Time management is the most important tips to cracking any exam but when it is all about the government exam then we need much more preparation. We had a talk with some previous candidates who cracked SSC CGL with good marks then they tell us all about the exam and how they crack and what are things which create huge amount of problem in front of them. Then a common problem arises i.e. to manage time at preparation time as well exam time. Here we are listed best SSC CGL preparation tips.
SSC CGL preparation Tips:
Every year conducts CGL (combined graduate level) exam to fill various seats in government departments. Every year candidates prepare for SSC CGL Exam without coaching and self-study. At least 3 months preparation is necessary for cracking SSC CGL Tier. So prepare the SSC CGL exam with self study and considered the exam pattern.
The four fundamental topics of SSC are-
- General English
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
Be ready with the SSC CGL Tier I 2017 Exam Pattern
The SSC CGL Tier I 2018 Exam Pattern has been given below.
For VH &
Study plan –
- Create your own time table and followed it.
- divide the time for all subjects.
- Gather the all previous papers and solve it.
- Manage your time.
- Always start the paper with the easier sections like General Awareness. Complete all the other sections before moving to the Quantitative Aptitude Section.
Begin your General Intelligence And Reasoning preparation here
- Collect the previous question papers and solved them.
- Improve your speed for reasoning.
- manage the time
- Practice 50-100 General Intelligence and Reasoning Questions everyday.
- More practice for General Intelligence.
- You will have practiced at least 2000 questions of GI and reasoning before actual exam.
Then preparation your Quantitative Aptitude
- The Quantitative Aptitude may be the most difficult and time consuming section among all the sections of the Tier I paper.
- It also comprises of 25 questions worth 2 marks each. You should invest no more than 25 minutes in this section.
- This section is related to Arithmetic, Simplification, Number System, Trigonometry, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Average, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Probability, Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Number Series etc. are asked in this section.
- Clear the concept and formulas.
- Spend more time with these topics- Simplification, interest, percentages, ratio and proportion and age-problems. These are easy topics and good scoring topics.
- Some topics are scoring but take more times to solve, these topics are- Profit and loss, number series, mensuration, number systems, speed and distance, etc.
- Learn all the important formulas and time yourself while practicing.
Then preparation your English Language
- Try to attempt the Reading Comprehension at the beginning and quickly.
- Read newspapers, magazines and articles on daily basis.
- Candidates should work on improving your grammar part and practice reading a lot.
- Collect Mock papers and solve it.
- Practice at least 10-20 comprehension passages everyday.
- Vocabulary- Daily search new word and check the meaning and make the sentences with antonym and
- More focus on topics:
- Sentence Improvement
- Reading comprehension
- One-word substitution
- Spotting Errors
Then preparation of General Awareness
- Solve last year papers.
- updated with current affairs and daily news events.
- If you are well prepared in this section, it would take you no more than 10-15 minutes in attempting the entire section.
- Only attempt those questions which you are sure about.
- You can save the time in General Awareness.
- Collect the information about Culture, Indian History, Geography (India+World), Environment, Economy and Polity.