Candidates who wish to serve as a group A gazetted officer in Flying & Ground Duty Branch, Indian Air Force invited these such type of candidates to apply for air force common admission test which is popularly known as AFCAT 2019. Indian Airforce released the official notification in November 2018. The application process is going on from 1st Dec 2018 and till continued 30th Dec 2018. AFCAT 2019 will be conducted on 16th February and 17th February 2019. The authority also added one more process for selection of the candidates i.e. Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). AFCAT will be conducted to fulfill a total of 163 vacant positions available Flying & Ground Duty Branch. Through this article, Candidates will get complete information about AFCAT Notification, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation Tips, Vacancy Details, Result, Selection Procedure and Other Important Information.
AFCAT 2019 Highlights
|Name of Examination||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|OrganisingAuthority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Vacancy Details||Commissioned officers in flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Question Papers Section||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and verbal Ability in English|
|Selection Procedure||AFCAT Written Exam|
What is AFCAT?
AFCAT is popularly known as Airforce Common Admission Test. It is the top level officer/Commissioned Officer (Flying, Ground Duty (Technical)/Ground Duty (Non-Technical)) entrance exam for those who wish to serve in Indian Airforce. Air Force organized this examination two times (February and August) a year. AFCAT is organized in the air force station across all over India.
What is EKT?
EKT is popularly known as Engineering Knowledge Test. The test is added in the selection procedure from last year through this test the conducting authority wants to test the discipline knowledge of the candidates. Those who wish to serve as a technical officer they must need to go through with this test. The question papers will be asked from the below given subjects i.e. Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics.
AFCAT Exam Dates 2018-19
Through the below given table candidates will get AFCAT Exam Dates or complete exam schedule:
|Exam Event||Exam Dates|
|Release of AFCAT Notification||December 1, 2018|
|AFCAT Application Process Starts||1st December 2018 1 – 30, 2018|
|Last date for AFCAT Application Form Submission||February 2019 (In this Month)|
|Release of AFCAT Admit card||February 2019 (In this Month)|
|AFCAT Exam Dates 2019||16th February and 17th February, 2019|
|Release of AFCAT Results||April 2019 (In this Month)|
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates who wish to apply for AFCAT Examination for 01/2019 session they need to check complete eligibility criteria. Those who are not satisfying the minimum qualifying criteria they need not apply for AFCAT Exam. Here we have listed eligibility criteria, for complete details click here:
Those who are a citizen of India can apply.
Age limit criteria is varied according to the various branch:
- Flying Branch (AFCAT & NCC Entry): Candidates whose age fall between 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2020 (Candidates whose age fall between 1st January 1996 to 1st January 2000.
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): Candidates whose age fall between 20 to 26 years as on 1st January 2020 (Candidates whose age fall between 2nd January 1994 to 1st January 2000.
- Indian Airforce only accepts the date of birth which is mentioned in the HighSchool/Matriculation or Secondary School/Intermediate Leaving Certificate or in the passing certification/
marksheetwhich is issued by the recognisedIndian University/School Education Board.
- Those whose age is less than 25 years can apply if she/he is not
amrriedat the time of commencement of course.
- Those who are Widows/ Widowers and divorcees and their age below than 25 years are not eligible.
- Flying Branch: Candidates who secured a minimum of 60% marks in 10+2 level/Intermediate in Math and Physics Subjects.
- Candidates who have minimum 60% marks in Graduation with minimum of 3 years of the degree in any discipline/stream from a recognized university can apply for AFCAT 2019.
AFCAT Application Form 2019
The conducting authority has been released AFCAT 2019 Application Form. Candidates who wish to serve a gazetted officer in Indian Airforce can fill AFCAT Application Form from 1st December 2018 and the application process will be continued till 30th December 2018. The authority made an application form only online mode. Candidates can not fill it via offline mode. From below given
Complete Step by Step Registration Process
- Candidates need to visit the official website’s Career Portal of Indian Airforce.
- Then candidates need to click on login or if you are a new user then click on new registration.
- A new registration window will appear in front of your computer screen, Fill your complete details and register by entering the name, e-mail ID, mobile number etc.
- Click on Submit Button, Your application number/registration number and password will be generated and which will be. sent to you immediately through the registered email ID.
Steps which candidates need to follow while filling Application Form
Three simple steps Candidates need to follow i.e. Registration, Upload the Scanned Images, Pay the Application Fee.
- Candidates need to register according to the given guidelines on the webpage.
- Candidates need to select or choose the preferred branch, AFCAT Exam Centers, EKT Subjects/Topics.
- Then Upload you scanned photographs (signature and Photograph according to the given prescribed format with the exact dimension as provided in the notification).
- Then click on
Payment of Application Fee
- Candidates need to pay 250 INR after successful registration and need to click on make payment section.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any cases.
- Candidates can pay the application form via credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
AFCAT Admit Card 2019
- Candidates who have successfully register for the AFCAT Application Form can download
theiradmit card in February 2019.
- Candidates can download it via the official website by login into their dashboard. The authority also sent it through the registered email to the conducting authority. which is available at www.careerindiaairforce.cdac.in.
- The admit card is not available via offline mode, the authority will not responsible for sending candidates to admit card via post or registration.
- Candidates must remember his/her Username and Password for login or further future process of AFCAT Examination.
Here we have listed complete list of steps through candidates can download their AFCAT Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of Indian Air force.
- Visit the career portal .
- Click on the login button, new window will appeared.
- Enter your login credentials i.e. E-mail ID and password.
- Click on the Download Button.
- Your admit card will appear in front of the computer screen.
- Then Download your admit card.
- Once you have downloaded the admit card then take a printout copy of the admit card for the future purpose.
AFCAT Helpline Centres 2019
Contact. : 020-25503105 | 020-25503106
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
AFCAT Exam Center 2019
- The authority made 104 Exam Centers for this session of AFCAT 2019.
- While registration candidates need to select one exam centers in the application form.
- Once candidates will select or choose the AFCAT Exam Centers than no candidates is allowed to change their exam centers.
AFCAT Exam Pattern
Through the help of AFCAT Exam Pattern Candidates will get complete information about marking schemings, mode of the examination, total number of question will be asked in the AFCAT Examination, Negative marking, Time duration and complete other important information:
|Exam||AFCAT||EKT (only for technical)|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. computer based||Online i.e. computer based|
|No. of Questions||100||50|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)||45 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
AFCAT/ EKT Schedule
AFCAT and EKT will be conducted in two days as per the following schedule:
The authority also released AFCAT Syllabus along with the AFCAT Notification. AFCAT Syllabus contains four section i.e. English, General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test.
- English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases.
- General Awareness – History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
About AFCAT and EKT Practice Test:
- Candidates can check their preparation or are they prepared for AFCAT 0r EKT or not can check from the IAF website i.e. https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in.
AFCAT Recommended Books
Here we have listed best books or resources list through candidates can prepare for AFCAT Examination.
|Let’s Crack AFCAT||SSB Crack||819310871X|
|AFCAT Topic-wise Solved paper||Disha Experts||9385846744|
|Let’s Crack EKT||SSB Crack||8193108728|
AFCAT Result & AFSB Selection Process
The authority will release AFCAT Result in the month of May/June 2019 via the official website. The authority will release soon the final result declaration date for AFCAT Examination. Candidates can download their scorecard from the below given steps:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of AFCAT 2019.
- Click on the AFCAT results 2019 link.
- The qualified candidates list will appeared.
- Download it.
- Check your roll number or find that are your qualifed or not?
AFSB Selection Process
- The authority will release a list of candidates who secured minimum qualifying marks in the AFCAT Examination.
- Those successfully cleared written examination will be called for one of the Air Force Selection Boards.
- Those who are selected or applied for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will be directly called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centres.
- AFSB centres are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi (4 AFSB).
- Candidates who opt for flying branch can only opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi.
- Candidates are required to choose AFSB date and venue by themselves on the website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in (OR) https://afcat.cdac.in in order to generate call- up letter for AFSB interview.
Final Merit List
The final merit list will be prepared on the basis ofa candidtes marks in the AFCAT Exam or AFSB Test as fixed by the IAF or perfomance of the candidates in the written examination. According to the highest marks order the name of the candidates will be announced or declared by the IAF through these final merit list. The athority also declared the result by sending it to the individual candidates. The authority also reserved 10% of the seats for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate holders in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches. On the basis of number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidates the allotment will be declared of PC/ SSC in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches.
AFCAT Vacancies (2019)
SSC for Men and Women
207/20F/SSC/M & W
Electronics and Aeronautical Engineer
PC for Men and SSC for Men & Women
206/20T/SSC/M & W
Ground Duty Non-Technical
(Administration, Logistics, Accounts)
PC for Men and SSC for Men & Women
206/20G/SSC/M & W
Admin: PC-11, SSC-15
Logistics: PC-05, SSC-09
Accounts: PC-07, SSC11
NCC Special Entry
PC for Men and SSC for Men & Women
207/20F/SSC/M & W
10% Seat out of CDSE Vacancies for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC
AFCAT Cut Off 2019
Cut off is the minimum marks which is required to score for candidates to qualify in the AFCAT Examination. The below given table si prepared according to the last year trends and exam analysis. For complete merit list or cut off lcik here.
|Year||Cut Off Score|
|2011||85 (AFCAT 1)|
|2011||88 (AFCAT 2)|
|2012||135 (AFCAT 1)|
|2012||143 (AFCAT 2)|
|2013||144 (AFCAT 1)|
|2013||116 (AFCAT 2)|
|2014||128 (AFCAT 1)|
|2014||123 (AFCAT 2)|
|2015||126 (AFCAT 1)|
|2015||144 (AFCAT 2)|
|2016||132 (AFCAT 1)|
|2016||148 (AFCAT 2)|
|2018||150 (AFCAT 1)|