UKPSC Preparation Tips: How to Prepare For UKPSC Exam?
The Uttarakhand government holds civil service examinations to find candidates who are eager to work for the government and give it their all. Candidates must begin with strategic planning in order to pass the UKPSC exam. So, in this article, you will find UKPSC preparation tips, such as how to begin and what your strategy should be. The first step to preparing for any exam is to focus on and aim for that specific exam.
So let us get started!
UKPSC Preparation Tips
1. Prepare a suitable timetable
- Create the study plan according to the UKPSC syllabus available on the official website.
- Set a timetable according to the subjects. When you are dividing the time slot, kindly judge your sitting capability in hours.
- Try to give a minimum of 2 hours for one subject.
- Start solving UKPSC previous question papers.
- Be focused and collect all the information about the related exams.
2. Choose the right study material
Study material will play an important role in your selection preparation. Always prefer smart study and never mug up your notes. Because in civil service preparation, connectivity with all subjects is the most important thing.
- Check the syllabus and subject materials, and then start your preparation.
- Use the NCERT books and the best quantitative aptitude book for you.
- All notes, books (always prefer Lucent or Arihant publications), magazines for current affairs and, most importantly, Uttarakhand General Knowledge. 40% of the syllabus will be covered by state information only.
- Read about Uttarakhand’s general books and current affairs.
- Focus on the topics like the economy, politics, international affairs, etc. within the magazine.
- Collect the previous question papers, unsolved papers, and mock papers and solve them.
- Always prefer a famous writer’s book and try to avoid local books.
3. Proper Time Management
Time management is an important part of our lives. It is the key to success, so maintain your time during the study.
- Make short notes while you study because it will be helpful during revision.
- Write down formulae that you find difficult to remember so that they are handy for revision.
- Keep the solved problems and notes separately indexed so that you can refresh and revise later when required.
4. Maintain Good Health:
Good health matters a lot when it comes to excelling in any examination. So take care of your health and avoid everything that can make you sick. Drink a lot and lots of water. While preparing for an exam, students forget to take care of their health. So remember to maintain your health by following the tips below.
- Consume a nutritious diet.
- Eat fresh vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid junk food.
- If you are stressed after long hours of studying, it is recommended that you play some sports or listen to soft music every now and then.
- You can do yoga and meditation to relax your body and mind.
- Take a nap for at least seven hours per day.
Revision is very important before the examination, as it helps you recall many things that might have slipped from your mind.
- Try to complete the syllabus on time so that you will get enough time for revision.
- Most of the revision is done in the last one-two month of the examination, but UKPSC demands daily revision.
- On a daily basis, give 15 minutes for revision.
- The regular revision will retain your memory power.
- Keep a check on your performance; it is not compulsory to directly jump into the previous UKPSC question on the topic you just finished. You can try to solve some examples in model papers also.
- Do not start a new topic in the last stage of preparation.
6. Best UKPSC Books
1) For History:
|Ancient History||Medieval History||Modern History||World History|
|Ancient India – (NCERT) – (Prof. R.S. Sharma)||Medieval India – (NCERT) – (Satish Chandra)||Modern India (NCERT) – (Bipan Chandra)||The story of Civilization – Vol. 2 (NCERT) – (Arjun Dev)|
|Ancient India – An Introductory Outline (D.N. Jha)||Medieval India (Macmillan) – (Satish Chandra)||India’s Struggle For Independence – (Bipan Chandra)||Contemporary World History – (NCERT) – (Arjun Dev & others)|
|History of India – Vol. I (Romila Thapar)||Medival India – Volume I & Volume II – (Satish Chandra)||Gandhi – (B.R. Nanda)||The Mainstream of Civilization – (Strayer, Gatzke & Harbison)|
|Material culture & Social Formation in Ancient India – (R.S. Sharma)||The Advanced History of India – (Majumdar, Raychaudhuri & Datta)||Freedom Struggle (NBT) – (Bipan Chandra & others)||Europe Since Napoleon – (David Thompson)|
|Indian Feudalism – (R.S. Sharma)||–||Modern India – (Sumit Sarkar)||–|
|Ancient India – (L.Mukherjee)||–||–||–|
2) For Geography:
- Indian and World Geography – (Hussain)
- Geography of India – (Majid Hussain)
- Geography – (Surender Singh)
- Physical Geography – (Savindra Singh)
- Environmental Awareness – (R.C.Chandna)
- Indian Economy – (Dutt and Sundaram)
- India Year Book, published by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
3) For Political Science:
- Indian Constitution – Bare Act – Ministry of Law and Justice
- An Introduction to the Constitution of India – (D.D. Basu)
- Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations – (M. Laxmikanth)
- A History of Political thought – (J.P. Suda)
- A History of Political thought – (Subrata Mukherjee, Susheela Ramaswamy)
4) For Indian Economy:
- An Evolution of Indian Economy – (I.C. Dhingra)
- Economic Survey of India by Govt. of India
- Indian Economy – (Dutta and Sundara)
- Indian Economy – (Mishra and Puri)
5) For Current Affair:
- Hindu and Economic Times Newspapers
- Frontline, Political & Economic Weeks Periodicals
- India Year Book
The Uttarakhand government holds civil service examinations to find candidates who are eager to work for the government and give it their all. Candidates must begin with strategic planning in order to pass the UKPSC recruitment exam.
Here are some of the effective UKPSC preparation tips which will help you clear the examination with good marks and achieve your goals.
All the best for your exam!
People are also reading:
Sir, can you please suggest me the best book for Uttarakhand psc Exam Preparation.