Are You Preparing for JEE Main 2021? If your answer is “Yes”, then you must start preparing for it thoroughly. While doing that you must take very thoughtful decisions as one wrong step can pull you really back into the competitions the competition is very tough, and there is no place for mistakes. If you want success in this examination, you must do something that takes you ahead of the competition. There are three sections in JEE Main Examination, in this Chemistry is one of the sections where you can score pretty well. From an aspirant’s point of view, each and every mark counts therefore if you are able to score very good in chemistry, it can really boost up your rank, but for that, you need to go ahead with a strategic plan. This article will give you an idea about the essential topics, syllabus, exam pattern, and the study material of Chemistry for JEE Mains which can help you ace this subject. Below given are some of the best JEE Main Chemistry Preparation Tips 2021.
JEE Main Chemistry Preparation Tips 2021
The candidates who wish to boost up their rank by getting the maximum possible marks in chemistry must follow the tips given below:
Select the best Study Materials
Selecting the best books will give you an upper hand as you will save lots of time. Many students waste their time by referring to too many books and yet do not get the right solution. Try to always start with NCERT books as these books have brief information about basics. Once your basics are cleared, you may check some other reference books.
Try to focus on the basics.
Many students try to solve complex questions but forget the basics. Always try to focus on the basics first. Once you get your fundamentals strong, it will be a great advantage in JEE Main Exam. Do not try to learn from a lot of books, always try to start with one book (preferably NCERT) for the basics and numerical section. Once you have a hold on the basics, attempt other questions.
Try to start early
Do not wait until the last moment to start preparing. Starting with your preparations early will give you a chance to improve your weakness after covering the whole syllabus. Once you have covered the entire syllabus, then you can evaluate yourself with the help of the mock tests and previous year’s question papers. Once you attempt them, you will know how proper is your preparation.
Why NCERT First?
- They have basics, and they are authentic and reliable.
- Their language is easily comprehensible.
- After each chapter, there is a summary box that can help you to revise a section quickly.
- The fundamentals are explained in detail.
- They cover the syllabus of Class XII; hence you can prepare for board exams simultaneously.
Try to solve the previous year’s JEE Main question papers.
Try to keep an eye on speed and accuracy.
The most important thing that you must keep in mind is your speed while solving the questions. Whenever you are trying to prepare, try to speed up your question-solving technique as well as improve your accuracy.
Detailed analysis of JEE Main Chemistry Paper in past years
|Unit & Topic Name||No of the Questions asked||Total Marks Allotted||% Weightage|
|d-block & f-block||2||8||7%|
|Transition Elements & Coordination Chemistry||1||4||3%|
|Carbohydrates, Amino Acids, and Polymers||3||12||10%|
|General Organic Chemistry||1||4||3%|
|Oxidation & Reduction||1||4||3%|
|Practical Organic Chemistry||1||4||3%|
|Equivalent Concept & Titration||1||4||3%|
|Solution & Colligative Properties||1||4||3%|
|Thermodynamics & Thermochemistry||1||4||3%|
JEE Main Chemistry Sectional Weightage
Best Books for Chemistry Preparation
- Physical Chemistry
- University Chemistry by Bruce Mahan
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee.
- Numerical Chemistry 22/e by P Bahadur.
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
- Organic Chemistry by Solomons and Fryhle
- A Guidebook to Mechanism in Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee
- Textbook of Inorganic Chemistry for Competitions (JEE Main & Advanced ) by OP Tandon
|S.R||Book Name||Author||Buy Now|
|1:||Chemistry XI & XII||NCERT||Click Here|
|2:||Concept of Organic Chemistry||Ajnish Kumar Jha||Click Here|
|3:||General Chemistry||Halliday, Resnick, and Walker||Click Here|
|4:||Inorganic Chemistry||Ebbing and Gammon||Click Here|
|5:||Inorganic Chemistry||OP Tandon||Click Here|
|6:||Physical Chemistry||OP Tandon||Click Here|
|7:||University Chemistry||Bruce H Mahan||Click Here|
People are also reading:
- How to Crack JEE Main Physics Section?
- How to prepare for JEE Main Mathematics Section?
- JEE Main Syllabus 2021
- Top 10 Tips to Crack JEE Mains 2021 Exam
- JEE Mains Mathematics Preparation Tips
- JEE Mains Chemistry Preparation Tips
- JEE Mains Important Topics
- JEE Mains Preparation Tips
- JEE Mains Participating Institutes
- JEE Mains Cutoff for IITs