INSPIRE is the abbreviation for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research. Inspire Scholarship is an initiative by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for the candidates who are interested and want to make a future in Science and technology. This program is directed towards the candidates who are pursuing their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees in Natural or Basic Sciences. DST distributes these scholarships to 100000 students every year. The students selected under this scholarship receive financial aid of up to INR 80,000/year for their education.
|Scholarship Name||INSPIRE (for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research)|
|Provided By||Department of Science and Technology (DST)|
|Provided to||1 lac students|
|Fund Provided||INR 80K/Year|
|Official Website||www.online-inspire.gov.in/ www.dst.gov.in|
The official notification of the scholarship is usually released in the month of October and the process concludes in December. The scholarship is conducted annually. The schedule of the events related to the Inspire Scholarship have been tabulated below:
|Online Application Process Begins from||01 November 2020|
|Application Process Concludes||31 December 2020|
|Release of the list of shortlisted candidates||April-May 2020|
The candidates must fulfill some eligibility criteria which are devised by the scholarship providing authority of the scholarship. Only the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be able to avail of the benefits of the scholarship. The complete eligibility criteria have been mentioned below:
- The candidate applying for the scholarship must be between the age of 17 to 22.
- The candidate must be among the top 1% in terms of aggregate marks in the Class XII board exam.
- The candidate applying for the scholarship must be enrolled in courses of Natural and Basic Sciences at the BSc, BS, and Integrated MSc/MS level in the same year as that of passing class XII
- The applicants who are among the top 10,000 rankers in JEE, AIEEE, NEET (top 20K rankers) who have opted to study Natural/Basic Sciences are also eligible.
- The candidates IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS at the University of Mumbai for pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are also eligible.
- KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS scholars who have opted to study Natural/Basic Sciences are also eligible.
How to Apply for Inspire Scholarship?
Filling the application form can be a tricky process and many candidates feel stuck in the step. The candidates who wish to apply for the Inspire Scholarship can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of Inspire
- Click on the “Scholarship” section on the home page
- Click on the “Inspire Scholarship 2020” Link
- Read all the instructions and click on Sign In
For Fresh Users:
- If you haven’t already registered yourself on the website, click on “register here”.
- Enter basic details in the registration form such as your name, email address and mobile number.
- Now, log into the website using your credentials.
For Existing Users:
- If you have already registered on the website, log in using your credentials.
- Fill the Application Form of Inspire with the utmost care and concentration so that you make no mistake.
- Upload the scanned copies of your photograph and other relevant documents
- Submit the application form.
Subjects Covered under Inspire Scholarship
The following subjects fall under the umbrella of the Inspire Scholarship:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Marine Biology
- Oceanic Sciences
Documents required to apply for Inspire Scholarship
The candidates must keep the following documents handy before filling the application form:
|Document Required||File Type||File Size|
|Passport size photograph||JPEG||Less than or equal to 50 KB|
|Community/caste certificate (If applicable)||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
|Eligibility note or advisory note if provided by the State/Central Board (If applicable)||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
|Class XII Marksheet||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
|Class X Marksheet||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
|Certificate specifying rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists (If applicable)||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
|Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
|The first page of candidate’s SBI bank passbook||Less than or equal to 1 MB|
Previous Year Cutoff of Inspire Scholarship for Respective Boards (2018)
People are also reading: