In this article, you will get complete CDS Preparation Tips and know about how to prepare for CDS Examination. Combined Defence Services (CDS) is an exam organised by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is conducted twice in a year (CDS1 & CDS2). This exam enables candidates to get recruited into the:
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun for permanent commission in the Indian Army
- Officers Training Academy (OTA) in Chennai for the short-service commission in the Indian Army
- Naval Academy Goa, for Commission in the General Services in the Indian Navy
- Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad for Commission in the Indian Air Force.
CDS Preparation Tips
How to Prepare for UPSC CDS Exam?
- For study plan, create your time table and follow it properly.
- Time Management.
- Analysis of the study material and syllabus of CDS Exam.
- Collect the previous year question papers and mock papers and solve them.
- Prepare the notes yourself and collect relevant books.
- Check the complete guide to prepare for CDS Exam subject wise.
- Divide the time for all subjects and work harder on areas you feel you lack in.
- Consider various preparation sources like books, e-books, online preparation, online groups, blogs etc.
- Always solve 15-20 previous year question papers and find out where you are lacking, focus on topics which you are unsure about and you will succeed.
If a candidate follows this plan, they can surely crack the CDS exam in the first attempt.
How to Prepare English for CDS Exam
CDS Preparation tips for English –
Most of the candidates are unsure about the English section and fail to score well in it. This article brings a pause to your search and answers the most common question, “How to prepare for CDS English Paper?”
English question paper includes 120 questions of 100 marks with a time duration of 2 hours. Through this paper, examiner tests your necessary English skills in many ways with different types of Grammar and Vocabulary questions. Let’s check the CDS Exam English preparation tips :
- Check Complete CDS English syllabus first.
- To prepare for English, you can improve your reading habit via many sources like English Newspapers, Magazines, Notes, books etc. and also enhance your English writing, English speaking, and English listening habits.
- Create a comprehensive list of all the important topics
- Search new words lists daily and try to use them in sentences.
- Prepare a time table for all grammar and vocabulary sections. Give more time to parts you are weak in.
- Check and try to solve UPSC CDS previous year English question papers.
- Divide all sections and prepare them all one by one.
- One can refer to basic grammar books to clear the concept.
How to Prepare General Knowledge (GK) for CDS Exam?
CDS Preparation tips for GK
CDS General Knowledge paper is an objective type paper of 100 marks with 120 questions.
The General Knowledge section mainly includes topics from Constitution, History, Economy, Geography, Politics, Navy & Military and Latest current affairs etc. You can easily prepare for the GK section by following the tips given below:
- Check CDS GK Syllabus First.
- Read Newspapers daily and watch television for the latest happenings in and around the world. This habit increases your overall General knowledge.
- Collect magazines and notes that cover various topics ranging from economy to business to trade policies to the latest awardees in the fields of sports, art, literature etc.
- Do more practice with Online GK test for CDS Exam via CDS mock tests, CDS speed tests, and CDS practice papers.
- Collect the last year question papers and solve it. It will give you an idea regarding which topics you need to concentrate upon.
How to Prepare Mathematics for CDS Exam
CDS Preparation Tips for Mathematics
UPSC CDS Elementary Mathematics paper contains 100 objective type questions of total 100 marks.
This paper standard is almost similar to matriculation. Check How to prepare CDS Maths Paper? It includes questions from Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry etc.
- Check Complete CDS Maths syllabus first.
- Collect essential formulas, theorems, and tips. Check some of the Geometry formulas for Circle, Rectangle, Square, tangents etc. Speed Distance and Time-related questions, Math Formula For Area & surface area, Math Formula For Volume, Maths Formulas of Number System etc. to prepare for CDS.
- Practice more and more to get success in maths. Try more questions to solve.
- Learn Maths essential formulas and write down all in one place for last-minute preparation.
- Collect the previous question paper and then solve it. Try last year paper to solve.
- I revised all the topics.
- Buy CDS Maths question syllabus books for better understanding of the concept.
How to Prepare for UPSC CDS Physical & Medical Exam?
Those students who are going to participate in UPSC Examination 2020 must be physically and mentally fit and fine with no mental breakdown record in the past.
The physical and medical test also plays a vital role in this Exam, so you should be prepared for it.
- Must put your weight and height on a standard scale. So regular exercise and running are a must.
- Must check up your whole body before the examination for any type of disease.
All participants must go through a medical test only when they clear the SSB interview, and there may be different criteria for all forces Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- Regular exercise keeps you fit and fine with proper weight. Take a full checkup of your whole body to clear the doubt of any type of hidden disease so that you can cure it at the right time.
- Do yoga and meditation regularly.
- Eat healthily and include fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Have yourself medically examined before you take the exam, just to avoid any surprises
Personal Interview – Intelligence and Personality Test
How to prepare for CDS Interview?
- Those candidates who successfully qualify the written test, are called for Intelligence and Personality test which will be conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
- Train your mind to think clearly, rationally and logically.
- Train yourself to respect your seniors and juniors
This test judge a candidate’s intelligence, personality, and his ability to be chosen as an officer in the Defence Forces. There are several components included in the test like Psychological Tests, Group Discussion, Intelligence Tests, Outdoor activities, Opinion on issues, Physical Fitness etc.
Here are a few tips /tricks to help you clear this test.
- Self-confidence – Develop your confidence. You should have the ability to express yourself in a beautiful manner with positive energy. I am having the courage and cheerful attitude.
- Sharp your communication skills.
- Improve and increases General awareness about all around the country and world.
- Present a charming personality in front of the panel. You should have the ability to impress them by way of talking and other activities what you do there.
- Try to conceive yourself a team leader who will help in successfully carrying out teamwork.
- Think before doing and behave like an officer (proper manner and respectfully).
People are also reading: