The XAT is a very popular, national-level management aptitude entrance exam. Every year, thousands of students appear in the XAT exam to get the b-school of their dreams. Due to a large number of candidates, the competition level of the exam is very high. The students need to have a very solid preparation in order to crack this exam. Therefore, we have curated the Best XAT Preparation Tips, which will help the students clear this exam with flying colours.
XAT Preparation Tips 2021
The candidates must follow the below-given tips to prepare for the XAT 2021:
- Create your time table for XAT Exam and followed it correctly.
- Analyze the subject wise topics and collect the syllabus.
- Collect information about the complete XAT Exam Syllabus and divide them equally as per your time so that every minor topic should get covered in your study plans.
- Gather the mock papers and previous question papers and solved it.
- Clear the all basic concepts.
- Students must give equal weightage to all the subjects and prepare for them as per your prepared time-table.
- Include short breaks of 15 minutes between long hours of study.
- Maintaining a proper schedule for every task that you do can lead you to success.
- Divide the time for all subjects (Verbal and Logical Ability, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning, Essay writing and General Knowledge ).
XAT Verbal & Logical Ability
Preparation tips for Verbal
- Try to attempt the Reading Comprehension at the beginning and quickly.
- To increase your vocabulary, you should read more and more books and a dictionary.
- Read newspapers, magazines and articles daily.
- Candidates should work on improving your grammar part and practice reading a lot.
- Collect Mock papers and solve it.
- Practice at least 20-30 comprehension passages every day.
- Read English newspaper and watch English news channels daily for English Language Preparation.
- Vocabulary- Daily search new word and check the meaning and make the sentences with the antonym.
- Vocabulary based questions like synonyms, antonyms, are knowledge-based questions and can be answered correctly if and only if the meaning of the words are known.
Preparation tips for Logical Ability
- It is logic-based questions, and there is no formula to be used.
- Give some seconds over a question and read it carefully.
- Regular practice is the most important for XAT Exam and improves your speed.
- Apply common sense and understanding the subjects and logic questions.
- Candidate should try to solve 4-50 questions on each topic and more practice for reasoning questions and apply your logic.
- Candidate needs to pay special attention to words like ALL, SOME, NONE, OTHER THAN, UNLESS or ONLY. These words can lead to a false assumption.
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
Preparation tips for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Clearing the basic concepts is the first step when it comes to preparing for QA & DI section of XAT.
- Quantitative aptitude is the most time-consuming section of the exam.
- Data Interpretation is an essential part and should be your preference.
- Try to learn shortcut tricks to save time in bulky calculations.
- Focus on important topics only.
- Spend more time with these topics- Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-problems. These are easy topics and good scoring topics.
- Some topics are scoring but take more times to solve; these topics are- Profit and loss, number series, mensuration, number systems, speed and distance, etc.
- Learn all the essential formulas and time yourself while practising.
XAT Decision Making & Analytical Reasoning
Preparation tips for Decision Making and Analytical Reasoning
- Decision making is different from logical ability.
- Candidates need to follow a logical approach for solving the questions asked in the decision making section.
- This section can be divided into two parts – single questions passage and multiple questions passage.
- Single questions passage are more comfortable to solve and are straightforward.
XAT Easy Writing
Preparation tips for Essay Writing
- Candidates must make sure that the essay has a proper structure.
- It should start with an introduction, must have a body and should end with a conclusion.
- Try to learn shortcut tricks to save time.
- Highlights the main points in the essay writing.
- Using the Right Words and Facts:
- Read General Awareness Pratiyogita Darpan or any other current affairs magazine like CST, Chronicle or Wizard.
- Read the newspaper on a daily basis.
- The correct usage of words can leave a positive impression in the mind of the examiner and help the candidate to gain higher marks in the XAT exam.
XAT General Knowledge
Preparation tips for General Knowledge
- Candidate must follow a national newspaper in order to keep them updated about the happenings of the world because general awareness plays a very important part of the exam.
- General Awareness is a very scoring section, and it is less time-consuming.
- Candidates should read newspaper or e-paper to by this you can increase your general knowledge.
- Concentrate on topics like Current Affairs (National and International), Major Financial/ Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Who is who?, Sports, Book and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations & Important Days etc.
It plays a vital role in the preparation of XAT Exam. Before starting preparation, you have to create a time-table that covers all your subjects/topics.
- During preparation, never ignore your health, so maintain your health.
- Take fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid junk food and heavy diet.
- At the time of preparation do yoga and meditation, it will help you to calm your mind, increasing inner peace, confidence and power of concentration.
- Never over stress yourself and try to get sleep for at least six to eight hours.
- Make sure you revise every topic thoroughly and prepare well every topic by revising time and again.
- Try to complete syllabus in time so that you will get enough time for revision.
- Keep a check on your performance; it is compulsory to directly jump upon the previous XAT question on the topic you just finished. You can try to solve some examples in model papers also.
- Do not start a new topic in the last stage of preparation.
- Allot last two days of examination for the preparation of important topics.
- Prepare a separate revision plan for last-minute preparations.
- At last revised all primary topics.