JEE Main Eligibility Criteria: NTA previously announced JEE Main Eligibility Criteria. Join Entrance examination is the top level engineering entrance exam conducted For January Session from January 6th to 11th, 2020 and for April Session it will be conducted on 3rd – 9th April 2020. Through JEE Main 2020 Exam students will get admission in the various engineering and courses which is offered by the IITs, NITs, GFTs. it is required to all the students that please check your eligibility before going to fill JEE Main Application Form. Here you will find that what is JEE Main Eligibility Criteria.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Here we are going to tell you all the important JEE Main 2020 eligibility Criteria for exam. Only those eligible who fulfills the below given eligibility.
- Candidates should be an Indian Citizen.
- A candidates who belong from outside of India can also apply.
- A candidates can attempt it three time with consecutive years.
- Without Aadhaar Card, candidates can not register themselves into the JEE Main 2020.
- Candidates age should be fall on or after 1st October, 1993 (for general and OBC candidate).
- Relaxation will be provided to the reserved candidates. 5 years relaxation will be provided to the SC/ST/PwD Candidates while filling JEE Main Application Form.
- Candidates need to apply with DOB which is mentioned previously into the secondary education boards.
No of Attempts
- Only three attempts will be given to a candidates with consecutive years.
Also Check :
- JEE Mains Paper Analysis.
- JEE Mains Important topics.
- Best books for JEE Mains.
- JEE Mains Syllabus.
- JEE Mains Preparation Tips.
Aadhaar Card Requirement
- It is required that every Indian citizen should have posses Aadhaar Card issued by the UIDAI. The aadhaar number, date of birth and gender are required to fill JEE Main Application Form which should be validated with UIDAI data.
- If in case your Aadhaar card did not matched with your academic details, then students will not able to fill JEE Main Application form. It is advised to the students that please correct your name, date of birth and gender in the aadhaar card according to the school record.
- If in case some details will not matched with your school records then you need to visit immediately nearest aadhaar center and request for aadhaar details updation and fille JEE Main application form through the enrollment number which is provided by the aadhaar center after the successfully updation request.
- Who are from Meghalaya, J&K, and Assam can leave these eligibility criteria. They need to fill application form through their local id proof i.e. bank account number, ration card number or any other valid Govt. identity number and their passport number.
- Candidates who are appearing or appeared into the 10+2 will be eligible.
- Candidates should have appeared in minimum 5 subjects in to the qualifying examination. Physics, Chemistry and mathematics will be the compulsory subjects into the qualification examination with two elective subjects as one is English and other is decided by you.
- For marks, there is no specific percentage for eligibility.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination will also be eligible for JEE Main.
- An NIOS candidates also eligible for JEE Main.
- A diploma holder can also apply but they are only eligible for IITs, their marks and percentage will not consider for the NITS and GFTs.
- From 2017, CBSE announced that when calculating JEE Main score no boards marks will be taken.
- A candidates who passed 10+2 exam in 2017 and 2018 will not be eligible.
- Candidates who appear in 2016 for qualifying examination but did not cleared the exam, but he passed into the 2017 are also not eligible.
- Candidates who qualify 12th in 2018 but appear for improvement in 2019 for one or two subjects, then they will be eligible for JEE Main.
- Marks and percentile are required for JEE Advanced and JEE Main.
NITs, IIITs and CFTIs Admission Eligibility
- Minimum 75% marks are required for admission in NITs, IITs, and CFTs. Some relaxation will be provided to the reserved candidates (For SC/ST students only 65%). or be in top 20% in 12th examination conducted by the recognized boards.
- Below is the subjects combination required for architectural and engineering courses.
Appeared 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational
Appeared 10+2 examination with Mathematics.