Every year lakhs of students apply for the Common Entrance Test (CAT) which is conducted by IIM. IIM CAT 2020 will be held on November 29, it is better to start preparing in advance. And that is why we have mentioned all the important topics for the CAT 2020 exam, that can help you score higher and also take you a step closer to your dream admission in IIM.
CAT Important Topics 2020
CAT Exam includes 3 sections-
- Quantitative Aptitude(QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
Each section of the test has a few important topics which a student must cover. So, check the important topics of CAT for preparations.
Here we are listed previous year weightage in the question papers.
|Geometry and Trigonometry||25-30%||28-32%||26-30%|
|Functions and Graphs||8-10%||6-8%||8-10%|
|P&C and Probability||3-5%||4-6%||3-5%|
Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Number System: Ensure that you are clear with the basic concepts of this topic.
- Arithmetic: Though Arithmetic has a vast number of sub-topics, in the last 3 years, only a couple of questions have featured from this topic.
- Algebra: Considering this has been one of the most dominant topics in CAT Exam in the last three years, it makes a lot of sense to place extra emphasis on this topic.
- Geometry: Another topic that has featured quite a lot in the last few years.
- Permutation & Combination/Probability: This is another topic that contributes around one to two questions to the exam.
- Miscellaneous Topics: This includes Set Theory, Trigonometry, and Logarithms
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Data Sufficiency
- Bar Graph
- Family Tree
- Seating Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Assumptions & Statements
- Venn Diagram
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Completion
- Para Jumble
- Sentence Correction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Word Usage (Vocabulary)
People are also reading: