CBSE release NEET 2018 Exam Date. NEET 2018 will conducted on 6th May 2018 and application form will be available from the last week of January 2018. The national level medical entrance exam to be conducted by the CBSE for admission in MBBS and BDS courses for post graduate and under graduate programs which is offered by the top medical and BDS colleges across India. Those who are seeking to build their career in medical field need to appear in NEET because it is gateway for them. Last 2 year ago it will be known as AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test). From 2016 it is replaced by the NEET which is known as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Through this article you will complete information about NEET 2018 application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET 2019Notification has been released now, Click Here to Check.
NEET 2018 Admit Card has been released on 17th April 2018. Click here to get the admit card
Note: In recent conference CBSE clearly stated that the Syllabus of NEET 2018 will be same as it was in NEET 2017. There is no change in the syllabus for NEET(UG), 2018.
NEET Exam Dates 2018
Here candidates can view the schedule of NEET 2018 exam dates:
|Official Notification||30th January 2018|
|Application form Availability||4th week of January 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||March 2018|
|Last date to submit the application fee||March 2018|
|Admit card release date||1st week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018|
|Result Declared||4th June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling starts||12th June to 24th June 2018|
Changes Introduced in NEET Exam:
- In a recent proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved the number of attempt limit and finish it. Now, from 2018 general candidates can attempt it 9 times whereas, SC/ST/OBC candidates, can attempt it 14 times.
- It will be bilingual.
NEET Application Form 2018
Three simple steps for NEET Application Procedure:
- Fill Required details in the application form
- Upload your scanned images
- Pay your application fee
Here you can find the detailed application process for NEET 2018:
- NEET 2018 Application Form will be available through online mode only.
- Go to the official website @cbseneet.nic.in
- Enter the mandatory details in the first of registration process like personal, contact, domicile, qualification, etc.
- The upload your scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the given format.
- Pay your application fee via online and offline mode.
- It is advised to the candidates that take printout of confirmation page for future purpose after the successfully submission.
- For General and OBC candidate need to pay Rs. 1400/- and for SC/ST & PH candidate need to pay Rs. 750/- as application fee of NEET .
- Candidates can pay the application fee via online mode (debit or credit card) or offline mode through the e-challan of Syndicate, SBI, ICICI Bank or HDFC bank.
Check Here – How to Fill NEET 2018 Application Form
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding for application process candidates need to check their eligibility criteria for NEET exam. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Should be an Indian citizen. An OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) can also apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Those who belong from these states will be eligible for All India 15% quota only. They are also eligibl to take admission in AFMC, Pune by self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: For an Indian candidates must have a valid aadhar number for registration process.
- Minimum Age: Candidates must be 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: Candidates must be 25 years (for General candidates) and 30 years (for OBC/SC/ST categories) on the date of exam.
- Examination: Must have qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Must have Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- Those who are appearing for qualifying examination also eligible for NEET Exam.
- Marks Required: For a general-PH candidates need to secured at least 50% marks, 45% marks and for SC/ST & OBC candidates need to secure 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
NEET Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination is mentioned below:
- No. of Question: 180 questions
- Exam Mode: Only offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Type of Question: Objective type of questions.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany) subjects.
- Exam Duration: Time will be given 3 hours.
- Language: It will be conducted in 8 languages like English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi and Telugu languages.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer (-1 Mark).
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
In a recent notice NEET 2018 syllabus will be as it was in 2017. MCI (Medical Council of India) has described the syllabus for NEET exam. It is comprises from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The authority has prepared it from the class 11th and class 12th board syllabus which is prescribed by the CBSE, NCERT and other state boards.
It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
Check all important topics for NEET Preparation.
NEET Preparation Tips
- Review the syllabus of NEET.
- Prepare a plan for daily basis and monthly basis and create time-table.
- Focus towards only the best study material.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Attempt mock test.
- Keep yourself safe by last minute preparation.
- Stay healthy and take proper rest during preparation.
Click here for detailed preparation tips.
NEET Admit Card 2018
Those who successfully registered for the NEET 2018 will be able to download their NEET Admit Card from the official website which will released in the 1st week of April 2018 by the conducting authority. The authority cleared said that it will not available via offline mode i.e. by post.
- NEET Admit Card will contain following details:
- Candidate Name
- Father Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Date & Timing
- Exam center
Once candidates download their admit card then need to check it with their original documents, if in case any discrepancy exist need to contact immediately with CBSE.
NEET Answer Key
The authority will release the Answer Key after one week of result declaration. Answer keys are available in the official website via online mode. Authority also give an opportunity to the candidates that where they can challenge against the answer key by paying Rs. 1000/- per answer then challenged it. If any candidates challenge is accepted then the payment will be refunded to the candidates.
Result is very important where students can check their performance through the scorecard. NEET Result will be declared through online mode. Candidates can download their scorecard from the official website.
For downloading the scorecard candidates need to fill their credential in the form which are required like roll number and other required details in the website.
It is advised to the candidates that once result will be generated you need to take printout of the result for future purposes. With the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI the authority also released a merit list for admission.
NEET Cut Off
Cut off is the minimum marks required to the candidates qualify in the examination. Those who successfully scored minimum marks decided by the authority will be eligible for counseling process.
The cut off will be depend on the various factors:
- Number of students appeared in the exam
- Difficulty level
- Availability of seats.
Once the authority will released NEET result after that cut off will be released in the month of June 2018.
Here we are listed minimum marks for the candidates:
- For general: 50%
- For General-PH: 45%
- For reserved categories: 40%
NEET Counselling 2018
Those who successfully clear NEET 2018 will go for the counseling process which is based on their performances in the exam. For those who are under 15% All India Quota for them the counseling process will be organised by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode.
Those who are not falling these category will go for the Counseling Process which is conducted by the respective authorities. For the counseling process candidates need to pay application fee and while filling counseling form need to fill their preferred choices of colleges according to them. On the basis of candidates performance in the examination, their ranks and availability of the seats in the colleges, seat will be allotted to the candidates. Once the counseling process will be completed then candidates need to report their allotted colleges on time for admission process.