CDS is known as Combined Defence Service. It is conducted to recruit for various post in the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. UPSC conducts it twice (February and November) in a year. UPSC will conduct it on 7 November this year. Through this article, you will get complete information about CDS Eligibility Criteria.
CDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to join Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy must apply for CDS Exam 2020. Each candidate needs to fulfil the eligibility requirements and should apply only after verifying CDS eligibility criteria. Before applying for that they need to check their eligibility criteria which are as given below:
- Candidates whose age fall below than 19 years will not eligible.
- The age will be calculated from 1 January 2020.
|Academy||Educational Qualification||Age Group|
|Indian Military Academy||Graduation or Equivalent Degree||20-25 years|
|Indian Naval Academy||Degree in Engineering||20-24 years|
|Indian Airforce Academy||Degree in B.E or B.tech/B.sc with 10+2 Certificate||20-25 years|
|Officer’s Training Academy(Women)||Graduation in any discipline from recognized University||Unmarried Candidates (20-25 years)|
|Officer’s Training Academy (Men)||Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university||Unmarried Candidates (20-25 years)|
- Candidates should be an Indian national. Candidates who are from Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet, Burma, Sri Lanka & various East African Countries will also eligible.
- Candidate should be unmarried to apply for IMA, INA & AFA. Male Applicants at OTA are exempted from this restriction while Unmarried women, issueless widows and divorcees can apply for OTA.
The eligibility criteria are different for each post. The candidates are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The candidates who are in final year/ semester are also eligible to apply for CDS Exam 2020 on a provisional basis.
- For Indian Military Academy (INA): The candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- For Indian Naval Academy (INA): The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Air Force Academy (AFA): The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- For Officers Training Academy (OTA): The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2020 as per guidelines of UPSC.
- Candidate should be physically fit and free from any disability and disease.
- Candidate should maintain proper weight.
- The minimum height of male candidates should be 157.5 cms (157 cms for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force).
- The minimum height acceptable of female candidates should be 152 cms.
- Gorkhas candidates belonging to hilly areas of North-East, Garhwali and Kumaon are eligible for 5 cms. relaxation in height.
- Those candidates belonging to Lakshadweep are eligible for 2 cms. relaxation in height.
* The relaxation in height as stated above is not applicable for Navy and Air Force.
People are also reading: