SSC CGL 2019-20: The Staff Selection Commission will release the official notification for the post of SSC CGL on 22nd October 2019. SSC CGL exam is conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission) every year. Exam takes four tiers. this Exam is controlled and organized by Government of India every year, for the purpose of recruiting staff for various posts in various Ministries and reputed Departments of the Government of India and in their Subordinate Offices. The authority earlier released the SSC Examination calendar. The SSC CGL Application Form will be starts from 22nd October 2019 and the last date of filling the application form is 22nd November 2019. the examination will be scheduled on 2nd to 11th March 2020.
SSC CGL 2019-20 Notification
SSC CGL 2019-20 official notification will be released soon, Link will be provided Here.
SSC Exam Calendar has been released now, Click Here to Check SSC 2019-20 Exam Calendar.
SSC CGL 2018-19 Mains Result will be announced soon, Link will be provide Here.
SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||SSC CGL|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Date||2nd March 2020 to 11th March 2020 (Tier I)|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline|
|Duration||Tier 1 – 60 minutes
Tier 2 – 120 minutes
Tier 3 – 60 minutes
Tier 4 – 45 minutes
SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Dates
SSC has been released the exam dates for SSC CGL Exam, the Exam will he held in between 2nd March 2020 to 11th March 2020, Check complete schedule of SSC CGL Examination.
|Activity||SSC CGL Dates*|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Notification Releasing on||22nd October 2019|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Application form available from||22nd October 2019|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Last Date of filling the application form||22nd November 2019|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier I Admit Card Available from||February, 2020|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-I Examination Date||2nd to 11th March, 2020 (CBE)|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-I Result Date||May, 2020|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-II & III Admit Card||June, 2020|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-II Examination Date||22nd June to 25th June 2020|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-III Examination Date||22nd June to 25th June 2020|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier-IV Examination Date||To be notified later|
SSC CGL 2019-20 Vacancies
In SSC CGL 2019-20 Notification, the vacancies expected to be release is 9000*, last year the SSC has released the 8089 vacancies. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies.he total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2018 will be updated soon here.he total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2018 will be updated soon here.
SSC CGL 2019-20 Application Form
Application forms can be filled in online mode only. Students must keep visiting the official website to get the latest updates. The application form will be tentatively available from March 2019. Following steps help students to fill the application form:
Step 1: Registration
- Open the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in
- Click on the Apply link and choose CGL in the new window
- Under the examination link, click on the Part 1 Registration
- Fill the details such as Personal Details, Name of the centre and code, Complete Postal Address, Education Qualification, Details of Work Experience, and Departmental Status
- Click on the Submit button
- After clicking on the button, registration ID will be generated. Students can download and take the printout of registration ID for their future reference.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- For uploading the documents, students need to login to the Registration II portal using the Registration ID generate at the time of Part I Registration
- Upload the scanned image of photograph and signature
- The image should be in JPG format and is of 8 bit only
- Size of the photograph must be between 4 kb-12kb.
- Size of the image file must be between 1kn-12kb
Step 3: Payment of Application Fees
- Students can obtain the application form by submitting the application fees of amount INR 100.
- The fees can be paid either in online or offline mode.
- Online fees can be paid using (Credit/ Debit card or SBI Net Banking) or offline fee is paid using SBI challan payment
Step 4: Form Submission
- After paying the application fees, click on the final submit button
- Students must verify all the details before clicking on final submission
- Once the form is submitted, students can download and keep it safe till the admission process ends.
Also Check Important links for SSC CGL:
- Best Books.
- Important Topic.
- One Month Study Plan.
- Three Month Study Plan.
- Question Weightage.
- Best Reasoning Books.
SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL examination is conducted in both the online and offline modes. SSC CGL Examination pattern is different for every exam. The paper is comprised of four levels i.e. Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4. Following is the detailed explanation of SSC CGL examination:
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- This paper is comprised of 200 objective type questions of total 200 marks.
- The exam is conducted in online mode only and 75 minutes will be given to complete the exam.
- The paper is divided into four sections i.e. General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness/ General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension
- There is a negative marking for incorrect responses.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
- This paper is consists of total four papers. Time given to complete each paper is 2 hours.
- The paper is comprised of objective type questions which are of 200 marks in each paper.
- Paper 1 is of Quantitative Ability, Paper 2 is of English Language and Comprehension, Paper 3 is of Statics and Paper 4 is about General Studies
- The exam is conducted in online mode only.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
- The paper is comprised of Descriptive type questions which are of 100 marks.
- The paper is conducted in offline mode only
- Total time duration given to complete the paper is 1 hour
- The paper is divided into three sections i.e. Essay Writing, Letter/ Application writing and Passage writing.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Pattern
- The exam is conducted in online mode only. Total time duration to complete the paper is 15 minutes.
- The paper is divided into two tests i.e. Data Entry Skill Test and Computer Proficiency Test
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Tier 1 and Tier 2 – Online
Tier 3 – Offline
|Number of Questions||Tier 1 – 200 Questions|
|Maximum Marks||Tier 1 – 200 marks
Tier 2 – 200 marks
Tier 3 – 100 marks
|Duration of Exam||Tier 1 – 75 minutes
Tier 2 – 2 hours each paper
Tier 3 – 1 hour
Tier 4 – 15 minutes
|Section in Paper||Tier 1 – 4 (General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Awareness/ General knowledge
Tier 3 (Essay Writing
- The Merit List will be prepared by overall performance of Tier I, Tier II, Tier III.
SSC CGL Syllabus
Here we discuss the SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC has conducted the CGL exam in four Tier. i.e Tier I, Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV.
Tier I Syllabus
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- Tier I is an objective based online exam.
- Time duration of Tier I is 60 Minutes.
- There are 4 sections in Tier I and each section contain 25 questions each.
- There are total number of 100 questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Tier II Syllabus
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Tier II is Computer based online exam.
- Paper 1 and 2 are compulsory for every post.
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”.
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Tier III is Descriptive Exam, and it is conducted offline. Candidate need to write Essay/Letter /Precis. this is the test of candidates writing skill in Hindi/English.
- Time duration of Tier III is 60 Minutes.
Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Puzzle||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One-word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work|
Tier II Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
- The Required fee is Rs 100.
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
there are basically four important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL .
- Age Relaxation:
S.No Category Age Relaxation 1 OBC 3 years 2 ST/SC 5 years 3 PH + Gen 10 years 4 PH + OBC 13 years 5 PH + SC/ST 15 years 6 Ex-Servicemen (Gen) 3 years 7 Ex-Servicemen (OBC) 6 years 8 Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) 8 years
- Citizenship: The Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification:
Post Educational Qualification Assistant Audit Officer Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
Compiler Posts Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
All Other Posts Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
- Physical Fitness Requirements: there are sure imperative Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
Candidates can download their Admit Card/Hall Ticket from the SSC official website. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam.
How to download SSC CGL Admit Card
- Visit the official website of SSC
- Search and click on the SSC CGL 2019 Admit Card link
- Enter the details such as registration number and date of birth as password
- Students must verify all the details mentioned on the admit card
- Download and save the hard copy of SSC CGL Admit card for future reference.
SSC CGL Exam Center
SSC CGL examination is conducted in 128 exam centers. Exam centre will be allocated at the time of their registration process. The following table shows the name of various test centres located at different locations:
|Guwahati (Dispur)||Srinagar (J&K)||Chandigarh||Amritsar|
SSC will release the Result in four stages after completion of each Tier, the candidates can check their result form official website of SSC.
CGL exam Preparation is done in symmetric manner, with the latest exam pattern, create your a proper study plan, divide the time for all subjects, try to solve previous years papers, Always start the paper with the easier sections like General Awareness. Complete all the other sections before moving to the Quantitative Aptitude Section.