CAT Exam Pattern: CAT Exam Pattern includes, CAT Marking Schemes, Exam Mode etc. CAT(Common Admission Test) notification have been released on 27th July 2018, the Online Application form will be available from 8th August 2018 and the last date of filling the application form is 19th September 2018. Common Admission Test is a top level management entrance examination organized by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis every year. For admission in MBA, PGDM, and other management courses which is offered IIMs and other top business schools in India such as SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, NITIE etc scorecard are required.
CAT Admit Card have been released now, Click Here to get Admit Card.
CAT 2018-19 Exam Dates has been released, Click Here to Check.
CAT Exam Pattern – 2018
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours). 60minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice type and subjective type.
- No. of Question: Total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For multiple choice questions(MCQs), one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted. There will be not penalty of negative marking on wrong answers to Non MCQs in CAT 2018 Exam.
- The 3 section are CAT 2018: Verbal ability and & Reading comprehensive(VARC), Data Interpretation& Logical Reasoning(DILR); Quantitative Aptitute(QA).
Check Section Wise Weight age of Question:
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT Marking Schemes – 2018
The total marks of CAT marks is 300 marks. all questions carry equal marks. there is a negative marking of .33 for every wrong answer. and there is a 3 marks for every correct answer.
Check the CAT 2018 Marking Scheme below:
|Every single correct answer will get||3 marks|
|Every single wrong answer result in deduction of||1 Mark|
|Deduction of marks for wrong subjective answer||No Deduction|
|Deduction of marks for un-attempted questions||No Deduction|