VIT University is the conducting authority for this university-level entrance examination. VITEEE is known as the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination. VIT conducts this exam to take admissions into four years B.Tech courses in the Chennai & Vellore campus of the VIT University. The conducting authority does it 118 cities across India. VITEEE exam is held in online mode only. Here you will get complete information about the VITEEE Exam 2020.
VITEEE Exam Highlights
VITEEE Exam Dates
The complete VITEEE Exam Dates have been tabulated below:
|Application Form available from||27 September 2019|
|Application Form Filling Last Date||To be notified soon|
|The last time to edit the online application||To be notified soon|
|Slot Booking Starts||To be notified soon|
|Admit Card Availability||To be notified soon|
|Date of Exam||29 July to 2 August 2020|
|Result Declaration||To be notified soon|
|Counselling Started||To be notified soon|
VITEEE Application Form
- VITEEE Application Form is available via both online and offline mode.
- It is available on the official website of the exam.
- The authority provides offline application form to designated post offices & candidates can also avail them from the VIT university campus.
- The application form was made available from 27 September 2019.
- While filling the application form, the candidates must read the instructions carefully.
- The application process consists of three steps:
- Fill personal and educational and family details in the application form.
- Upload scanned images in the application form.
- Make payment for the application fee via offline mode(e-challan) or online mode(Credit Card/Debit Card)
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory for the registration process, and the candidates must submit a copy of their Aadhaar Card to the conducting authority.
- The candidates must take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Those who pay the fee via DD must send a hard copy of the filled application form to the authorities. They need to submit application form either by Registered Post or Speed Post in the given address:
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India
VITEEE Application Fee
Those who are submitting their application fee via offline mode need pay Rs. 1200 & those who are sending their application fee via online mode Rs. 1150. The price is non-refundable. The authority will not refund the application fee in any condition.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are seeking admission to VIT’s Campuses need to appear for VITEEE Exam. For this, they need to check their eligibility criteria before proceeding with the application form. The VITEEE Eligibility Criteria is mentioned below:
- The applicant must be a Resident/Non-Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder.
- Those who are from outside of India can apply via the Foreign National Application form.
2. Age Criteria
- Those who born on or after 1 July 1998 are eligible.
3. Qualification Criteria
- Those who have qualified class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized board can apply.
- Candidates must have passed/appeared in the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology.
- Candidates must have scored 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST & North Eastern State) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology put together.
- Those who study with regular and full-time courses will be eligible.
- NIOS candidates also can apply.
- Those who are currently appearing for the qualifying examination also eligible.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
For appearing any exam, candidates need to check the VITEEE Exam Pattern, which will give them an idea about the exam. So here we have listed the marking scheme, mode of examination, type of questions and other such vital details:
- The pattern of Exam: CBT (Computer Based Test).
- Language: English
- Question Type: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: Total of 125 questions
- No. of Sections: Five sections (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Aptitude & English).
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours 30 minutes and conducted in 3 sessions per day (Morning Session I – 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM), (Noon Session II – 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM) & (Evening Session III – 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be provided.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Maths / Biology||40||40|
The conducting authority has released the VITEEE Syllabus previously, which consists of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics, Aptitude & English subjects. The syllabus is prepared from the class 11th and class 12th syllabus of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) & State Board of Higher Secondary Education. Through the program, the candidates get to know about the topics from which the questions will be asked in the test paper.
VITEEE Preparation Tips
The candidates can follow the below given VITEEE Preparation Tips to ace this exam:
- Review the exam pattern & syllabus of VITEEE before starting the preparation.
- Make a proper time table according to your syllabus and routine.
- Solve last year question papers as well as sample papers.
- Attempt mock tests which are designed by the conducting authority.
- Try to find your strengths and week points, and make a study plan accordingly.
- Only a single concept works here, i.e., practice, practice & more practice.
- Take proper rest and revise daily.
VITEEE Slot Booking
VIT provides a new facility to the candidates where they will able to books their exam slot. Candidates can book their exam dates and timing according to their preferences. The whole process is based on a ‘first-come, first-served basis.’ If in case candidates forget to book their exam slot, then it will be reserved automatically by the given details. Once candidates book their exam slot, then they can not change it.
VITEEE Admit Card
The authority releases the Admit Card once the slot booking process is over. Candidates need to download the admit card from the official website via online mode, and they advised to take a copy of the printout for examination purposes. Once it is generated, the candidates must cross-verify it with their original documents. In case of any discrepancies, the candidates need to contact the authority. Candidates will also receive the admit card on their registered email address. Admit card contains the following details:
- Admit card number
- Exam date & time selected by the candidate
- The venue of the exam
- Candidate photograph
The authority will release the VITEEE Result after the successful conduction of the exam. The candidates can check their result from the official website, which is @vit.ac.in. The authority will not send it via post or through offline mode. The candidate’s rank will be sent through SMS. Based on marks obtained by the candidates in the exam, the authority will prepare the merit list.
Once the VIT University declares the result, they will also release the cut-off marks, which are the minimum marks required for candidates to qualify the VITEEE Exam. A candidate who qualifies the cut off will get admission in their preferred choice of college. VIT also release campus wise and branch wise cut off. Those who are seeking to gain access to VIT’s Campuses need to score more than or equal to the reduction off marks.
The VIT university offers scholarships under the “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP). Here you can find the details of the award:
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver|
- Counseling procedure will be done through online mode, which is organized by the conducting authority.
- Those who successfully cleared the exam will be called for the counseling procedure.
- The authority will allot seats to the candidates based on performance in VITEEE (Rank in VITEEE).
- Those who secure seats and accept the branch allotted by the counseling conducting authority must submit the admission fee through DD in favor of ‘VIT University,’ payable at Vellore.
People are also reading: