Here in this post, we have explained everything about the OSSTET exam, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and more in detail.
OSSTET Quick Updates
- OSSTET 2023-24 results for the second phase exam will be released by the BSE Odisha.
- The provisional answer key 2023 was released Soon.
- Candidates who appeared for the exam can download the provisional answer key and raise any objections on the official website until March, 2023.
- The second phase was conducted on February, 2023, in two shifts for Part I and Part II papers.
- The BSE Odisha released the admit card 2023
- The BSE has reduced the minimum qualifying marks for the exam from 60% to 45% for candidates belonging to unreserved categories. For the special category candidates, the minimum marks have been reduced from 50 to 35.
- The Phase I Exam was conducted on September, 2023.
What is OSSTET?
OSSTET is an exam conducted to recruit secondary teachers in Government schools in Odisha. BSE Odisha conducts this exam every year. The exam is divided into two categories: Paper I and Paper-II.
The OSSTET Paper I is for education teachers (graduate teachers in Science/Arts, Hindi/Classical teacher and Paper II are for teachers who want to teach Physical Education.
OSSTET Highlights 2023-24
|Exam Name||Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Purpose||To determine the eligibility of candidates as secondary teachers in Government/ Government aided schools of Odisha|
|Exam Centres||Across the state of Odisha|
|Medium of Papers||Odia and English|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of the Exam||Offline|
|Application Fees||INR 500 for each paper|
OSSTET Exam Dates 2023-24
Here are the OSSTET exam dates for Phase I and Phase II
|Events||Exam Dates for Phase I
Old Date (New Date)
|Exam Dates for Phase II|
|Registration Starts||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Last date of application||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Release of admit card||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Exam Dates||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Provisional answer key||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Challenge the answer key||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
|Results||Notified Soon||Notified Soon|
OSSTET Eligibility Criteria 2023-24
Here are the OSSTET eligibility criteria 2023-24:
- Citizenship: The candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Qualification: The candidates appearing for the exam must know how to read and write Odia. Additionally, they should hold the right educational qualification.
Here is the required educational qualification for Category I and Category II candidates.
OSSTET Paper 1 (Education teacher) Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria for Education Teachers.
|TGT (Science – PCM/ CBZ)
|Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in science with PCM or CBZ as honors or optional or Elective, or received a minimum of 50% from a recognized university and B.Ed from any institute recognized by NCTE.
Four years integrated degree in B.Sc.B.Ed from a recognized institute in PCM or CBZ as an optional or elective subject with a minimum of 50% marks.
|TGT Arts||Four years’ integrated B.A.B.Ed from an institute recognized by NCTE in any two ( English, Odia, Hindi & Sanskrit and History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Indian Economy, Landmarks in Indian History, Indian Geography & Indian Polity) as optional/honors/elective/pass with a minimum of 50% marks.
Bachelor’s degree in arts/commerce in any two of the subjects ( English, Odia, Hindi & Sanskrit, and History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Indian Economy, Landmarks in Indian History, Indian Geography & Indian Polity).
|Hindi Teacher||Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of 50% marks in one of the following subjects:
|Classical Teacher – Urdu||Must be a B.A graduate specializing in the Persian language with an aggregate of 50% marks and B.Ed from a recognized institute.
Or, Alim with the aggregate of 50% marks
|Classical Teacher – Telugu||Must have a Bachelor’s degree in arts with specialization in Telugu with 50% marks in aggregate and B.Ed.|
|Classical Teacher – Sanskrit||Must have a Bachelor’s degree in/with Sanskrit as an optional/honors/elective/pass subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate alongside Siksha Shastri (Sanskrit) degree from a recognized institute.|
OSSTET Paper 2 (Physical Education Teacher) Eligibility Criteria
|Physical Education||Candidates must have passed class 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized institute with an aggregate of 50% marks and B.P.Ed/M.P.Ed/C.P.Ed from a recognized board or university.|
OSSTET Syllabus 2023-24
The OSSTET syllabus 2023-24 includes the topics from which the questions are asked in the examination.
- The syllabus is different for both categories.
- However, the question paper of both categories is divided into four sections. Here is the complete information about the OSSTET Syllabus:
- Section 1: Language I (Odia)
- Section 2: Language II (English)
- Section 3: subject-specific (TGT Arts/ Science/Sanskrit/ Telugu/ Urdu/ Hindi/ Physical Education (contents of CPEd and BPEd Course))
- Section 4: Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management, and Evaluation.
OSSTET Exam Pattern 2023-24
Candidates should be familiar with the OSSTET exam pattern 2021-22 and the OSSTET question paper structure. Here we have given the complete OSSTET Exam Pattern in detail:
- The question paper has 150 MCQs for 1 mark each.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The total time to solve the questions is 2 hours.
- Here is the section-wise exam pattern:
|Language I||20 Questions|
|Language II||20 Questions|
|Subject-Specific Section||60 Questions|
|Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management & Evaluation||50 Questions|
OSSTET Selection Process 2023-24
The OSSTET selection process includes the following stages:
- The candidates need to fill the application available online on the official website.
- After filling the application form, candidates must pay the online application fees.
OSSTET Answer Key 2023-24
The BSE Odisha has released the OSSTET answer key 2021-22 for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates can now download the provisional answer key and submit objections by midnight on 12 March, 2022. Moreover, candidates need to pay a fee of INR 500 per challenge.
Follow the steps given below to download your Answer Key:
- Visit the BSE Odisha official website
- Click on the OSSTET answer key link for Paper 1 or Paper 2.
- Go through the answers carefully.
- Download the PDF of your answer key.
Raise Objections Against OSSTET Answer Key 2023
Candidates need to follow the given steps to raise objections against the provisional answer key.
- Visit the official website.
- Log using the roll number and mobile number.
- Pay INR 500 fee per objection.
- Raise the objections.
- Upload a maximum of 10 documents in support of your response.
- Click on ‘Final Submit.’
- Download the acknowledgment receipt.
OSSTET Result 2023-24
The BSE Odisha declares the OSSTET result 2021-22 after the exams. Follow the steps given below to download the exam results.
- Visit the official BSE Odisha website.
- Click on the link stating ‘Results of Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test (OSSTET), 2021 2nd Phase.’
- Enter the roll number or name
- Check and download the OSSTET result and scorecard
OSSTET Cut Off 2023-24
The BSE Odisha has reduced the minimum qualifying percentage for the examination. Here are the revised OSSTET Cut off marks:
|Category||Old Qualifying Percentage (%)||Revised Qualifying Percentage (%)|
|SC/ ST/ PH/ SEBC||50||35|
OSSTET exam is a state-level exam conducted for candidates who want to work as secondary teachers in Government and Government aided schools in Odisha. The exam is conducted in Category 1 (Paper 1) for Education Teachers and Category 2 for Physical Education Teachers.
Here in this post, we explained everything about the OSSTET exam, syllabus, exam dates, pattern, and more in detail.
People are also reading: