The Joint Entrance examination is one of the toughest entrance examinations in India. Every year around 12 lac students appear for the JEE Main Examination. Candidates dream to get admission in Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), National Institute of Technology (NITs ) and Government Funded Technical Institutions (GFTs). Candidates who are preparing for JEE Main 2020 need to gear up their preparations and devise a smart preparation strategy. Physics is the subject which can be very scoring if your concepts are clear and it also makes a keynote for qualifying for JEE Main Examination. As we all know JEE Main Physics Syllabus is too as vast; therefore, you must go ahead with smart preparation. So, here we are sharing JEE Main Physics Preparation Tips which will help you crack the JEE Main Physics 2020.
JEE Main Physics Preparation Tips
As per the various experts and institution’s analysis, it is difficult to understand which method should we use to score well in JEE Main Physics Sections. If you are focused on your goal, Physics can be cracked easily. You must know what are the important topics as per the exam point of view and which questions are generally covered frequently in past years. The most important thing is that you should have all the formulae memorised so well that no matter which numerical is served to you, you always know which formula is to be applied to it. Follow these tips to ace your JEE Main Physics segment:
Focus on the Basics
Candidates need to focus on their basics. Don’t forget to learn basic concepts while covering the syllabus of Physics. Don’t stress yourself if you did not cover the syllabus in this given period of time, just try to concentrate on the basics first. Go step by step, do the easier things first and then gradually move towards the tougher sections.
Know what to study
In every exam, there are certain topics which are a little more important than the others as they have a history of being frequently asked. As per the expert analysis of learndunia.com, the below-listed topics are frequently asked in the JEE Main Physics Examination:
- Mechanics – This section almost 37% of questions still it is not scoring subjects because it is the major portion which covers the difficulty levels.
- Kinematics – These are really scoring topics and easily trackable.
- Electricity – Every student can score 100% marks in this section because it is the topic which can be easily understood.
- Thermodynamics – It appears in Physics as well as in Chemistry; therefore, it is very important.
- Magnetics- Start magnetism from the basics and try to solve more and more questions on this topic
- Electromagnetic Induction and AC- Faraday’s Law is important in this section.
- Current Electricity– Ohm’s law, colour code for resistors, characteristic of ohmic and non-ohmic conductors is important.
- Waves: Principle of superposition of waves, simple harmonic motion (S.H.M) and its equation, Doppler Effect is important.
Easy topics with high weightage
Each and every topic have its own importance but the topics given below are some which can be easy to prepare and have high weightage such as :
- Physics and measurement
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Communication system
People Also Check:
Detailed analysis of JEE Main Physics Paper in past years
Get a complete analysis from the below-given table for the past few years:
Best books for JEE Main Physics Preparation
Here we have listed some of the best books for JEE Main Physics Preparation:
- Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Arihant Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Elements of Dynamics by S.L.Loney
- Advanced level Physics by Nelson and Parker
- NCERT Physics by Text Books for Basics
- University Physics by Sears and Zemansky
- Fundamentals of Physics by Resnick, Halliday, Walker