SSC CHSL Syllabus has been well designed by the SSC. With proper strategy practice – one could easily crack the exam with flying colors. It comprises 3 Tiers – Tier I (objective test), tier-II (descriptive test), and tier-III (skill/typing test). Check below the detailed SSC CHSL Syllabus according to its exam pattern.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020-21
SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam Pattern
|SSC CHSL Tier-I Subjects||SSC CHSL Tier-I Questions||SSC CHSL Tier-I Marks|
SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL Tier-III Exam Pattern
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Skill Test|
|Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)/Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)||Typing Test|
Tier-Wise SSC CHSL Syllabus
Go through the complete tier-wise SSC CHSL syllabus below:
SSC CHSL Tier-I Syllabus
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020: General Intelligence
|Analogy||Questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, and Figural Analogy|
|Number/Alphanumeric Series||Questions on Semantic Series, Number Series, and Figural Series.|
|Syllogism||The conclusion is based on 2 or 3 given statements. It can be easily solved by using a Venn diagram.|
|Direction/Ranking||direction sense questions asked|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Questions related to Paper Cutting, Cubes and Dice, Grouping of Images, and Figure Matrix|
|Miscellaneous||Odd One Out, Coding, and decoding, Embedded figures, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, etc.|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020: General Awareness
|Culture, Indian History||Geography (Indian + World)||Environment||Economy||Polity|
|Science Biology||Chemistry||Physics, Space Science||Computer, Mobile and Technology||–|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 – Quantitative Aptitude
|Number System||Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.|
|Fundamental Arithmetical Operations||Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time and work.|
|Algebra||Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.|
|Geometry||Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.|
|Mensuration||Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin² ???? + Cos² ????=1 etc.|
|Statistical Charts||Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 – English Language
|English Language||Topics are Spot the Error, fill in the Blanks, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage|
|Vocabulary||Questions will be from topics like Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelled words, Idioms & Phrases, and One-word substitution|
|Grammar||Questions will be on Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration|
|Reading Comprehension||A simple and scoring section with 3 to 5 questions will be asked.|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 for Tier II
Essays Topics –
- The Ayushmaan Yojna
- Climate Change/ Pollution/ Odd-Even Scheme
- Women Safety and Empowerment
- Article 370
- National Register of Citizens
- Current events and happenings
Important topics for Letter/ Application Writing are:
- Regarding noise pollution in your locality – Write a complaint letter.
- Write a job application letter to the company for the post of manager/ assistant/ clerk etc.
- Write a letter complaining about the everyday trouble of having traffic near your locality.
- Present your views in the form of a letter about the effect of digitalization on the youth of today.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 for Tier III/ Skill Test
- Tier III for those who qualify Tier I and Tier II.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO), there is a Typing Test that will be held.
- To qualify for the test, a candidate needs to adhere to the prescribed speed on the computer.
- Secondly, there is a Typing test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC, and Court Clerk posts in which there is a requirement of 35 words per minute for typing English, and For Hindi typing speed of 30 words per minute is mandatory.
- For the post-DEO, a 15 minutes skill test will be conducted. On a computer, it requires 8000 key depressions per hour. Skill test for the post of DEO in C&AG office – requires 15000 key depressions per hour.
People are also reading: