MBA in HR: Courses, Syllabus, Eligibility, Jobs & Career
An MBA in HR or Human Resource Management is one of the most popular specializations in MBA. It is a two-year course that focuses on recruitment and management. Moreover, the course focuses on providing direction and guidance for people to all the employees working in the organization. The main aim of this course is to train and provide knowledge to manage the workforce in the organization.
Here in this post, we have explained everything you need to know about MBA in Human Resource Management in detail.
So let us get started!
What is MBA In HR?
Master of Business Administration or MBA in Human Resource Management is a 2-year PG program for candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any stream. This course is perfect for those who have good communication skills and can envision a larger picture for an organization. These professionals are required in all public and private sector organizations.
MBA HR Course Highlights
|MBA in HR Full-Form||Master of Business Administration in Human Resource|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% – 60% in Bachelors|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam|
|Course Fees||INR 3 Lakhs – 8 Lakhs per annum|
|Subjects||Quantitative Techniques for Management, Marketing Management, Managerial Economics, Human Resource Management|
|Average Salary||INR 4 Lakhs – 10 Lakhs per annum|
|Top Recruiters||HSBC, HDFC, ICICI, Genpact, JP Morgan, Standard Chartered, Barclays, etc.|
|Scope||MBA HR Abroad, Ph.D. in HR, Professional Diploma Courses like CFA, PMP CRMA, etc.|
Purpose of MBA in HRM
- HRM is a stable industry and many large firms hire HR managers who can look after the employees in the organization.
- This course provides graduates with an opportunity to earn more. People pursuing this course are likely to get a 50% hike.
- Since the students are trained to control and manage the employees in the workplace, MBA graduates are more likely to become leaders.
- Some of the scopes after completing this course are- The certified Talent Management Practitioner Program, SAP HR Certification, etc.
When to Pursue this Course?
MBA in HRM is one of the courses that offer the highest paying jobs. The right time to pursue this MBA course depends on the individual.
Pursuing this course after graduation with no work experience will not offer the best results. If you are expecting more returns after MBA, then it is considered to pursue the course after working for 3-4 years in the field of human resources.
Candidates need to know that this course is pretty expensive due to the high demand. Those who are prepared to invest their money in this course can apply for the exam.
Types of MBA in HRM
Here are the different types of HR programs:
|Types of MBA||Eligibility||Admission||Fees (INR)|
|Executive MBA in HR||Bachelor’s Degree + Work Experience||Merit/ Entrance Based||15,00,000 – 27,00,000|
|Distance MBA in HR||Completed their Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% and have a work experience of 2 to 3 years||Merit/Entrance-Based||40,000 – 70,000|
|Online MBA in HR||Completed their Bachelor’s Degree||Merit-Based||40,000 – 50,000|
|Full-Time MBA in HRM||Completed their Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 50%||Entrance Based||3,00,000 – 10,00,000|
|1 Year MBA in HRM||Completed their Bachelor’s Degree and have 5-10 Years of Work Experience||Entrance Exam||INR 7,00,000 – 24,00,000|
Full-Time MBA in HR
A full-time MBA in HR is a 2-year professional Master’s degree that provides students with knowledge and training regarding effective management of human resources. The fees for this course range from INR 4 Lakhs – 25 Lakhs depending on the college.
- Admission for this course is provided based on various national-level and state-level MBA entrance exams. The best MBA entrance exams are CAT, CMAT XAT, GMAT, MAT, SNAP, and IBSAT.
- Many state-level MBA exams are accepted in local colleges that offer this course. However, these colleges also take in other all-India MBA entrance Exams.
Executive MBA in HR
An Executive MBA with HR specialization is an advanced PG diploma course pursued by working professionals who want to improve their skills in human resource management.
This course is offered under the Executive MBA program. Many colleges in India offer PGP for executives. However, the only difference is that under MBA the institute must be affiliated with a university.
Many colleges like IGNOU, IIM Calcutta, and TISS offer the best Executive MBA HR program.
One-Year MBA in HR
Those who are working and want to pursue an MBA without leaving their job can apply for one-year MBA courses. There are many colleges that offer one-year MBA in HR courses including IIM Ahmedabad’s MBA-PGPX.
- To get admission to this course, candidates must have a GMAT or GRE score of 650 or above.
- The students need to have a work experience of 5 years or more.
- 2 years of work experience is enough to get into colleges like ISB Hyderabad and Great Lakes.
- The one-year MBA in HR fees is higher when compared to the other modes.
- The average fee of this course is INR 12,86,000 for one year.
MBA in HR Online
- This course is offered by many UGC-granted colleges like Assam Don Bosco University, Amity Noida, Jaipur National University, NIBM Pune, etc.
- There are many colleges in India like IIMs and private B Schools that offer online HR courses.
- The best part about this course is that you can complete this course on your own time schedule.
- The major eligibility criteria for that the students must have completed their graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50% marks
MBA in HR Admission Process
The admission process for this course is similar to the other MBA courses. Admission to this course is done based on the scores secured in various MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
Those who want to get admission to these courses must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree.
To get admission to MBA in HRM you need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria. Almost all the colleges that offer this course, follow the same eligibility criteria.
Here we have given the complete eligibility criteria for this course in detail:
- The students must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 50% or an equivalent CGPA score from any recognized institution.
- There is a relaxation of 5% for students belonging to SC/ST/PWD.
- Students who are in their final year can also apply for this course. However, their admission is subject to change based on the final results.
Admission Process 2022
Getting admission to this course is done based on the scores secured in various entrance exams like MAT, CAT, SNAP, CMAT, etc. Those who clear the entrance exam can appear for the Group Discussing and Personal Interview round.
Here is the complete admission process:
- Apply and prepare for the entrance exam: You must select the preferred college and required entrance exam. However, it is advised to appear for the CAT exam.
- Appear for the entrance exam: The students must prepare for the MBA entrance exam effectively to clear the exam with good marks. You need to know that, the questions asked in this exam will be MCQ-based.
- Shortlisting process: The colleges offering this course shortlist candidates based on the marks obtained in the exam. Those who qualify on the cutoff list will be eligible for the next round included in the admission process.
- Final Admission Round: The MBA in HR colleges conduct these rounds to test the candidate’s ability and skills via Group Discussion (GD), and Written Ability Test (WAT). and Personal Interview (PI).
MBA in HR Entrance Exam
Some of the entrance exams to get admission to this course include CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, etc.
What is CAT Exam?
Common Admission Test or CAT is a national-level entrance exam conducted to provide admissions to various MBA programs including MBA with Human Resource Specialization. This exam provides admission to 20 IIMs in India. Those who have cleared their Bachelor’s with a minimum of 50% can appear for this exam.
Note: There is a 5% relaxation for those candidates belonging to the reserved category.
MAT is a national-level MBA entrance exam conducted by AIMA. The scores are accepted by 600+ MBA in HR colleges in India. It is conducted 4 times a year (February, May/June, September, and December).
Other State Level Entrance Exams
|APICET||Dibrugarh University Entrance Exam|
MBA in HR Syllabus
The Human Resource Management degree is divided into semesters and terms. Some colleges offer a bi-semester or term system while others offer a trimester system. Here are the MBA HR subjects:
|MBA in HR Subjects- 1st Year|
|Quantitative Techniques for Management||Principles of Management and Organisational Behaviour|
|Marketing Management||Research Methods for Management|
|Managerial Economics||Corporate Communication|
|Human Resource Management||Operations Management|
|Accounting and Finance for Managers||–|
|MBA in HR Subjects- 2nd Year|
|Personal Management Concepts||Performance Management: Systems and strategies|
|Compensation Management||Strategic Management|
|Methodology of Training and Development||Business Environment and Ethics|
|Industrial Relations Management||Organisational Development and Change|
|Human Resource Development and Planning||–|
There is a lot of demand for skilled HR professionals in both public and private companies. These professionals play an important role in the organization. They are responsible for maintaining a cordial relationship between an organization and the employees.
Today every small and large business and company hires HR professionals as they help in the proper formation and management of the company.
Scope of HRM For Freshers
Getting started as a fresher can be a difficult task sometimes. However, it gets better once you have good experience in this field.
After completing your MBA, freshers can get started with a job in a consultancy firm. Here your only job is to note down the requirements of your clients, search for jobs, find candidates who fit in, and complete the entire recruitment process.
Here is the salary of an MBA fresher for various job positions:
|Job Position||Salary (INR)|
|Intern||2,75,000 – 3,00,000|
MBA in HR Salary
|Job Profile||Average Salary (INR)|
|Staffing Director||4,00,000 – 6,50,000|
|Hr Generalist||2,50,000 – 4,00,000|
|Technical Recruiter||3,50,000 – 6,00,000|
|Compensation Manager||4,00,000 – 7,00,000|
|Employee Relations Manager||4,00,000 – 6,00,000|
Courses After MBA in HR
Those who have completed their MBA course have various other course options to take their career forward. Some of the courses include:
- SAP HR Certification
- Certified Talent Management Practitioner Program
- Society for Human Resource Management Certification
- SHRM Certified Professional
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional
There is a lot of demand for skilled HR professionals in both public and private companies. this is one of the most popular specializations in MBA. It is a two-year course that focuses on recruitment and management. The main aim of this course is to train and provide knowledge to manage the workforce in the organization.
This course provides graduates with an opportunity to earn more. People pursuing this course are likely to get a 50% hike.
The students must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 50% or an equivalent CGPA score from any recognized institution can appear for this course.
The Best MBA entrance exams are CAT, CMAT XAT, GMAT, MAT, SNAP, and IBSAT.
Here in this post, we have explained everything you need to know about MBA in HR courses, jobs, and more in detail.
People are also reading: