Comprehension||One Word Substitution, Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Parajumbles, Sentence Correction, Antonym & Synonyms, Verbal Ability, Idioms & Phrases, etc.|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Data Sufficiency, Data Comparison, Tables, Pie Charts, Bar Diagrams, Venn Diagram, Graphs, Caselet-based Data, Charts, etc.|
|Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Syllogism, Blood Relation, Numeric Grid, Coding & Decoding, Family Tree, Clocks, Visual Reasoning, Calendars, etc.|
|Mathematical Skills||Algebra, Trigonometry, LCM & HCF, Percentage, Mensuration, Geometry, Number System, Inequalities, Set Theory, etc.|
|Indian and Global Environment||National and International current affairs, and General knowledge|
MAT Admit Card 2022
The candidates can download the MAT Admit Card from the official website and it will remain available for download till the MAT exam day. Only the candidates who have successfully registered for the examination will be able to download their admit card.
The admit card for MAT PBT was released on 2 March, 2022 and 9 March, 2022 for CBT exam. It is advised that the candidates download a take a print out of their admit card as soon as possible to avoid any last-minute hassles. The admit cards will not be sent to the candidates individually whatsoever.
The admit card includes the candidate’s roll number, test center, and a few important instructions. The candidates need to know that, they will not be allowed inside the exam hall without the admit card and a valid ID proof.
MAT Preparation Tips 2022
In order to ace the MAT examination, the candidates must start preparing for the examination as soon as possible. Good preparation is the key to success for not just the MAT exam, but for any exam.
Here are a few tried and tested MAT preparation tips:
- Thoroughly understand the paper pattern
- Refer good books from reliable sources.
- Create your own time table for the exam and follow it properly.
- Stay updated with the latest MAT Exam Syllabus and divide it equally as per your timetable so that every topic gets covered in your study plan.
- Collect mock papers and previous question papers from reliable sources and solve it.
- Improve vocabulary to score better in Reading Comprehension.
- Solve the latest sample papers especially of the subject in which you are weak and don’t feel confident enough.
- Candidates need to concentrate on their timings so as to solve the mathematical questions quickly.
- Practice yoga and meditation while preparing as it will help you to calm down your mind and destress.
- Never over stress yourself and try to get a sleep of at least six to eight hours.
MAT Results 2022
The MAT result for all three modes will be declared on the same day of the exam. The AIMA will release the MAT results on the official website. The candidates can download the results with the unique MAT user ID and password.
Here are the steps to download the MAT results 2022:
- Visit the official website of the exam
- Click on Download/View
- Click on ‘MAT result’
- Select Exam Month
- Enter Roll Number and Registration Number
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- MAT results will appear on the screen
MAT Result Dates (February Session)
|Events of February Session||Dates|
|MAT IBT Exam||February 26 to March 13, 2022|
|MAT CBT Exam||March 13, 2022|
|MAT PBT Exam||March 6, 2022|
|MAT PBT/ CBT/ IBT Result||February 30, 2022|
MAT Cut Off 2022
Cut off is the minimum marks requires to qualify for the exam. MAT Cutoff 2020 is announced by the participating institutes individually. Cutoff for top B-schools touches 95+ percentiles with 600 to 700. Most of the other renowned institutes accept scores within the range of 70-80 percentiles.
The expected MAT cutoff 2022 is as given below:
|Top B-Schools||Expected MAT Cutoff Marks 2020|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||400|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Department of Management Sciences, PUMBA (Pune University)||600|
Management Aptitude Test or MAT is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the AIMA. It is conducted to provide admissions to different MBA and PGDM courses.
MAT is conducted 4 times a year- February, May, September, and December. This management entrance exam is conducted in three different modes: PBT, CBT, and IBT.
Here in this post, we have explained the MAT exam 2022 in detail.
People are also reading: