NDA Selection Process 2023: Check Detailed Exam Procedure Here
- National Defence Academy (1) Examination will be conducted on April 2023, and the result is expected to be released in the month of June 2023.
- National Defence Academy (2) will be conducted on September 2023, and the result is expected to be released in the month of November 2023.
UPSC conducts the NDA Examination for enrolling students in the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force. There are specific steps of phases that a candidate must qualify to clear the NDA exam.
In this article, you will get complete information about the NDA selection process.
NDA Selection Process 2023
The NDA Selection process involves 2 stages – a written test and SSB Interview. A candidate who clears the first stage will be called for the next. The details regarding the written exam are given below:
- The written exam comprises two subjects – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT).
- The total marks of written exam are 900.
- The test will be held for 2 ½ hours.
- The test paper will have objective type questions.
- The language of the question paper for both the subjects will be set in Hindi and English.
- Candidates must at least secure 25% NDA selection marks in each subject of the written exam.
NDA Selection Procedure 2023 – SSB Interview
After conducting the written exam, UPSC prepares a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying NDA selection process marks as decided by the commission. The candidates who clear the first stage will be called to appear for the next stage i.e. SSB Interview. In this stage, a candidate will be analyzed on Officers Potentiality. Candidate needs to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) if he has applied for the Air Force.
- SSB Interview consists of a two-stage selection process – Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
- Selected candidates need to report to the Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards.
- Such candidates need to undergo the stage-one test at the respective selection centers.
- Candidates qualifying for the stage one test will be selected for the second stage.
Candidates who qualify stage two are required to submit the original certificates along with one photocopy of the following certificates –
- Pass Certificate of Class 10 or equivalent certificate in support of date of birth.
- Pass Certificate of Class 12 or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Day-wise SSB Interview
|Day 1||Picture Perception* test and Description Test|
|Day 2||Psychology Tests|
|Day 3||Group Testing Officers Task|
Documents Required for NDA Selection Process 2023
The candidates selected for the interview are required to carry and later on submit the following documents to the academy for verification. Candidates claiming admission under reserved categories should carry the relevant documents.
All the documents should be carried in original as well as Photostat copies. Failure to carry any of the necessary documents could lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Original 10+2 or Class 12th passing certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Certificate of Eligibility for certain categories of students.
- Category or Caste certificate applicable to SC, ST, OBC, etc.
- Identity and Address Proof
NDA Selection Process 2023 – Final Merit List
- To acclimate in Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force through NDA, candidates need to make sure about the base NDA cut-off 2023 marks endorsed by UPSC. Candidates must score the cut-off independently in the written test and the SSB Interview.
- If you have applied for the Air Force, you need to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS).
- The candidate’s final selection will be done according to the opportunities exposed to their NDA qualification, clinical wellness, and merit-cum-preference of candidates.
NDA Selection Procedure 2023 – Terms for candidate’s disqualification
- On not having official qualities and not suitable on disciplinary grounds for the NDA or 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy, then the candidate can be rejected at this stage.
- Earlier, if any candidate who applied for NDA or Indian Naval Academy was rejected on medical terms or left intentionally. This time the candidate will get a chance to get admission if they clear the medical test.
NDA is a reputed examination and a dream of thousands to serve the country.
This article gives you an in-depth detail about the NDA selection process in 2023.
We hope the information helps you clarify the topic and broaden your knowledge base.
Good luck with your preparations!
People are also reading:
- NDA Exam Centers
- NDA Preparation Tips
- NDA Exam Pattern
- NDA Application Form
- NDA Admit Card
- Best Youtube Channel for UPSC Preparation
NDA Selection Process 2023 FAQs
Q: How to Apply for the UPSC NDA exam?
A: Candidates can apply from the official website of UPSC.
Q: Who conducted the NDA Exam?
A: UPSC will conduct the NDA Exam
Q: Is the NDA Application form is available offline?
A: No, UPSC NDA Application Form is available in online mode only.
Q: How many stages in UPSC NDA SSB?
A: There are two stages in UPSC NDA SSB.
Q: What is the age limit for appearing in the NDA exam?
A: yes, there is an age limit for the NDA exam, check official notification.
Q: What is the minimum qualification marks for the NDA exam?
A: The candidates must secure at least 25% marks in each subject.