JEE Main Exam Pattern: NTA will conduct JEE Main 2020 from January 6th to January 11th, 2020, for January Session and from April 3rd to April 9th 2020 for April Session. JEE Main 2020 is a top level engineering entrance examination conducted for admissions to UG engineering programmes into 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 23 CFTIs. JEE Main Paper 1 is conducted for admission to B.Tech programmes while Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B.Arch/B.Planning programmes. JEE Main is also the eligibility test for JEE Advanced for admissions to 23 IITs. Candidates can avail a maximum of any number of attempts for JEE Main 2020. Candidates who have passed or are appearing for Class 12 exam can apply for JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020, Check For Paper 1 & Paper 2
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020 indicates the question paper pattern off JEE Main exam. The exam pattern of JEE Main 2020 shows details of the number of questions asked, duration of exam, mode of exam, and other specifications.
Mode of paper for JEE Main 2020
The exam is being hold in online and offline modes. While filling the JEE Main application form 2020, you must select appropriate mode accordingly.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 will be different based on whether the candidate is appearing for Paper I or Paper II. The pattern of each paper is discussed in detail below.
JEE Main Exam Pattern – Paper 1
Here you can check the JEE Main Exam Pattern for Paper 1:
- Mode of Exam: Pen & Paper based (offline) or Computer Based Test (CBT/Online)
- Duration of the Exam: The total time is 3 hours
- Subjects: Candidates will be tested in 3 subjects namely – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Questions will be asked from the given JEE Main syllabus 2020
- Total Number of questions: A total of 90 questions will be asked in the JEE Main 2020 Paper 1. Each section will have 30 questions each
- Type of Questions: Only objective type questions will be asked. Each question will have four options out of which one will be correct
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks. Every wrong answer will fetch -1 mark while any answer with no response will not be given any marks
- Total Marks awarded: The paper will be set for 360 marks.
- Language / Medium of question paper: All candidates will be given the option to write the JEE Main exam in English or Hindi except for candidates from Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli who can opt for Gujarati.
Also Check :
- JEE Mains Paper Analysis.
- JEE Mains Important topics.
- Best books for JEE Mains.
- JEE Mains Syllabus.
- JEE Mains Preparation Tips.
JEE Main Exam Pattern – Paper 2
Here you can check the JEE Main Exam Pattern for Paper 2:
- Mode of Exam: The JEE Main 2020 exam will be held in pen and paper mode only.
- Duration of the Exam: The total time given to students to complete the exam is 3 hours.Subjects: Candidates will be tested in Mathematics, General aptitude and drawing skills.
- Total Number of questions: The total number of questions asked in the exam are 82 out of which Mathematics will have 50 questions, Aptitude will have 20 questions and the drawing will have 2 questions
- Type of Questions: While Mathematics and Aptitude will have objective type questions, the drawing will have questions that will test the candidates in their drawing and sketching capabilities.
- Marking Scheme: While the objective questions will be awarded 4 marks for a correct answer and a negative mark of -1 for every wrong answer, the drawing questions will be for a total of 70 marks but the marks for each question will be mentioned along with the question only.
- Total Marks awarded: The question paper will be for 390 marks in total.
- Language / Medium of question paper: Candidates will have the choice of writing the paper in English or Hindi, candidates from Gujarat, Diu& Daman, Dadra & Nagar Haveli can choose to write the exam in Gujarati.
Complete Exam day Schedule
Here we will listed the exam schedule.
JEE Main 2020 –January Session
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||30th September 2019|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||1st October 2019|
|Application correction window||11th – 17th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 11th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||31st January 2020|
JEE Main 2020 – April Session
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Image correction window opens||In the month of February 2020|
|Availability of mock test||In the month of February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||7th March 2020|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||2nd week of March 2020|
|Downloading of Admit card||16th March 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||3rd – 9th April 2020|
|Announcement of Result||30th April 2020|