IIT JAM Counselling
IIT JAM counselling process 2022 for admission to IITs and IISCs has started. The IIT JAM admission forms were released on April 9th, 2022. The last date to fill the admission form is May 11th, 2022. Those who fulfill the IIT JAM cutoff can fill the admission form available on the official website. After filling out the admission form, you must pay the admission fee of INR 600.
Based on your IIT JAM exam results and education qualification, IIT Roorkee will release four admission lists on June 1st, June 16th, June 25th, and July 6th, 2022. The candidates who have been selected for admissions must appear for the IIT JAM Counselling process by paying the admission fee and producing the original documents.
What are CCMN and JOAPS Counselling?
Centralized Common Counselling for M.Sc. (CCMN) is a nationwide counselling process conducted annually to provide admissions to Master’s programs in Science at NITs and CFTIs.
You need to know that CCMN Counselling 2022 is different from IIT JAM Counselling 2022. While IIT JAM Counselling is for admissions into IITs and IISc institutes, CCMN is for admissions into the courses offered by NITs and CFTIs. CCMN Counselling is conducted online, and 22 institutes participate in it.
IIT JAM JOAPS Counselling 2022: Important Dates
Here are the IIT JAM JOAPS counselling dates:
|Submission of application form for admission||April 9th – May 11th, 2022|
|Last Date of rectification of defective documents||May 12th, 2022|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||June 1st, 2022|
|Last date of pay seat booking fee||June 6th, 2022|
|Declaration of 2nd admission list||June 16th, 2022|
|Last date of pay seat booking fee||June 20th, 2022|
|Opening and Closing of withdrawal option||June 25th – June 30th, 2022|
|Declaration of 3rd admission list||June 25th, 2022|
|Last date of pay seat booking fee||June 30th, 2022|
|Declaration of 4th and Final admission list||July 6th, 2022|
|Last date of pay seat booking fee||July 8th, 2022|
|Closure of Admission through JAM 2022||July 11th, 2022|
IIT JAM CCMN Eligibility Criteria 2022
Here are the IIT JAM CCMN eligibility criteria for the participating institutes:
- The candidates must have cleared the IIT JAM exam 2022.
- Candidates must have cleared IIT JAM Cutoffs 2022 for the respective stream.
- Candidates must have a B.Sc degree with 6.5 CGPA or 60% aggregate marks. SC/ST/PwD candidates must have scored 6.0 CGPA or 55%.
- Candidates in their final year of B.Sc can also apply for the exam if they complete the degree without any backlog in the current academic year.
IIT JAM CCMN Counselling 2022: Important Dates
Here are the IIT JAM CCMN counselling dates:
|CCMN Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Registration & Fee Payment and Online Choice Filling||First week of June, 2022|
|Last Date of Online Registration in CCMN||First week of July, 2022|
|Online Choice Locking||First week of July, 2022|
|Automatic Locking of saved choices||First week of July, 2022|
|CCMN 2022 Round 1 Seat Allotment||Second week of July, 2022|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee, Document uploading, and specifying Willingness||Second week of July, 2022|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||Third week of July 2021|
|Online Change of Willingness / Withdrawal||Second week of July, 2022|
|Payment of Seat Acceptance Fee by net banking/ debit card/credit card, etc. (other than e-challan) by the first time seat allotted candidates only||Fourth week of July, 2022|
|Round 2 of Seat Allotment||First week of August, 2022|
|Online Document Verification by officers of Allotted Institute||Second week of August,, 2022|
|Online Change of Willingness / Withdrawal for Round 2||Second week of August,, 2022|
|Round 3 of Seat Allotment||Third week of August, 2022|
|Online admission to the Finally Allotted Institute by depositing the Balance Fee online by net banking/ debit card/credit card, etc. (other than e-challan) on the CCMN portal||Second Week of August, 2022|
|CCMN 2022 National Spot Round Counselling Round for Vacant Seats||1st week of September 2022|
IIT JAM CCMN Counselling Process
Here is the complete IIT JAM CCMN counselling process:
- The first step is to register for the exam, pay the registration fees, and select preferred colleges for admissions.
- Then you must lock their choices before a specific date.
- Based on your score, IIT JAM Cutoffs, and the number of candidates who have appeared for the exam, a seat will be allotted to the candidate. The selected candidates need to submit a seat allocation fee (for first-round only)
- Then you need to submit their documents for verification. You need to submit the documents for verification online.
- There are several options available for the Acceptance/Withdrawal process. Candidates can either accept a seat or upgrade it as per their references. However, If a candidate is not satisfied with their allocated seat, you can reject the seat.
- Then you need to visit the allotted institute for document verification. After successfully verifying the document, you will have enrolled at the college.
Steps to Register for IIT JAM CCMN Counselling
Follow the steps given below to register for the IIT JAM CCMN Counselling Process:
- Visit the CCMN official website.
- Click on “IIT JAM CCMN 2022 Counselling Process.”
- Enter your initial choices of the institute and the programs.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Save the receipt for future reference.
IIT JAM CCMN Registration Fees
|General Candidates||INR 2500|
|SC/ST/PwD candidates||INR 2000|
IIT JAM CCMN Choice Locking
After paying the CCMN registration fees, candidates must lock their selected choices before the deadline.
- Before the CCMN Choice Locking last date, you can add colleges, delete colleges, and switch priorities in their list of saved colleges.
- You can lock choices anytime before the last date for CCMN choice locking. However, you cannot make any changes once you have locked the choices.
- If you do not lock choices before the deadline, the last list of colleges saved by you will be automatically located for the next counselling process.
IIT JAM CCMN Seat Allotment
Based on the IIT JAM results, cutoffs, and the number of candidates who have appeared for the exam, a seat will be allotted to the candidate.
- For the first round of seat allotment, the candidate must submit a seat allocation fee/ CCMN Seat Acceptance Fee even if they are not satisfied with the allotted seat.
- A separate CCMN Seat Allotment List would be published after every round. This list includes the candidates’ roll number, name, and seat allotted to each selected candidate.
IIT JAM CCMN Seat Acceptance Fees
|SC, ST, PwD||Rs 10,000|
Documents Required for IIT JAM CCMN Verification
You need to submit the documents for IIT JAM CCMN Document Verification. The document submission and verification process will be conducted online. The list of documents required for verification are:
- IIT JAM scorecard 2022
- Character certificate
- Provisional admission letter
- Printout of the Registration form with locked choices.
- Certificate showing Date of Birth
- Transfer certificate
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Qualifying degree certificate.
- Passport size photographs
- Demand Draft/Online Transfer receipt for the “Remaining Fees” to be paid at the admitting institute
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC with NCL)
Types of Options Available For IIT JAM CCMN
Candidates must either accept their CCMN Allocated Seat or reject it. If the candidate accepts the seat by exercising Freeze, Float, Slide options, they need to pay the balance fees (after seat acceptance/allotment fees) for the academic session. The balance fees can be paid online at the CCMN portal.
Seat Acceptance Options Available For IIT JAM CCMN
The various IIT JAM CCMN Seat Acceptance Options are as follows:
|IIT JAM 2022 Seat Acceptance Option||Detail|
|Freeze||If you want to take admission into the course and college allotted and do not want to upgrade by participating in the next counselling round.|
|Float||In the subsequent counseling round, if you want to ‘upgrade’ to a better institute. In case you are not allotted a better institute. You can accept admission for the previously allotted seat.|
|Slide||If you are satisfied with the institute but want to upgrade to a ‘better’ course within the allotted institute. In case you are not allotted a better choice. You can choose to accept admission for the previously allotted seat.|
IIT JAM CCMN Seat Rejection Options Available
If you are not satisfied with CCMN Seat Allotted, you can opt for ‘Surrender and Participate in the next round.’ Under this option, you will be considered for the next counselling round, but your claim on the current seat will be dissolved. If you are not allotted a seat in the next round, you are not eligible to take admissions on the previously CCMN Allotted Seat. For admissions, such candidates must participate in the Vacant Seat Round (CCMN Spot Round 2023).
IIT JAM CCMN Withdrawal of Application
If you want to withdraw from the IIT JAM CCMN Counselling process, you can opt for the ‘withdrawal of application form.’
- If the candidate chooses to withdraw the counselling application, they cannot participate in any round of IIT JAM Counselling. Moreover, the seat allotted to them in the current round will be reassigned to another candidate.
- The Seat Allocation Fees will also be refunded to the candidate. However, the counselling Fees will not be refunded to the candidate.
IIT JAM CCMN Participating Institutes
The list of IIT JAM Participating institutes is are:
|1||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||182|
|2||National Institute of Technology, Agartala||39|
|3.||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh||20|
|4.||National Institute of Technology, Calicut||68|
|5.||National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar||116|
|6.||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||100|
|7.||National Institute of Technology, Manipur||45|
|8.||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur||75|
|9.||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur||69|
|10.||National Institute of Technology, Silchar||75|
|11.||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar||31|
|12.||National Institute of Technology, Warangal||180|
|13.||National Institute of Technology, Sikkim||15|
|14.||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya||48|
|15.||National Institute of Technology, Nagaland||10|
|16.||National Institute of Technology, Surathkal||58|
|17.||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli||109|
|18.||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur||75|
|19.||Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur||123|
|20.||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad||25|
IIT JAM counselling process 2022 for admission to IITs and IISCs has started. The IIT JAM admission forms were released on April 9th, 2022. The last date to fill the admission form is May 11th, 2022.
IIT Roorkee will release four admission lists based on your IIT JAM exam results and education qualification. The candidates who have been selected for admissions must appear for the IIT JAM Counselling process by paying the admission fee and producing the original documents.
People are also reading: