IIT JAM 2023: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria
IIT conducts the IIT JAM exam to provide admission to M.Sc and other PG courses. Here in this post, we have explained the IIT JAM exam 2023, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, result, counselling, and more in detail.
IIT JAM 2023 Overview
- IIT Roorkee is conducting the IIT JAM counseling process 2022 from April 9 to May 11
- The JAM exam 2023 is expected to be held in February 2023.
- The exam conducting body will release the application form in September 2022 (tentatively) on the official website.
- As per the Eligibility Criteria laid down by IIT, the candidates who want to apply for the exam must have scored a minimum of 55% in their B.Sc exam. However, those who belong to SC/ST/PwD must have scored a minimum of 50% marks.
- The question paper includes 60 questions from various subjects like Geology, Biological Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, and Biotechnology.
- You need to provide a proper physical fitness certificate from a medical practitioner in the right format while applying for the exam. Those who are deemed to be unfit will not be provided admission to the college.
What is the IIT JAM exam?
IIT JAM or Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test M.Sc is conducted annually by IIT on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The main aim of this exam is to provide candidates with admission to various M.Sc and PG courses offered by the participating IITs.
IIT JAM Highlights
|Exam Name||Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||One of the IITs|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% in Bachelor’s Degree (50% for reserved categories)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
IIT JAM Exam Dates 2023
Here are the tentative IIT JAM exam dates 2023:
|Registration starts||September 2022|
|Last date to register||October 2022|
|Admit Card releases||January 2023|
|IIT JAM Exam date 2023||February 2023|
|Announcement of Result||March 2023|
|Deadline for submission of application form||1st to 3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date for recovery or rectification of defective documents||1st week of May 2023|
|Release of 1st admission list||3rd week of May 2023|
|Release of 2nd admission list||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release of 3rd admission list and final admission||June 2023|
|Closure of admissions||1st week of July 2023|
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the IIT JAM eligibility criteria to apply for the exam. Here are the eligibility criteria in detail:
- Candidates belonging to both Indian and foreign nationalities can apply for the exam.
- Those appearing for the qualifying degree’s final year exam can also register for the exam.
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA for General /OBC-NCL candidates and 50% marks or 5.0 CGPA for ST/SC/PwD can apply for the exam.
IIT JAM Application Form 2023
Candidates need to submit the IIT JAM application form via the JAM Online Application Processing System on the official website. Here are a few key points about application form:
- You need to enter your details, exam paper choice, test cities, valid ID proof, eligibility degree, and more in the application form.
- You need to upload scanned copies of your photographs, signatures, category certificates, etc.
- Once you have filled in all the details, you must pay the application fees. The application fees can only be paid online via net banking, credit card, or debit card.
|Category||Application fee (for one test paper)||For two test papers|
|Female/SC/ST||INR 750||INR 1050|
|Other Category||INT 1500||INR 2100|
Guidelines To Upload Documents
|Particulars||File Size||Dimension||Minimum Size||Maximum Size|
|Photograph||5KB-200KB||3.5 * 4.5 cm||240 * 230||480 * 640 pixels|
|Signature||5KB-100KB||2 * 7cm||80 * 120||160 * 560 pixels|
Application Form Correction
You need to know that you cannot make any changes once you have submitted the application form. However, candidates who want to change the registration form must pay extra application fees.
|Female (all categories) / ST / SC / PwD (Group 1)||Within Group 1||One or two test papers||NIL|
|All Other (Group 2)||To Group 1||One or Two test papers||NIL|
|Female (all categories) / ST / SC / PwD (Group 1)||To Group 2||One test paper Two test papers||INR 750, INR 1050|
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2023
Here is the IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2023:
|Subjects||Mathematical Statistics, Biotechnology, Geology, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Total number of questions||60 questions (Section A- 30 questions, Section B- 10 questions, and Section C- 20 questions)|
|Total marks||100 marks|
Section-Wise Exam Pattern
|Sections||No of Questions||Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section A||30||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||10 *1 + 20*2= 50|
|Section B||10||Multiple Select Questions (MCQs)||10*2=20|
|Section C||20||Numerical Answer Type||10*1+10*2=30|
IIT JAM Syllabus
Here is the subject-wise IIT JAM Syllabus 2023 in detail:
Geomorphology, Paleontology, Petrology, Mineralogy, The Planet Earth, Structural Geology, etc.;
Biological Sciences Syllabus
Basics of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, General Biology, Biophysics; Chemistry & Biology (10+2+3 level), Physics& Mathematics (10+2);
Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry;
\Functions of One, Two, and Three Real Variable, Sequence and Series of Real Numbers, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, etc.
Sequence and Series, Mathematical Methods, Oscillations, Electricity and Magnetism, Kinetic theory, Waves and Optics, Devices and Electronics, Thermodynamics, Calculus, Matrices, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Probability, etc.
IIT JAM Admit Card 2023
IIT JAM Admit Card will be available a few weeks before the exam on the official website. Admit Card contains details like Name, Photograph, Registration Number, Signature, Code of Test Paper, Exam Center, etc.
Candidates have to bring the downloaded admit card along with the original & valid photo identification to the examination centre. You will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without the same.
IIT JAM Answer Key 2023
IIT JAM Answer Key will be released in March 2023. The candidates can download the answer key online from the official website. Follow the steps given below to download the answer key.
- Go to IIT JAM official website.
- Click on the ‘ANSWER KEY’ link on the website.
- Login by entering your application number and other required information.
- The answer key for each paper will be displayed on the screen.
- You can download the same in PDF format and save it for future reference.
IIT JAM Cut off 2023 (Expected)
IIT JAM Cut off 2023 (expected) has been given below based on previous year cut-offs:
|Subject||General Category||SC/ST Category||OBC Category|
Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test M.Sc is conducted annually by IIT on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The main aim of this exam is to provide candidates with admission to various M.Sc and PG courses.
The official notification 2023 is yet to be released. However, the exam will be conducted in February 2023 (Tentatively).
If you plan to prepare for the exam, here is everything you need to know about the JAM 2023 exam.
People are also reading:
Download from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gfk4FHZ6-1EJP1a_FBcWj6Hya7iOOVMG