The Civil Services examination organized by the UPSC is one of the toughest All India examinations in the country. It conducted in three stages: Prelims, Main and Interview. If you have decided to study from home then make sure that you have a proper guidance in your preparation for IAS Exam. Get complete IAS Preparation Tips from here.
IAS Preparation Tips
1. Study Plan:
- Before starting study, create a own time-table and followed it properly.
- Analyze the subject wise topics and collect the syllabus.
- Collect information about the complete UPSC Exam Syllabus and divide them equally as per your time so that every minor topic should get covered in your study plans.
- Collect the previous question papers and mock papers.
- Know the UPSC exam syllabus.
- Prepare the short notes for UPSC Exam.
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects and prepare for them as per your prepared time-table.
- Include short breaks of 15 minutes between long hours of study.
- Maintaining a proper schedule for every task that you do can lead you to success.
- Divide the time for all subjects.
3. Study Material:
- Read the newspaper on the daily basis, it increase the general knowledge.
- Collect the NCERT books for IAS preparation because the NCERT from Class six to twelve plays a very significant role in UPSC Civil service IAS examination preparation.
- Focus on the topics like economy, politics, international affairs, etc. within the magazine.
- Concentrate on topics like Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial/ Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who is who?, Sports, Book and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations & Important Days etc.
- You can practice questions on apps while traveling, read the magazines before going to bed and revise it in early morning.
- Candidate must follow a national newspaper in order to keep them updated about the happenings of the world because general awareness plays a very important part of the exam.
- Group discussion with friends those who are preparing for the same examination because it gives the new ideas for IAS Exam.
4. Maintain Health:
- During preparation, never ignore your health, so maintain your health
- Take fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid junk food and heavy diet.
- At the time of preparation do yoga and meditation, it will help you to calm your mind, increasing inner peace, confidence and power of concentration.
- Never over stress yourself and try to get sleep for at least six to eight hours.
5. Solving the previous question papers:
- Previous Years Question papers are the most important source of information for both prelims and main examination.
- Solve the previous question papers and sample mock papers will give you the idea about IAS question paper .
- Probably 75% of questions are asked directly from the NCERT books and previous year question papers.
- Solving previous years question paper will help you to understand the pattern and enhance your revision.
- Mostly the revision is done in last one-two months of examination but UPSC demands daily revision.
- Daily morning revised the all topics which you have prepared the notes during your preparation.
- On the daily basis give the 15 minutes for revision.
- The regular revision will retain your memory power.
Click here for PCS Preparation Tips