The staff service commission conducted a recruitment exam for the fulfillment of various central government jobs. So every year lacs of candidates participate in the CHSL exam, and a few of them are selected in this exam and select for some of the government posts. The competition for the examination is very tough, and the candidates must be very well prepared to face the exam. So here we are sharing SSC CHSL preparation tips that help you while preparing your syllabus.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips
- Create your own timetable and followed it.
- Read the newspapers daily and stay in touch with current events and relevant news.
- Gather the syllabus from the SSC official website.
- Manage time for every particular section.
- Get a basic idea of previous SSC CHSL cut-off marks and then start study. If the last-year cut-off was very high, then competition for the current year will be high.
- Clear the concept basic of maths.
- Practicing is the ultimate key to success
Check: Best Books for SSC CHSL
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for the English Language
- Read newspapers on a daily basis and stay updated with current news and events.
- Candidates should have good knowledge about English grammar rules and their correct usage.
- Try to attempt the Reading Comprehension at the beginning and quickly.
- Try improving your grammatical skills and knowledge.
- Collect the previous question papers and solved them.
- English Language section is-
- Sentence Improvement
- reading comprehension
- one-word substitution
- Spotting Errors
- Practice at least 10-20 comprehension passages every day.
- Around five questions are expected from Comprehensive Passages.
- Preparation of CLOZE TEST- Make it more manageable and try to find the logic behind the phrase.
- Follow the Grammar rules, so that you have a clear idea of sentence structuring.
- Preparation of Idioms & Phrases – This section might comprise of 4 questions only.
- For this section, the candidate has only one trick, and that is going through all the questions from the previous year’s papers.
- Preparation of Synonyms & Antonyms- Approximately two questions will be asked from this section. Try to grasp more and more words from your surroundings.
- Daily search new words and check the meaning and make the sentences with antonym and synonyms.
Check: SSC CHSL Mock Tests
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for General Intelligence
- It is based on Verbal and Non-verbal. It includes- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series,
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Give an online paper and analyze your current level of preparation.
- Do more practice of previous question papers.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
- The Quantitative Aptitude may be the most time-consuming and challenging section among all the parts of the Tier I paper.
- It also comprises 25 questions worth two marks each. You should invest no more than 25 minutes in this section.
- This section is related to Arithmetic, Simplification, Number System, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Average, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Probability, Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Number Series, etc. are asked in this section.
- Clear the concept and formulas.
- Spend more time with these topics- Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion, and age problems. These are easy topics and good scoring topics.
- Some topics are scoring but take more time to solve. These topics are- Profit and loss, number series, mensuration, number systems, speed, and distance, etc.
- Learn all the essential formulas and time yourself while practicing.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- Solve last year’s papers.
- It depends on your general knowledge.
- Be updated with current affairs and daily news events.
- If you are well prepared in this section, it will take you no more than 10-15 minutes in attempting the entire chapter.
- Only attempt those questions which you are sure about.
- You can save time in General Awareness.
- Collect the information about Culture, Indian History, Geography (India+World), Environment, Economy, and Polity.
People are also reading: