TANCET is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Anna University annually. The main aim of this exam is to provide admission to post-graduate M.E, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Plan, courses offered by over 200 colleges in Tamil Nadu.
This post explains the TANCET exam 2023 in detail, including the exam pattern, syllabus, application form, cutoff, counseling process, etc.
TANCET Latest Updates
- The Directorate of Technical Education, Chennai, has extended the TANCET registration.
- The application fee has been increased to INR 800 for general category candidates and INR 400 for reserved category candidates.
- Those who want to appear for the exam must have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% in the relevant discipline.
- The TANCET exam for MBA and MCA will be conducted on May , 2023, in two different slots.
- M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M. Plan courses exam will be conducted on May, 2023.
- There are no changes in the TANCET Exam Pattern 2023. The question paper includes 100 questions and the total time to answer the questions is 2 hours.
|Exam Name||TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% ( 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)|
|Programs||M.Tech, M.E, MBA, M.Plan, M.Arch, MCA|
|Official website||tancet. annauniv.edu|
|Application Fees||₹600/- for each program(₹300/- for SC/ST)|
|Admission Process||Entrance Examination/Lateral Entry|
|Reservation||Reservation benefits will only be provided to Tamil Nadu domicile students. Students from other states can also apply.|
TANCET Exam Dates 2023
Here are the complete TANCET exam dates 2023:
|Registration commences||To be notified soon|
|Last date to register||To be notified soon|
|Admit card release date||To be notified soon|
|TANCET Exam dates (MBA and MCA)||To be notified soon|
|TANCET Exam Dates (ME/MArch/MTech)||To be notified soon|
|Declaration of Result||To be notified soon|
|Scorecard releases||To be notified soon|
|Counselling starts||To be notified soon|
TANCET Eligibility Criteria 2023
Those who want to appear for the exam must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria provided by the conducting authorities. Candidates must have completed their bachelor’s degree with at least 50% in the exam (45% for the reserved category).
The eligibility criteria are different for each course. Here are the course-wise TANCET eligibility criteria:
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% marks ( 45% for reserved categories)|
|MCA||Bachelor’s degree in BCA or B.Sc or any other bachelor’s degree with mathematics in 10+2 or Graduation|
|M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/M.Plan||Bachelor’s degree in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch or B.Pharm or Masters degree in Science/Arts|
Apart from the above eligibility criteria, you can also seek admission based on the following criteria:
- 10+2+3/4/5 years pattern
- 10+3 Diploma +3 years pattern
- 10+2+ AMIE
- 10+3 YEAR diploma + AMIE
Note: Students admitted in lateral degree courses are not eligible except for B.E, B. Tech, and MCA degree courses.
TANCET Application Form 2023
Candidates must submit the TANCET application form online on the official website. The registration closed on April, 2023. The application fees for either of the programs like MBA/MCA/ M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.plan is INR 800 (400 for reserved category candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu).
If you want to register for more than one course, you need to pay an additional fee of INR 600 (300 for reserved category candidates).
Steps For TANCET Registration 2023
- Go to TANCET official website
- Click on New Registration for TANCET 2023.
- Enter all the required personal, education, and course details. A unique registration number will be generated for further purposes.
Documents Required for TANCET Application Form
- 10th standard Mark Sheet
- 12th mark sheet or Diploma certificate
- Qualifying degree certificate, provisional certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Valid GATE 2020/2021/2022 scorecard for Engineering/Technology Engineering Science-XE/ Life Science-XL
- TANCET Admit Card
- Permanent Community Certificate
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
TANCET Admit Card 2023
The TANCET Admit Card will be released on May, 2023 (tentatively). Candidates who have registered for the exam can download the hall ticket from the Anna University official website.
- To download the admit card, you need to enter your user id and password.
- The hall ticket includes all the details regarding the exam centre and the exam schedule.
- If you face any discrepancy in downloading the admit card, you should immediately report it to the exam authorities.
TANCET Exam Centres 2023
The exam will be conducted in 14 cities. However, Anna University can change any allotted TANCET exam centres. Candidates need to choose one of the exam centres based on their preferences:
TANCET Exam Pattern 2023
TANCET Exam Pattern includes the number of questions, type of questions, marking scheme, etc.
The question paper has 100 MCQs to be answered in 2 hours. One mark is awarded for each correct answer. Moreover, there is a negative marking of ⅓ for each wrong answer. The exam will be conducted in English and Tamil language.
Course-Wise Exam Pattern
|Course||Number of questions|
|M.E/M.Tech/ M.Arch/M.Plan||Part I- 20|
|Part III- 60|
- The total number of questions for MBA/MCA courses is 100, and M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/M. Plan is 105.
- If you have selected more than one option, then it will be considered a wrong answer, and ⅓ will be deducted for each wrong answer.
TANCET Syllabus 2023
The TANCET Syllabus 2023 is different for each course. Here is the detailed syllabus:
|MBA||Business Analytics, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency|
|MCA||Quantitative Aptitude, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness|
|M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/M.Plan||Part I- Engineering Mathematics, Part II- Basic Engineering and Science, Part III- Specialised Subject|
TANCET Result 2023
TANCET Result will be declared in the 4th week of August 2023 on the official. The rank list will be released separately for different categories. – GATE, TANCET, and sponsored category. The post-graduation degree programs will be offered by Anna university in the following colleges:
- University department
- University College of Engineering
- Regional campuses of Anna university
- Annamalai university
- Government Universities
- Other Government aided universities
- Candidates can also get admission in specific private and self-financing institutions through the exam.
Normalization of Marks
The normalization of marks For M.E/ M.Tech/M. Arch and M.Plan will be done based on the following criteria:
- The M.E/M.Tech/M. Arch and M.Plan question paper includes Part I- Engineering Mathematics, Part II- Basic Engineering and Science, and Part III- Specialisation subject.
- The average marks obtained in Part IIII will vary for each course. In this case, normalization of scores will be done based on the formula:
Computed Marks of Part III = (X +r )m
where x- adjustment factor, r is the raw mark obtained, and m is the multiplication factor. This method will give the relative ranking of the candidate.
- The result will include the candidates’ percentage score, which will be calculated considering the number of students who obtained fewer marks than the candidate and the total number of students who appeared in the examination.
- The percentage will be calculated by using the formula =(Y/N)*1000
TANCET Cut Off 2023
The TANCET cutoff 2023 will be released on the official website after the results have been declared. The cutoff will be different for all the courses. A separate cut-off will be released for candidates who wish to take admission through GATE cores.
The factors considered which fixing the cut off are:
- Number of candidates who appear for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the exam.
- Number of seats available.
TANCET Counselling 2023
TANCET Counselling 2023 will begin after the results have been declared. The counselling will be conducted in four stages:
- Online Registration: Candidates need to register for counselling on the Anna University official website. The counseling fees for candidates belonging to the general category are INR 300 (INR 150 for reserved category candidates).
- Merit List- The merit list will be released based on the results. Based on the merit list, candidates will be called for counselling.
- Candidates who successfully register will be provided with a call letter. It will include the candidate’s name, counseling center, and registration number.
- After the final round of counseling, candidates can confirm their admission by paying the college admission fees.
TANCET Participating Colleges 2023
Here is the list of TANCET participating institutes:
TANCET is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Anna University annually. The exam for MBA and MCA will be conducted on May , 2023, in two different slots, while for M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan courses the exam will be conducted on May, 2023.
Those who have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% in the relevant discipline can apply for the exam. Here in this post, we have explained the exam in detail.
People are also reading: