SSC CGL exam is conducted by SSC(Staff Selection Commission) every year. Exam takes four tiers. this Exam is controlled and organized by Government of India every year, for the purpose of recruiting staff for various posts in various Ministries and reputed Departments of the Government of India and in their Subordinate Offices.SSC CGL official notification was released by SSC on 5th May 2018 for various post in various Ministries and reputed Departments of the Government of India and their Subordinate Offices. Tier I exam will be conducted from 25th July to 20th Aug 2018. SSC CGL 2018 Tier-II exam will be conducted in November 2018.
SSC CGL 2017-18 Tier III Admit Card has been released, Click Here to get Admit Card
SSC 2018-19 Official Notification has been released Click Here to Check Notification.
SSC CGL 2018-19 | Exam Dates
|SSC CGL 2018 Online Application||5th May to 4th June 2018|
|SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I||25th July to 20th Aug 2018(CBE)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-III (Des)||To be notified later|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam||To be notified later|
SSC CGL 2018-19 | Vacancies
In SSC CGL 2018-19 Notification, the vacancies expected to be release is 9000, last year the SSC has released the 8089 vacancies. The SSC CGL Exam 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies.he total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2018 will be updated soon here.he total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2018 will be updated soon here.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) every year in four levels for various government posts. here we discuss the SSC CGL Exam Pattern:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
- SSC CGL Tier I and Tier II exam will be conducted on Online Mode.
- Time duration of Tier I and Tier II is 60 Minutes.
- Tier III exam is Descriptive exam of 100 marks and time duration is 60 minutes with pen and pen paper mode.
- Skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
- The Merit List will be prepared by overall performance of Tier I, Tier II, Tier III.
Also Check Important links for SSC CGL:
- Best Books.
- Important Topic.
- One Month Study Plan.
- Three Month Study Plan.
- Question Weightage.
- Best Reasoning Books.
SSC CGL 2018-19 | Syllabus
Here we discuss the SSC CGL Syllabus, SSC has conducted the CGL exam in four Tier. i.e Tier I, Tier II, Tier III and Tier IV.
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- Tier I is an objective based online exam.
- Time duration of Tier I is 60 Minutes.
- There are 4 sections in Tier I and each section contain 25 questions each.
- There are total number of 100 questions.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
CGL Tier II Syllabus
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Tier II is Computer based online exam.
- Paper 1 and 2 are compulsory for every post.
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”.
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
Click here for SSC CGL Preparation tips.
CGL Tier III
SSC CGL Tier III is Descriptive Exam, and it is conducted offline. Candidate need to write Essay/Letter /Precis. this is the test of candidates writing skill in Hindi/English.
- Time duration of Tier III is 60 Minutes.
- The Required fee is Rs 100.
- No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
SSC CGL 2018-19 | Eligibility Criteria
there are basically four important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL .
- Age Relaxation:
S.No Category Age Relaxation 1 OBC 3 years 2 ST/SC 5 years 3 PH + Gen 10 years 4 PH + OBC 13 years 5 PH + SC/ST 15 years 6 Ex-Servicemen (Gen) 3 years 7 Ex-Servicemen (OBC) 6 years 8 Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) 8 years
- Citizenship: The Candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Educational Qualification:
SSC CGL Post Educational Qualification Assistant Audit Officer Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
Compiler Posts Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
All Other Posts Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
- Physical Fitness Requirements: there are sure imperative Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL 2018-19 | Admit Card
Candidates can download their Admit Card/Hall Ticket from the SSC official website. The admit card for the CGL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CGL Tier-2 exam.
SSC CGL 2018| Result
SSC will release the Result in four stages after completion of each Tier, the candidates can check their result form official website of SSC.
SSC CGL Preparation
CGL exam Preparation is done in symmetric manner, with the latest exam pattern, create your a proper study plan, divide the time for all subjects, try to solve previous years papers, Always start the paper with the easier sections like General Awareness. Complete all the other sections before moving to the Quantitative Aptitude Section.
Team Learn Dunia